Octagon - Another Purpose - Game Thread.

load previous
Jul 30, 2015 5:24 am
"Wouldn't there flowers rather keep things from approaching us?" Ronna says. "We have no idea what is in there, and I'd really appreciate a chance to rest before we rush into anything. That would make it easier to restore everyone too, later on."
Jul 30, 2015 3:52 pm
"I agree with Ronna. We don't know what lies beyond. It is more prudent to make camp here at the entrance of this wonder than to plumb its depths and hope to find solace. We have solace now and would be wise to make use of it."
Jul 30, 2015 4:58 pm
Mandoric nods his head in acquiescence. With no further words, he puts up his tent, feeds his seskii, and then disappears into his tent. There is a sound of whipping and suppressed human gasps. At the conclusion of this daily reverence to the million gods, Mandoric and his seskii collapse into slumber.

Mandoric is more than happy to rest, and really needs to do so for another 24 hours (4 more recovery rolls) to have a chance to recover more or less fully.
Last edited July 30, 2015 5:00 pm

Rolls

Recovery roll (10 hours): Might - (1d6+1)

(5) + 1 = 6

Jul 30, 2015 8:41 pm
This is not turn end summary, just Zinobia character post. Nyom turn required in order to finalize this turn.

Zinobia followed Mandoric actions with his gaze, sat down into the dust and said:

"I actually think that if Nyom can control the things of this building, we could be safe there. But i am not sure. I've made mistakes before........ OR may be she could check stuff herself... or just... nevermind.....If we stay here... we do not know for how long those flowers ascension will remain.... I hope it will last enough.... plus i am worried by what Nyom saying about her head. And the fact that her access is temporary...."
Aug 1, 2015 2:45 pm
"From what I can understand, as long as these 'implants' are with me I'll have some sort of access to the building. They hurt, but maybe some rest will take care of that."
Aug 1, 2015 6:39 pm
New Turn

Zinobia pulls his tent, dispatches it and says: "Well, we could have someone in charge of watching or could skip it. I hope those flowers will create barrier for us and nothing will emerge from this building while we sleep. We should rest, indeed. If you please i will rest for one-two hours and then will check if particles still exist. I will try to be your watcher. Pull out your tents. Go rest. You really need it. "

He goes into his tent.

Zinobia rolling 10 minute and 1 hour recovery roll. After that he will checkwhats going on and perhaps iwll play watcher role.
Ronna could reset her counter on Mandoric and any character who will go for 10 hour rest.

Rolls

10 min recovery - (1d6+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

1 h recovery - (1d6+1)

(5) + 1 = 6

Aug 1, 2015 7:23 pm
Ronna may be shaken by the day's events and not comfortable with violence, but she is no stranger to discomfort. She prepares her sleeping place quickly, wraps herself around her bedroll, and quickly falls asleep, half curled up in a ball.

Please state clearly that you'll take the 10 hour rest, so I'll know to reset Ronna's heal counter for each such character.

Rolls

Recovery roll (1 hour) - (1d6+1)

(3) + 1 = 4

Recovery roll (10 hours) - (1d6+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Aug 1, 2015 7:56 pm
Nyom pulls a bedroll from her pack and holding her head in her hands settles down with the others.

szemely sent a note to BlackStork
Last edited August 1, 2015 8:01 pm

Rolls

10 Minute Recovery - (1d6+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

1 Hour Recovery - (1d6+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

10 Hour Recovery - (1d6+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

Aug 3, 2015 1:45 pm
Mandoric does not respond to any of the conversation, and it is clear from the human and bestial shallow breathing coming from his tent that both he and the seskii are going to be asleep for at least 10 hours...

OK, here goes with trying to keep up with the game via my phone and the unstable internet connection I'm managing to get in the place I'm on holiday!
Aug 4, 2015 5:19 pm
game waiting for Lucas turn. Pls check if you have turns pending so the game will run much faster. Cheers
Aug 4, 2015 5:43 pm
Lucas tries to get some sleep.

