Octagon - Another Purpose - Game Thread.

load previous
Sep 18, 2015 6:12 am
Zinobia waits for Nyom to take the tube, and tells: "I've saw similar thing once. It's flexible thing that gives you vision of hardly reachable places. Could be very useful. It's very good numenera. And very expensive."
Quote:

Vision Snake
Level: 7
Form: A 3-foot-long (1 m) flexible synth tube
that can be extended to 8 feet (2 m)
Effect: Looking through one end of this tube
always allows the user to see through it to
the other end, no matter how many twists or
bends are in the tube.

Nyom pls add it as artifact to your possesions once you receive it.
BlackStork sent a note to szemely
Sep 18, 2015 8:25 am
Mandoric reflects on what has happened since entering this building and says to Nyom, "It seems you have the power to command this place. You controlled the lift, you activated the beds, and with Zinobia's help you opened the box. Maybe if you went back to the screens you could work another miracle? Maybe there is a door out of here? Or maybe some other hidden artifacts? I think all you have to do is give the right command..."
Sep 18, 2015 2:43 pm
Ronna steps in front of Nyom and looks into her eyes, gauging how she's doing. "Don't push her", she says. "There has to be more ways to manage this place than just her."
Sep 20, 2015 6:28 am
Mandoric takes a step back from Ronna and Nyom. He turns his attention to examining the room some more. Do any of the spaces on the walls look like they might in fact be doors to other rooms? The puzzle of this place does not seem to be solvable in this room alone. While Mandoric is distracted, his seskii slinks up to Ronna, sensing the kind-hearted woman's upset, and nuzzles the back of her hand. The reptile keeps one eye on her master as she senses he would not approve.

Rolls

Search for hidden doors - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Sep 20, 2015 7:39 am
Room's walls seem to be solid, and there no single trace of something that could resemble door or something.
Only visible and obvious entrance to the place is the lift.
The room have:
5 Screens with small control pannel below them.
Opened empty locker.
2 Bed devices.
Lift cabin.
Sep 20, 2015 7:42 am
"Dear feriends. I think we got what we can from this place. We need to focus on Nyom's implant.... It's troubling and i could assume that leaving this place without helping her to deal with her problems could be bad idea... " - said Zinobia, turning his face to Ronna, and then to Lucas.
Sep 21, 2015 2:15 pm
Guys i am waiting for input, please do not become inactive.
there are plenty things to do, at least to solve Nyom's problem, and then depart.
Sep 21, 2015 4:47 pm
Mandoric exhales in frustration. He can usually sweet talk his way out of difficult situations, but the ancient technology here is beyond his powers.

He looks warily at Ronna, only to see the seskii's affection towards her, which makes the merchant even tenser. He clears his throat and says in his best attempt at a calm and calming voice.

"I do understand, Nyom, that the controls here cause you some considerable pain, and believe me I am no stranger to pain myself. But it seems to me that as you "asked" the controls for the healing Mr Cloudscraper and I received, so you might also be able to ask for your implants to be removed."

Whilst waiting for Nyom's response, and fearing Ronna's further anger, he pulls a treat from his robes and offers it to the seskii, hoping at least to win his animal companion back.
Sep 21, 2015 7:36 pm
Ronna absent-mindedly pats the seskii on the head, without taking her eyes of Nyom. "How do you feel? Do you need to rest or something?"

She takes a quick glance at Zinobia over her shoulder, looking angry. "Are you serious that we need to push this further?"
Sep 21, 2015 9:48 pm
Looking towards Mandoric, Nyom answers, "I have thought about asking for the implants to be removed but I don't want to get stuck in this place. I'm not sure what we'd be able to do in here without some way to communicate with whatever this is."

"I think what I need is what we all do, Ronna, to get out of here. Once I'm sure we can get out then I'll see about removing the implant. The physical pain isn't that bad - it's the visions and the voices that drain me. Clues that I'm unable to decipher, images of my younger self in danger....."
Sep 22, 2015 7:54 am
"Visions?" - Zinobia re-asked. "Could you tell us what do you see? Perhaps more details and clues could help us. If we were in Yosh-Ul, seers would immediately find how to help, but we are not there... Tell us more and perhaps one of us could help you... As I understand both me, Mandoric and Ronna are experts in things Numenera."
"And yes, if you say and feel so - perhaps it is a time to leave this place and venture forth. "
Sep 22, 2015 9:37 pm
Nyom lets out a sigh. Head down and eyes closed she tells of her visions - "I'm there, both as myself and as a child, two of me. The older me, present me, I guess, has hidden the younger me from someone. The man in my mind. Apparently he wants to harm her."

She lifts her head, almost as if in shock, eyes wide open. Regaining her composure she continues, "If I want to save her, whatever that actually means, I am to find something that belongs to her, to give her power. Apparently she is the key to all of this. I have no idea what to do..."
Sep 23, 2015 4:52 am
Ronna takes a step back, looking intense, but confused. "Younger you? That's-- strange. Do you remember anything from your childhood that might be related to this? Was there anything missing? How did you get this implant, anyway?"

She glances at Zinobia. "And if we were to leave this place, where would we go?"
Sep 23, 2015 7:50 am
Zinobia pulls out his Octagon shaped compass and waves with it - "This thing. Remember? We have mission and things to do. We need to reach that cave and see where it leads and find my son and my cousin. We are close to it. I think it's three hours of travel from here."
Sep 26, 2015 3:46 pm
Mandoric eyes the compass, but having heard Nyom's words, he turns in desparation to the screens. He has always had more luck influencing people than understanding numenera machines, but maybe there is some way he can ... persuade the technology here to release Nyom, or to provide more information to understand this puzzle. Although he is at his wit's end, he pushes his tired mind beyond its normal limits.

Rolls

Numenera + trained - inability + effort - (1d20+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

Oct 8, 2015 7:14 am
Zinobia glances over the party, and after long silence break says: "We need to move. We have things to do.

Nyom, that man, who is he? What is he? And yourself "oldder" one..... How do you know that you need to find something? She told you?...... Can you think about something from your childhood? Something that made yourself stronger in direct or undirect way? Think about your childhood, i guess..... The soultion may be there...."
Oct 13, 2015 8:03 am
Mandoric racks his brains for any advice he could offer to Nyom. In Lhauric people do not pay much attention to childhood, as too many children are taken to feed the Challifani, but on his journeys the merchant has met many people and heard the most unusual stories about their lives.

Ouch. Get ready for some really bad advice, Nyom!
Last edited October 13, 2015 8:04 am

Rolls

Armchair psychology - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Oct 13, 2015 10:03 pm
"Yes, Zinobia, let's get out of this place. I don't think it's doing me a bit of good to remain. Perhaps a change of scenery will help me with this puzzle."
Oct 14, 2015 5:01 am
"All right then…"

Ronna does not seem convinced, her arms crossed across her chest, but she follows others as they prepare to leave. She steps after Nyom, keeping a close eye on how she's doing.
Oct 14, 2015 5:12 am
Zinobia waited till all others will fill the lift cabin, and then entered it himself.
He nodded: "Ok, command this thingy to go up, it's a time"

He waited abit for Nyom to issue command, and then lift raised up, revealing daylight again.

He exit the bunker and pointed towards rocks and hills on horison - "There!" - and he rushed forward to that direction.

New Turn
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.