Chapter Six: The Muster of Caltlikrath

load previous
May 29, 2018 7:51 pm
Domarc takes the gift, Lendras unlocks and opens the palace doors for him to exit. He steps outside to find the crowd milling around the north end of the Trigon somewhat larger than it was when he went inside; he wonders if he missed some sort of spectacle. His spells fading, he looks around for Mordred.

Domarc and Mordred, you can reconnect and leave the city together now, if you're ready.

~meanwhile~

Zangua pays the innkeeper and heads to the door with his companions while the harpist plays the discordant notes of Lacerian's Dirge.

The three party members are only a few yards out of the inn when Zangua has that familiar feeling of being watched. A quick glance over his shoulder reveals the man in the blue cap and the topknotted warrior standing in the doorway.

"Do you still dream of ice, brother?" the man in the blue cap calls out.
May 29, 2018 8:10 pm
Domarc ducks back down the alley he used the last time to refresh their spells, and hopes that Mordred will join him
May 29, 2018 10:01 pm
"Me dad may have gone to town more 'n once," Zangua replies, "but you ain't got his eyes."
May 30, 2018 12:11 am
The two men step out of the doorway and start to follow the party. "My...teacher...wishes to speak with you," the man in the blue cap says. "Peaceably, as equals. Will you have conversation with him?"
May 30, 2018 10:32 am
"What ice do you speak of, friend? I see no snow about us, it is not winter."
May 30, 2018 11:49 am
Yeah, I'm ready to get out of town. Good call to throw them off the trail of the Sphere, nubs.
May 30, 2018 3:28 pm
I'm just glad I got a good roll! I don't want any records where the Cult might find them
May 30, 2018 4:09 pm
"There is ice that has no memory of water," the man in the blue cap says. He nods in Zangua's direction. "This one has tasted of it. My teacher can tell you more, if you will speak with him."

~meanwhile~

Domarc and Mordred meet back up in the alley, their spells expired.
May 30, 2018 4:17 pm
Zangua huffs. "How's about this? You tell me where this teacher of yours is, and we'll figure out a good time to go visit."
May 30, 2018 4:32 pm
"The place where you can speak with him is not far from here. There is no better time than right now. Please, come with us. You are being offered a gift."
May 30, 2018 5:09 pm
Zangua looks back at the others, and returns his attention to the two men. "Me ma tol' me never to take gifts from strangers," he says. "Especially when one has a blue cap and the other is a picky eater."

"Y'all being crypt-tic, like me friend likes to say. That ain't winning you any friend points. If it ain't far, it's easy enough to give us direction."
May 30, 2018 5:32 pm
The man in the blue cap stops and looks pensive. The warrior beside him shifts his weight from foot to foot, nervously scratching at his hip with his right hand.

Finally the man speaks again, his voice quieter, more plaintive than imperious now.

"My name is Rumio va Leq, and I am a servant of the Six-Pronged Crown. It is not my intention to be cryptic, only discreet. There is a campsite less than half a mile to the north of here. That is where the conversation must take place, but you will not find my teacher if I am not present. I promise no harm will come to you. There were better opportunities to spill your blood, if that was what my teacher wished."
May 30, 2018 5:41 pm
Domarc will recast, and the two of us hustle our way back out of the city
May 30, 2018 6:33 pm
The man's statement confirms what Felor was already suspecting, and his grip on his spear tightens. Maybe they don't know who we are, just that Zangua ate some of that ice?
"You're servants of the crown? I thought Hazard did not take to kings. In any case we thank you for your invitation but we should be on our way."
May 30, 2018 6:48 pm
"We are," Rumio says. His voice is quavering. "And you are Felor of the Mountain, who once dwelt in Greenbower as a guest of Edvers Kells, who too was a servant of the Six-Pronged Crown. Please. Accept the invitation."

He seems to be getting very anxious.
May 30, 2018 6:55 pm
"You know much about us," says Zangua. "You stay there. I'm going to talk with me mates."

Zangua turns to the others. "I say we go. Might be a chance to lop some heads and make life easier. Of course, we ought to wait for the others to come back."
May 30, 2018 7:08 pm
Leth might still be unavailable, so I'm just gonna wait for Felor's response.
May 30, 2018 9:13 pm
Felor thinks for a moment. "Aye. They" Felor tips his head towards the two men "know where we are, so it's too late to escape - no doubt they could track us somehow."
May 30, 2018 9:30 pm
"Follow me, please," Rumio says, taking a few tentative steps northward while his warrior companion stands fixed in place, staring blankly and fidgeting. "It's not far, but we should make haste."
May 30, 2018 9:52 pm
Domarc & Mordred left after we were left the ice, but it's not clear if these dudes know that they were with us? Could we secretly leave a message for them and pretend we're not waiting for anyone?
load next

Thread locked