Octagon - Another Purpose - Game Thread.

load previous
Sep 3, 2015 11:31 am
Are there any visible controls that could be related to the screens?
Sep 3, 2015 12:53 pm
Control pannel have 6 block squares marked on it, which could be probably some kind of buttons. They have different size and marked chaotically on the pannel.
BlackStork sent a note to Gargoyle
Sep 3, 2015 3:25 pm
Ronna narrows her eyes as she takes a step back and looks from the control panel to the 4th screen and back.

"These look like they are related to this place..." she mutters, mostly to herself.

After thinking for a moment, Ronna steps in front of the control panel and gingerly operates the controls matching the blinking squares, trying to form a better understanding of the whole system.

Rolls

Use Numenera (trained, spend 1 level of Effort) - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Sep 3, 2015 4:23 pm
Mandoric's monacle dims, and he turns to Nyom, "Nyom, I am more than sure that I cannot get into this locker, but I think you should be able to with your ... err ... mental interface.
Sep 3, 2015 9:26 pm
"I'll give it a try." Nyom says to Mandoric as she approaches the locker. She lowers her head and closes her eyes.

szemely sent a note to BlackStork
Sep 10, 2015 12:08 am
Lucas stands aside as Nyom tries.
Sep 10, 2015 2:41 am
Ronna's action does nothing except that her touch on the pannel create another sentence on the fifth screen, which is shortly dissapears after her hands left the pannel.

Once Nyom close eyes and lower her head, the locker doors open with faint "whiiiiiifffff" sound.
There is a box inside of locker. The box have dusty gray-blue shiny surface. It is perfect cube.

Nyom please roll 1d100 2 times.
Sep 10, 2015 2:44 am
Rolling....

Rolls

Random Roll - (1d100)

(92) = 92

Random Roll - (1d100)

(83) = 83

Sep 10, 2015 2:52 am
Ok thanks, roll results recorded, for now its new turn, please do your turns.
Cheers
Sep 10, 2015 5:13 am
Ronna lets out a swearword you wouldn't believe sweet, little young woman would now and takes a step back. She folds her arms over her chest and glares at the screens, looking highly annoyed.
Sep 10, 2015 7:07 am
Lucas looks quizzically at Ronna and goes over to where she stands. "Did anything happen? Perhaps if you try a different combination?"
Sep 10, 2015 7:21 am
Changed critical typo of mine
was " There is a box outside"
to "There is a box inside of locker"
there is box found in the locker
Sep 11, 2015 2:23 am
Nyom will inspect the box, looking to see if there appears to be an opening of some sort.

Rolls

Inspect the Box - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Sep 12, 2015 3:59 pm
Mandoric looks with interest over Nyom's shoulder to see if the box has any numeneric significance, and failing that market value.

Rolls

Understanding numenera + trained - inability - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Sep 12, 2015 7:53 pm
Zinobia stares on the box, then on Nyom then back on the box.

Nothing happens, and room is drowned in silence.

BlackStork sent a note to szemely
Nyom focused on the box and suddenly her body started to tremble. Then it stopped, and again, silence filled the room.
Sep 14, 2015 5:49 pm
Waiting for at least Nyom's reply. (Cause the turn will require her action for sure in order to advance). Other players also may do the another move till i get input from Nyom..
Sep 14, 2015 9:36 pm
Steadying herself, Nyom once again stares at the box.

szemely sent a note to BlackStork
Sep 15, 2015 7:49 am
BlackStork sent a note to szemely
Zinobia raises his brows and say: "Nyom, perhaps you could hack it with power of your mind, with that thing you got to operate the doors as well?"
Sep 15, 2015 9:18 pm
Growing noticeably frustrated with the whole ordeal, Nyom simply tosses the box to Zinobia. "You hack it!"
Sep 15, 2015 10:53 pm
"Hmm...... " - mumbles Zinobia and takes the box. He looks very surprised by sudden Nyom's reaction.
"Allright. If you can not I will try my best...." he added , and started to examine the box.
He spinned it few times in his hands, knocked it lightly, and continued his examination.

Then he said loudly "A-ha!" , went close to Nyom, raised the box, that it was in distance of inch or two from Nyom's head, and started to whisper right into Nyom's ear in repetition : "Open, open, open, open, open, open, open!"

Then the box made soft faint "phiff" sound and the box opened, releasing something.

Zinobia skilfully catched it in the air and offered this thing to Nyom.

"Take. It's Yours, I guess. "

This thing looks like tube which during it's fall changed from spiral-curled, twisted snake-like form into stretched, flexible tube "thing".

Then he added more: "I think I know what this thing might be."
New Turn

Rolls

Box Check (Numenera specialized) - (1d20+6)

(20) + 6 = 26

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.