Rolls

Recovery (1 hour) - (1d6+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Recovery (10 hours) - (1d6+2)

(3) + 2 = 5

Aug 4, 2015 6:05 pm
Resetted Ronna's heal counters for all the characters.
Aug 4, 2015 10:01 pm
The night descended above the valley, and covered our party with cloaks of dreams.

Each one had own dreams.
BlackStork sent a note to szemely
Zinobia waked up after few hours of rest in order to watch surrounding area and alarm the party if something approaches.

Party woke up... It was bright morning. The air was fresh. The wind was stronger than yesterday. And particle ascention was no longer filling the air of the valley. It was quiet morning. Zinobia sat near his tent with Mandoric's seskii, watching the north-west horizon . He held his octagon-shaped compass in his hands.

Seems that the night passed allright.

Adventurers woke up one after other. Mandoric was first to wake, and the sounds his happy seskii disturbed dreams of Ronna and Lucas.

Nyom was last to exit her tent, and she were not looking good. She, actually were looking really bad. She came out absent-minded, blinded by bright sun in the morning sky, she was holding her head with her hands.
It's was clear to anyone that Nyom is noot feeling good

Pls reset recovery rolls count. Nyom is impaired
Aug 4, 2015 10:04 pm
It seems that Zinobia didnt slept all the night, and was watching the area.
Zinobia met everyone with calm smile, but his face changed when he saw the Nyom coming out of her tent. He went short "Hmmm..." and stood up and made few steps towards Nyom and asked: "Are you allright, Nyom?"
Aug 5, 2015 6:05 am
Ronna stretches and yawns, looking much happier than she did yesterday, despite sleeping in the rough surroundings.

"Good morning, everyone!" she exclaims, and goes over to Mandoric's seskii to give it a good morning rub.

When she starts digging through her belongings for breakfast, she sees Nyom stumble out of the tent. Ronna puts her backbag down immediately and rushes to Nyom's side.

"What is it, Nyom? How are you feeling? Can I help somehow?"
Aug 5, 2015 3:58 pm
Mandoric feels a little better after his sleep, but his head is still cloudy and his body aches. He hardly has the energy to worry as he sees the seskii with Ronna, though he still notices the little ways the creature gives Ronna attention the way the beast never does to him.

However, these concerns of animal loyalty are briefly undermined by his concerns for Nyom, "Er, Nyom, perhaps resting was a bad idea for you in particular. You said you thought whatever was in you might only come out if we went insides this building Although I would prefer another day of resting, I'm afraid you might not survive it." Turning to everyone, the merchant says, "So, shall we see where this lift takes us under Nyom's control?"
Aug 5, 2015 9:47 pm
Shielding her eyes from the sun, Nyom grimaces as she staggers out of her tent. Responding to the concerns of the others she says, "My head feels like it's been split open. I was hoping the rest would help, but it's only gotten worse. We need to get into that bunker and figure it out so that I can work on finding a way to fix this."
Aug 7, 2015 10:53 pm
Lucas turn required. Please try to post more often than post in 4 days. Our game pace is set to 5 posts per week. Cheers. :) If you are busy leave queue or orders or make shorter posts or notify the players at least.
Aug 8, 2015 8:28 pm
Lucas is last to rise and before he wipes the humors from his eyes, he seems a child with a daze of wonder on his face. It is soon replaced with a blank face of that belies a mask of control. He sees everyone moving towards the bunker. "Good. I see you all have decided on a direct course of action." He gathers his things and makes sure everything is packed tight before joining the others on the lift.

"Well then. Let's see where this thing goes."
Aug 9, 2015 3:40 pm
Zinobia walked close to Nyom, gazed straight into her eyes, checking for him something, perhaps, and then turns towards the party and said:

"I warned you. We need to go inside now. So lets do that and not wait anymore. I hope you are rested and are better now. Time to uncover what lies inside."

He enters the lift room, and made waving gesture with his hand, inviting anyone to enter.

"Nyom, dear, i hope you know how to activate this... And i hope it will not cause any pain for you."

New turn
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.