Octagon - Another Purpose - Game Thread.

load previous
Nov 3, 2015 7:39 am
Exhausted as he is, and with no sign of being able to rest soon, Mandoric pulls a perfectly spherical chrome ball from his robes and quickly swallows it. As his brain begins to tingle with enhanced abilities, the merchant addresses his guide on this mission, "Zinobia, stop! The thing which is guiding you is malevolent - I contacted its mind and it means us harm. You will not find your son by following it, but only your demise. Come back to us!"

Using the brain bug to mean I can apply Intellect effort for free for next hour.

Rolls

Trying to talk Zinobia out of it (+3 pleasant social interaction, +3 mind altering +3 effort) - (1d20+9)

(5) + 9 = 14

Nov 3, 2015 10:44 am
Ronna stands alone, away from the others, looking slightly lost. She looks around at all the different exits, but has no reason to prefer one over another.

Mandoric's announcement makes her startle and look at Zinobia alarmed. She shifts closer to him, ready to act in support of Mandoric, if necessary.
Nov 3, 2015 10:47 pm
Nyom, noticing the interaction between OOLIN and T'Jekyll, will approach the two new comers. "Are the both of you all right? It appears that something odd is happening."
Nov 3, 2015 11:25 pm
Things were unfolding quickly.

Something tricky was going on with Zinobia. It was apparent that he was about to break through the "brown" passage as "the thing" that revealed him something, and probably, partially or fully posessed him was pushing him there.

His eyes darted panickly between threatening posture of Mandoric's Seskii, Mandoric, and staring at him Ronna. He was in utter confusion. He mumbled, moaned "Please.... you promised me! You can not betray me.... We need to go there... He is there... I know my feelings.... " - but then his eyes filled with anger and he thrown threatening gaze towards T'Jekyll, as he felt something threating from T'Jekyll as well.

T'Jekyll also had hard time with all this mess. He stretched his arm, in vain attempt to reach OOLIN, which was on opposite side of the room, far from him, and was pushed towards opposite dirrection.
She was also... under this "thing" influence... also struggling...

BlackStork sent a note to spaceseeker19,spaceseeker19
Critical Failure > T'Jekyll

Suddenly, with loud throat sound, T'Jekyll, turned towards the "purple" passage, and with all speed and power he could gather, rushed, hurled into the fog, passing through soft purple light of the colorful stripe.

Immidiately all other 7 walls turned into black, solid, opaque material, leaving the party in darkness. Only light that came into the room was coming from the foggy landscape outside of the purple gate, and that soft purple glow from the floor.

Then Mandoric Seskii, followed him in a glimpse of second, dissolving in the fog .

OOLIN made sad, moaning sound. She felt broken.
OOLIN senses were returning to her, but she was left with feeling of emptiness, sadness. Something was unresolved.
OOLIN recieves temporary perk - pls add to character sheet: (temporary, works as curse, will bring different random implications) Urge of Ratanis - Unresolved.
OOLIN loses 2 int points.

OOLIIN recieves 2 xp as reward for GM intrusion, 1 for herself 1 to give up to other player (as GM i can suggest - my suggestion would be T'Jekyll)

Then, from the outside, from the fog emerged another moaning, of different kind, belonging, obviously to T'Jekyll.

BlackStork sent a note to spaceseeker19,spaceseeker19
Zinobia, spitting, and hissing rushed to chase both T'Jekyll and Mandoric Seskii.

He shouted: "Damn you! You ruining everything! My son! Ah, you, stinky Baligna poo! ... Can not be... You!..... - He almost cried, hysterically.... Damn you, why?!!!!!...... - he stopped right above the purple floor block, made step outside and felt on his knees, silently cursing.

He got some unresolved thing as well

Attitude change - pls update in your CC:
Zinobia >> T'Jekyll - Major Decrease (---), to: Annoyed.
Zinobia >> Mandoric - Sagnificant Decrease (--), to: Cautious.
Zinobia >> Ronna - Minor Decrease (-), to: Neutral.
Zinobia >> OOLIN - Minor Decrease (-), to: Neutral.

M1T1 round requires everyone's action
Nov 4, 2015 5:37 am
Ronna makes no move to follow T'Jekyll. She stands a few yards away from Zinobia, watching him carefully. Her fingers move slowly, as if she is pondering about doing something.

"Mandoric, how did you know it was malevolent?"
Nov 4, 2015 6:20 am
To Ronna: "I tried to reach out to it in friendship, but it is not remotely human, it only wants to control, to possess and consume."

To Zinobia: "By the Challifani, I will keep my word and help you find your son. But that does not mean giving you into the hands of that...thing." He spits out the last word.

