Octagon - Another Purpose - Game Thread.

load previous
Oct 14, 2015 6:22 am
As she has a habit of doing, Ronna picks up the rear as the group moves after Zinobia. She is unusually subdued, walking deep in her thoughts.
Oct 14, 2015 9:59 pm
"I really hope being out of that place helps..."

Nyom does her best to keep up the pace.
Oct 15, 2015 7:59 am
Mandoric runs as best he can in the direction indicated by Zinobia...
Oct 15, 2015 8:23 am
Party moved towards the hills, following Zinobia
BlackStork sent a note to szemely
Suddenly Nyom screamed and felt on the ground, shaking and holding her head, screaming. After few moments she calmed down, then opened her eyes. She looked sick and absent-minded.
Oct 15, 2015 8:24 am
Zinobia heard the scream and rushed towards Nyom, approaching her carefully.

He raised his hand to signal to the party to slow down and approached Nyom closer. She whispered calmsly and quite loudly:
"Nyom. I am Zinobia. We are friends. Did you saw something? We will help. Can we help somehow?"

New Turn

Rolls

Numenera-related roll (spec) - (1d20+6)

(19) + 6 = 25

Oct 18, 2015 5:23 am
Last post was turn switch pls make your moves :)
Oct 18, 2015 6:53 am
"Nyom!" Ronna rushes to Nyom's side and kneels beside her to try and understand what is happening to her. To see if she could help somehow.

Rolls

Numenera (skilled) - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Oct 18, 2015 2:35 pm
"I need a little time... I think I know what I need to do..."

Nyom will take 10 minutes to make a recovery roll.

1XP to reroll might.
Last edited October 18, 2015 2:36 pm

Rolls

Recovery Roll - (1d6+1)

(5) + 1 = 6

Might Check [w/ effort & edge] - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Might Check [as above] - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Oct 19, 2015 1:09 pm
Zinobia raises his hand and says calmly:
"Ok then. Sure..." - he nods to everyone to sit down and wait - "Friends, lets stop and wait for Nyom. She will be allright. Seems that what she had inside herself lost it's power when we left, and now she can fight it."

Lucas stops, then goes and with his regular leader-like posture stares towards hills the party was heading for.

10 minutes of gametime rest required to Nyom. All except Nyom are free to act once before she deicides to move forward. Nyom post will mean 10 mins passed and new transition sequence starts.
Oct 20, 2015 12:07 am
Although Mandoric did not have any implants, his head is still reeling from all the adventures of the past few days. Taking the opportunity, he tries to focus his mind.

Rolls

10 minute recovery (Intellect) - (1d6+1)

(1) + 1 = 2

Oct 20, 2015 5:02 am
Ronna sits down next to Nyom. She throws an angry look at Zinobia and then closes her eyes, using the moment to rest and do a short meditative practice.

Rolls

Recovery - (1d6+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Oct 20, 2015 5:41 pm
10 minutes passed and Zinobia watches intensely Nyom and asks :
"Dear, are you ok now?"

Oct 20, 2015 9:53 pm
After a brief rest Nyom gingerly works her way to her feet. Stretching her hands up into the air and leaning to her left and then to her right she lets out a long sigh. "Thanks for your patience everyone. I think everything is back to normal!" she says, smiling to the others.

She'll offer Ronna her hand when she's ready to get back to her feet. "Thanks for you support."
Oct 22, 2015 8:57 am
Ronna smiles weakly and pats Nyom on the shoulder. Then she looks around and towards the direction they were heading to.

"Now what?" she asks. "We continue?"
Oct 22, 2015 9:50 am
Zinobia smiles calmly and answers : "Yes, i think we sould go. Everything seems be ok so far... except the glaive we lost...." - he glances backwards, towards bunker.
"Let's move - we have far-going plans, hidden numeneras are still there, and my son to be found..." - and he rushed towards the hills..

Walking transition time.... Area seems to be safe so far.
You can post your action during walking sequence. Next my post will be next encounter (will do it in few hours after this one)
Oct 23, 2015 10:28 pm
Soundtrack ---- click for music

They moved forward, following agitated, grim shape of hooded nomad man. Through valley, towards the hills. Only the last one was throwing glances backwards, may be to ensure that no-one follows them, or perhaps, because he forgot, or thought that he forgot something.
As the hooded man increased his speed so did all the party - powerful, gracious woman with long spear, person who looked like merchant, guarded by big Seskii creature, very young lady, of very fragile and slim stature, and the man who, unlike others in his party was throwing looks and observing his surroundings.

As they reached the hills, their pace slowed, but they didn't stopped. Keeping silence, they moved forward, following the hooded person, who corrected party's dirrection after he pulled octagon-shaped compass-like numenera from the piece of cloth he held in his right hand.

Hills with grass turned into hills with rocks, mixed vegtation and sparse lone trees as they advanced.
Oct 23, 2015 10:30 pm
"I killed them somewhere here. In this area. Can't remember exact place of our camp now. But we are very close to the cave." - said Zinobia, and then rushed upwards, towards rocky hill top with even more determination than before.
Oct 23, 2015 10:41 pm
The Party moved, following Zinobia, climbing and ascending towards hill top. The surface was quite lean, and each party member was able to simply walk upwards most of the time. When they reached the hill top, Zinobia again pulled his compass out, and checked it. Then he started to scan surroundings with his questioning gaze - rocky hills covered with sparse trees - he was looking for something. He moved 20 metres dowanwards, to the east, and then he nodded : "I think i found it, follow me"

Almost running, he rushed downwards, and then, evading smaller rocks around him, he moved to nearby hill, without even looking back in order to ensure that the party follows him.

Suddenly he stopped, and then nodded :

"It is here, come, look! ... there...."

As party reached him, and followed his pointing palm with their sight everyone noticed quite big rock on the nearby hill, and just behind it, covered with trees and high vegetation there was black, intimidating entrance to the cave.

New turn
Oct 24, 2015 12:34 am
Mandoric is excited to reach this place, and happy that Zinobia's compass seems to have led them somewhere.

However his calculating merchant mind thinks If this place leads to treasures, we are surely not the only ones looking. He scans the hillside, looking for any signs of ambush or competitors for this prize.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Oct 25, 2015 7:30 pm
Zinobia turns to Nyom and says: "Following lesson of my last time visit to this place, i think it's better if we go inside together. If we will "go" or "fall" somewhere we will do that united, and united we will have better chances to find stuff, control things and probably, get to my son. We have few people which have quite some Numenera knowledge" - and he nodded to Ronna and Mandoric - "so i think we will be fine and better together. Plus this place is quite safe" - and he made waving gesture with his hand, pointing on rocky hilly surroundings of the cave's entrance - "So, if we have something...... It will be inside"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.