Chapter Six: The Muster of Caltlikrath

load previous
Dec 21, 2017 4:47 pm
OOC:
Zangua will open when everyone's ready!
Dec 21, 2017 5:13 pm
Felor holds his shield up and readies his spear.

Ready an attack - if something behind the door looks dangerous I will strike.
Dec 21, 2017 5:27 pm
Zangua flings the door open.

Some broken webbing wafts in the airflow from the swung door, but there's no threat behind it, and nothing seems to happen. The doorway leads to a rounded tunnel that descends to the southwest.
Dec 22, 2017 12:45 pm
"Fjorgyn, light our way!" A bright glow springs from the tip of Felor's spear, and he takes a cautious step into the tunnel.

Cast Light.
Dec 22, 2017 5:01 pm
The tunnel curves downward about 30' before opening up into another large subterranean chamber.
Dec 22, 2017 5:08 pm
Zangua slinks forward, glaive held out as if to ward away an unseen foe.
Dec 26, 2017 5:26 pm
The next chamber is about 40' x 40' round, with an open tunnel leading to the south. A length of old dead tree root bulges out along the western wall for a length of about six feet. Several nails have been driven into the root, and dead animals in various states of decomposition hang from some of them. There's a pair of brown rabbits that look plump and clean, a scrawny fox with patches of fur missing, a nearly skeletal stoat, and a badger that has probably been dead for two to three days.

A single three-legged stool sits in the middle of this space, next to a tin chamber pot. There are strange bluish-gray splotches on the ground, most of them near the stool.
Dec 26, 2017 6:10 pm
"So why's a spider need a chair?" Zangua asks. "Seems domestic."
Dec 29, 2017 11:18 am
Felor frowns and thinks for a moment. "Well, we met the king who was a man, and also a badger. Who knows what we'll meet next."

Check for tracks.

Rolls

Survivial - (1d20+6)

(19) + 6 = 25

Dec 29, 2017 4:18 pm
"I forgot about that guy," Zangua mutters.
Dec 29, 2017 5:05 pm
Felor finds many strange prints in the soft earth of this cavern: bare human footprints as well as elongated tracks that appear to have two clawed toes.
Jan 2, 2018 8:58 am
"Hmm. There was a person here," says Felor, poking at the tracks with the end of his spear. "And something with clawed toes."
Jan 2, 2018 4:35 pm
Domarc has a closer look at - but doesn't touch - the bluish-gray splotches on the floor.
OOC:
Sorry for the absence guys - I was checking in, but the forum page wasn't showing me that there had been new posts. Probably something weird with cookies. I ate a lot of them over the holidays.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

Jan 2, 2018 5:19 pm
"What if it was the same person?" Zangua asks, given the memory of the Badger King.
Jan 2, 2018 5:21 pm
The splotches look waxy to Domarc.
Jan 2, 2018 6:51 pm
"If the beast can shapeshift, it might explain some things," Domarc says. "But it may also be some form of beneficial relationship between a human and the beast. In either case, beast might be the wrong word - it may be quite intelligent, able to communicate."
Jan 3, 2018 7:59 pm
Mordred blinks, as if waking from a daydream, and laughs slightly.

"A mutually beneficial relationship between a human and a quite intelligent subterranean beast describes my friendship with Zora quite well, Domarc."

Mordred examines the room to see if his underground experience reveals any clues.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Jan 3, 2018 9:19 pm
Mordred examines the room. His findings are as follows:

The chamber pot is empty, but still holds the smells and residue of recently-produced human waste.

The splotches on the ground look to be ordinary candle wax.
Jan 3, 2018 10:01 pm
Quote:
"A mutually beneficial relationship between a human and a quite intelligent subterranean beast describes my friendship with Zora quite well, Domarc."
"I feel that calling Zora a subterranean beast is overly harsh," Domarc observes.
Jan 4, 2018 11:31 am
"Shall we continue?" asks Felor, indicating the tunnel leading south.
load next

Thread locked