Chapter Six: The Muster of Caltlikrath

load previous
Jan 4, 2018 4:48 pm
Zangua grunts. "Let's get this over with."
Jan 4, 2018 4:55 pm
"May as well, the chamber pot seems to have no secrets to give," Domarc says.
Jan 4, 2018 4:57 pm
The tunnel snakes and curves downward, bending to the east and then sharply back down to the west.

As the party begins to round the westward bend, you see a pale, flickering light ahead.
Jan 5, 2018 7:38 am
Zangua slows his descent, readying his glaive.
Jan 5, 2018 4:21 pm
OOC:
What have we been doing for light to this point? Have we needed it? It's probably back a page or two and I'm just being lazy.

Also, is marching order a thing we need to set? Sorry for all the questions, I'm not trying to backseat DM here but some habits die hard.
Domarc pauses and listens. Is the light moving away from us/towards us?

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(15) + 3 = 18

Jan 5, 2018 5:07 pm
Felor has been lighting up his spear with Fjorgynpower for pretty much every dungeon you've gone into; it's assumed at this point.

These tunnels are fairly wide, so unless you guys specify otherwise, you're moving in a cluster with Zangua more or less in the lead.

The light does not, for the moment, appear to be moving.
Jan 5, 2018 8:08 pm
"What's the play here?" Domarc whispers to the group. "Rush 'em and get all stabby? Or maybe go a little slower and see what's what before getting stabby?"
Jan 5, 2018 8:18 pm
"Surprise is always best if it's on the other side," says Zangua. "I'd like to say we get in there first, see what's what, and make the decision to strike before they can react. But, I can't shake this feeling like they already know we're here, and they're just setting up an ambush.

"I figure we might have to be a bit more cautious on this one."
Jan 5, 2018 8:32 pm
The light flickers and retreats as the party quietly confers.
Jan 8, 2018 5:08 pm
The light of Fjorgyn's Power and Magnificence illuminates the way for the worthy!

"Zangua's right - it likely knows we're here already. We should be on guard for attack from any angle."
Jan 8, 2018 10:05 pm
"The barmaid suggested that it might have people in thrall to it," Domarc whispers. "If we feel our presence is known, I can weave a song to help protect us against charms and the like."
Jan 8, 2018 10:22 pm
Zangua asks, "How's that work? You play badly enough that we go deaf?"
Jan 8, 2018 10:29 pm
Domarc smiles broadly. "It might make you wish you were."
Jan 9, 2018 7:31 pm
The party is standing in the middle of the tunnel. The light has withdrawn and is no longer visible.
Jan 9, 2018 7:41 pm
Zangua huffs. "Come on," he says, and proceeds down the tunnel.
Jan 9, 2018 7:49 pm
Zangua leads the party around the bend in the tunnel and into another roughly 40'x40' chamber. Two more tunnels fork off from this chamber, heading to the northwest and southwest.

There are several large clay pots and basins in the southeast part of this chamber.

A young human woman is standing in a half-crouch next to the northwest tunnel exit. She is unclothed, her black hair matted and filthy, with open sores and a sarcoptic rash all over her body. She holds a thick wax candle in one hand, her other hand clamped over its top. Her eyes narrow as the party enters the chamber, casting light upon her from Felor's spear, but she does not move.
Jan 9, 2018 8:02 pm
Zangua sets himself, glaive held ready to accept a charge. He holds his ground, readying to meet any attack.
Jan 9, 2018 8:16 pm
"Ho there," Domarc says softly, stepping forward but getting no closer than 25 feet. "My name is Domarc. How came you to be here?"

He also fishes out some rations from his pack, and offers them.
Jan 9, 2018 8:56 pm
Leth raises an eyebrow at the sight of the woman, but doesn't make any aggresive moves just yet, waiting to see how she reacts to Domarc.

"Well, thats... weird." He mumbles.
Jan 9, 2018 8:59 pm
For a long moment, Domarc thinks the woman is not going to answer or acknowledge him in any way, but eventually she says, in a soft voice: "Were you...were you invited?"
load next

Thread locked