OOC Megathread

load previous
Aug 1, 2016 1:03 am
I'll be there Friday! :D
Aug 1, 2016 2:02 am
At GenCon? Cool!
Aug 1, 2016 2:12 am
Yup. Haven't been able to go for a few years so my brother bought my ticket this year. So excited!
Aug 1, 2016 2:15 am
That's awesome. I might make it to the Friday meet n greet if Keleth organizes it (although I may have a publisher meeting, but I may try to pop in for a hello).
Aug 1, 2016 2:16 am
So far I have nothing planned. Had to switch my day to attend from Saturday (and drop out of a game) because of a wedding.
Aug 1, 2016 2:52 am
Lucky peeps. Have fun!
Aug 1, 2016 3:01 am
I've been 3 or 4 times and I live about an hour north of Indianapolis. Getting time off work and money together is what's kept me. I'm amazed at how many people from across the country come here for GenCon. Also, I've yet to ever play a con game. One of those things I've never been able to get scheduled. I'm usually too in awe of everything going on. That, and I have spent way too much money in the Exhibit Hall before.
Aug 1, 2016 8:43 pm
Have fun at GenCon all of you. I'll be leaving on Saturday night to take my five year old to Disney World! Having never been myself, it should make for an interesting experience.
Aug 10, 2016 2:57 am
Each of you may take a turn, if you talk make a stealth check.
Aug 12, 2016 3:28 pm
I added my crit roll to my first post.
Aug 12, 2016 3:30 pm
Ridiculous roll!
Aug 12, 2016 3:36 pm
It was pretty epic.
Sep 8, 2016 8:31 pm
I have a question about flurry of blows, Can I attack with my spear 2 handed for the 1d8 damage and use flurry of blows for the 2 extra attacks? Also would those attacks be made with advantage and what modifier to attack?
Sep 9, 2016 4:16 pm
The way I understand it, once you attack with your spear (one-handed or two-handed, doesn't matter), you spend your ki point and make 2 unarmed attacks as a bonus action. So yes, to your first question. Flavor-wise, maybe you use your tail and a kick. Heck, head-butt 'im!

Monk martial arts lets you use Dexterity or Strength for your attack and damage rolls, so pick whichever modifier is higher. As for advantage, Kaiakas's vow was said to grant one for 1 minute...

... but I think we're reading the Vow of Enmity wrong. I think only Kaiakas gets advantage.
Sep 9, 2016 4:29 pm
CancerMan says:

... but I think we're reading the Vow of Enmity wrong. I think only Kaiakas gets advantage.
Call it divine luck then, I'll let you all keep that advantage for the full minute (or until it dies, which is probably going to happen first).

Also, I believe CancerMan is right about Flurry.
Sep 11, 2016 10:21 pm
ok thanks guys, wasnt sure. Ill post my action.
Sep 27, 2016 6:36 pm
Candi, would you be opposed to respec'ing Pawetha with the revised Ranger rules? From what I can tell, changes would be choosing "humanoid" for Favored Enemy, Natural Explorer, and Primeval Awareness. I'd still be under the Hunter Conclave.
Sep 27, 2016 6:48 pm
Absolutely! I just saw that recently, haven't looked closely at it but I'm certain it's a good change (Rangers are rather lacklustre).
Sep 27, 2016 8:35 pm
You would think with the years that went into development and play testing of 5e they ranger issue would have surfaced before printing the $50 handbook!
Oct 25, 2016 3:10 pm
Technically waiting on me, trying to get to this tonight - been busy (sorry folks!)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.