To everyone: "For better or for worse, OOLIN has decided for us, and I cannot leave my seskii. Let us stay together, if only for survival." Witg that the merchant gathers up the hem of his fine robe and rushes towards the purple door after his once-loyal hound.
Nov 4, 2015 12:20 pm
The moment T'Jekyll disappeared through the purple path OOLIN chases after him.

OOLIN is trained at running (today's Flex Skill).

Rolls

Intellect roll [No effort, 1 Edge] - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Nov 4, 2015 3:35 pm
T'Jekyll shakes his head and rises from his knees to look around him.
*Was this where I've been called to go all along? I was so sure that I wanted to go with OOLIN...*

A vast sense of relief washes over him as OOLIN runs up and joins him. The part of him that had remained him had been terrified of losing her. In his relief, he holds her for a moment, then looks into her fathomless eyes. "I'm sorry...I wanted to go with you so much, but something took control of me and led me here...I was afraid I'd left you...!" This is way more emotional than T'Jekyll can remember being, ever, and he grows embarrassed by it.

Rolls

Intelligence roll - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Nov 4, 2015 8:20 pm
Please OOLIN and T'Jekyll, please add Intelligence rolls to your actions (edit your posts). I will modify them myself.

Nyom's turn left to advance, if you can do the action that would be awesome, but no hurries if you need more time - take it, we ok with speed. Simply if you can post right now/today i can release new advance now before i go to sleep :)
Nov 5, 2015 12:00 am
Nyom looks over to Ronna in disbelief as three members of the party run into the purple path. "What are they doing?"

Having had enough weird things happen to her recently Nyom won't make a move until she can talk to Ronna about what the hell is going on.

Sorry for the delay, got home a little later than usual from work.
Nov 5, 2015 4:40 am
Mandoric went out and saw T'Jekyll not far from the exit, standing and smiling.

His Seskii was happy and standing between T'Jekyll legs, watching him coming out.

As T'Jekyll grabbed and hugged OOLIN, Mandoric Seskii hapilly runs towards Mandoric. It was his Seskii again. It was happy, and was very glad to see him.
BlackStork sent a note to Jabes.plays.RPG,spaceseeker19
BlackStork sent a note to spaceseeker19
Zinobia raised his head towards T'Jekyll, and then, perhaps feeling attention from Ronna raised up and turned his head towards her, and said :

Those two... why they came... Why... Ruined..... I am almost sure my son is there. Yeah..... That wave... it made me ... weird... I understand. But... as it looked for... puprose.... my only puprose is him. And it felt that. I am sure he is on brown. - he spitted down, shrugged, and made sad grimace. - I should get there somehow. With you, or without.

Then he turned back, towards the entrance, and gone out, past T'Jekyll and OOLIN, deeper into the fog. Probably, he returned to himself, and now he was just old, normal Zinobia. Old lone wolf. Just more sad, than before.

BlackStork sent a note to Gargoyle
Only Nyom and Ronna left in the dark room, T'Jekyll and OOLIN, Mandoric and his Seskii, and Zinobia are outside.

M1T1 Everyones turn required to advance
Nov 5, 2015 5:42 am
Ronna, who always seems to linger behind everyone, is even slower to follow others than usually. She looks at Nyom, looking absent-minded and thoughtful:

"I don't know, Nyom", she says. "I am not sure if all of them know either. I think this place influences people somehow. And I can sense something--" she stops, looks for the right words for several seconds "--changing, I guess. I can't explain it, but this place is-- doing something."

She looks around and shakes her head. "But do we have any other choice than to follow them? It's the only way out, and there is nothing here. We have to be very careful, though."
Nov 5, 2015 10:02 am
Mandoric is delighted to see his seskii back to her normal self, but does not give full vent to his joy, only holding out one hand for the beast to playfully nip at while he addresses the nomad, "That may be, Zinobia, but the thing that was controlling you was ... horrible. If your son is in the brown octant, we will get to him there together, but I feel that all our plans will fail if we split up. For now we are here, together at least. Assuming of course that Nyom and Ronna are coming..." Mandoric glances back to the door, but then focusses his attention on the fog, and commands the seskii to 'watch out'.

I forgot to add the free effort from the brain bug to my perception roll, but can we assume I'll be doing that for the next hour for any Intellect rolls?
Last edited November 5, 2015 10:05 am

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Seskii perception? - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Patch things up with Zinobia +pleasant social interaction +free effort - (1d20+6)

(15) + 6 = 21

Nov 5, 2015 10:40 pm
"You're right, Ronna, we really have no other option, do we?" Letting out a deep sigh and mumbling under her breath about how she wished she had remained in Druissi she motions towards the door.

"Shall we, then?"

Nyom will walk slowly through the purple path, staying close to Ronna.
Nov 6, 2015 4:39 pm
Waiting for OOLIN and T'Jekyll actions. We are past 1.5 days from last turn update, generally guys, lets try to be within the frame of maximum 1.5 days for 1 turn (as stated in game details 5 posts per week). Please track turns, because majority of turns require everyones post to advance.
thanks and cheers :)
Nov 6, 2015 6:28 pm
Once everyone is together again, T'Jekyll leads the way down the path.
Nov 6, 2015 6:35 pm
OOLIN sticks to T'Jekyll. She studies the path they are travelling, and looks up if she can see how they got down here.

OOLIN is trying to sense and study any and all numenera in the area.
Nov 6, 2015 9:26 pm
Party moved forward, and Mandoric's perception did not notice any immidiate danger in the landscape in front of them.
The "landing room" building was situated on a small hill, and there was swampy natural landscape in front of the exit, encased in two huge walls. They were looking really huge, gargauntuan. The fog was so thick that even the party could not see their top edges. They were far above.

In the middle of the landscape, running between small ponds and swamps, was thin gray trail made of light gray even material. It was very clean in contrast to the swampy surroundings.

Party moved by this trail, going deeper into the fog. As they advanced more and more of the landscape was revealed to them, as they saw something on the edge of the visible area - silhouettes, which after a few steps further were revealed by the fog as group of people standing on traingle-shaped platform.

The people on the platform could be visually differed to two groups -

First ones were more than ten, they looked like soldiers and they were armed and wore white armors. All their equipment had unnatural white color.
Few of them instead of weapons had two triangle like shields in shape of 45-angled sharp triangle. Those were attached to their hands, and, probably served at same time as shields and as sharp-edge lance-knifes.
One of normally armed men stood right in the middle, he worn traingle-shaped heardress attached to back side of his head and probably was their leader. All those white-clad people stood without motion, except the leader, who waved slowly with his hands in the air, signaling to the party they were waiting for them and there is nothing to fear. He bowed slowly.

Other group consisted of small two girls, probably of age ten years old or so, few middle aged women, and one very old women which stood near to the leader of the "whites". Children and elder woman were in front of the wall of "White" soldiers, while rest of women were standing behind.
They watched with calm anticipation party's approach.
All those women and girls were wearing very simple gray hoods, and nothing more. They were standing with bare feet, holding their hands together in front of them.

Zinobia stopped, surprised and unsure if he should approach more, and party stopped after him.

The leader of the group and old women made few steps towards the party, and the man started to speak, his voice was calm, polite but cold:

We congratulate You on your resetlement, and we wish You will find and fulfill your puprose here, as Daar's design.

This language.... it was not Truth. But, stranglely, as most things which happened with our party members, eveyone understood what he said. Everyone knew this language, and it was unclear what triggered such.... sudden knowlege.
The language was similar to Truth, but it was not The Truth either.

You have nothing to fear.
Whatever reasons brought You to resetlement, or whatever You will do or where You will go, and where You will resettle - it's all about your choice, as said in Daar's Testament. For now, our mission here is to allow your passage and provide to You your Settler tokens, introduce you to the destination of Resettlement and to give You guidance, if needed.

We, mere followers and enforcers of Daar Testament, and of Daar Se's Dogma in particular, here to see that you will find your way - for now.

He looked inquisitively into everyones eyes, turned towards old woman, and nodded to her. She made few steps closer, and scanned everyone with her intense, even more inquisitive gaze.

He continued:
Before we proceed with our welcoming ritual, could you please, each one of you, state in few words who are you and what brought you to your resettlement - your will, your puprose's will or the guidance you recieved?
One two sentences, if you please, and then single reason for resettlement.

Meeting party leader waits for answer gazing inquisitively into eveyone's eyes.
Everyone's turn required to advance.
Turn allow up to 2 posts per player
Nov 6, 2015 9:34 pm
Ronna looks first at Zinobia, then at Nyom, her expression alarmed.

"Resettlement? What do they mean?" she speaks in a low, urgent tone, quiet enough that her words should not reach the meeting part. "I am not planning to settle anywhere. And who in the name of Truth is Daar?"
Nov 7, 2015 4:27 pm
Mandoric bows to the welcoming party, trying to mimic the courtesy exactly. Whilst bowing, he says in a sidelong whisper, "Zinobia, does your compass provide any information to decode what these people are saying? Does it show any new information now?"

I would like to use both my turns, probably using the second to address the guard, but want to see what we can figure out as a party first.
Last edited November 7, 2015 4:28 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.