Game Thread

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 27, 2015 12:04 pm
OOC will be in green. Make sure to post as your character and not your account so that checking in on character sheets is an easier task. I did not manually add in the cyphers for the last two payers. Make youre you two both add them in or ill do it when I check them again.

The group finds themselves seated at a round table in one of the guardhouses in Faladon. Seated with them is three others. Two appear to be twins. Theyre both pretty tall with short blond hair and red colored eyes. They seem to be relatively reserved as they have been silent for a long time. The other person is leaning back in her chair. She has shrot brown hair and is a bit more heavy-set than usual. She twiddles her fingers and once in awhile a flame pops from them. She looks rather disinterested with whats happening at the moment. At the head of the table standing up is a man in guards armor. The decals on the armor suggest he is highly ranked.

"Lets go over this one more time to make sure we are on the same page. We've had a string of people going missing in the depths over the course of two weeks and it's starting to worry townsfolk. We sent in a search party a couple of days ago and we've heard nothing back. We are hoping for the best but we have to expect the worst"

He takes a moment to look down solemnly at the table.

"This is where you guys come in. We are handing you guys over to the Faladon Mining Company so that you may be used to help with search and security efforts in the mine. We chose you guys for different reasons but the fact of the matter is that from here on out you will all be working together. Im going to hand you guys over real quick to this gentleman over here and he is going to give you a rundown of whats going on"

He points over to a formally dressed man in what appears to be his mid 30's. His clothing suggests he works in the spire but more as a businessman than someone who should be giving search and rescue instructions.

"Time is of the essence folks so I'll try to make this short and sweet. We've been mining new territory for the past few weeks and we're starting to believe that mining in the new territory is what's causing whatever to happen."

He points to a blue print that was crudely made and set up.

"This is the floor where most of the disappearances have occured. Coincidentally power is shut off to the area. Before we can begin any search effort we need to be able to communicate while you are down there and until the power is restored we will not be able to achieve this. Bellatrix over here ois coming along with you guys to fix whatever is wrong with our power generator down there."

He points at the disinterested lady sitting across the table from you guys. At the increased amount of attention she casually lifts her arm as if to acknowledge the eyes upon her before going back to twiddling her fingers.

"Until power is restored the lighting situation down there wont be very good either besides the glow from the baubles so take things slow and don't get yourselves into trouble you cant get out of. You guys will be going down there after we are done here so is there an questions before we begin?"
May 27, 2015 4:04 pm
"Do we have any idea as to what could be the cause of these disappearances? Sabotage? Particularly aggressive native fauna perhaps? Maybe you've dug up something that wasn't too friendly?"
May 27, 2015 7:20 pm
"Bah! All this stuff Is too shady. I am sure there more details you could share! And, by the way, if you so official, i want to see the official part that deals with what i will have after all this stuff is done. I am not going into suicide, let me feel that i am going on really weighted and well-planned mission. And well-payed too, of course." - added Taachi, and continued -
"Baubles, Shamaubles, New minings. We will see what kind of mess is going there, but.... You supply more - results will be better!"

He stood up, winced and smiled to the formally dressed man and left his intentionally drilling gaze on him for few seconds
Last edited May 27, 2015 7:26 pm
May 27, 2015 8:24 pm
"Im sure this is a lot to take in, but I'm afraid this is all the information that we have on the subject. We've increased patrols around town to make sure nobody that isnt allowed to is sneaking into the mines. Our miners are afraid of going into depths lest they disappear and this town itself will crumble into dust if we cannot continue mining operations"

The well dressed man smiles calmly at Taachi as if he were a friend.

"Of course we will compensate you for your efforts. You are allowed to keep anything you may find in the mines be it the rarest of baubles or even lost numenera they are yours to keep. Mayor Bauxtapau is also willing to pay a hefty amount of shins if you manage to bring back stragglers. The town geologist Johanaves may even pay you if you were to find anything that strikes his intrigue."
May 27, 2015 8:37 pm
With loud "Khmmmm" Taachi sits back on the chair, shrugs and glances on everyone in the room.
"So what we are waiting for then?"- he adds making face expression of person who just already entered the room and saw all the people in it for first time
May 27, 2015 8:45 pm
Looks at his 4 shins before stuffing them back into his pocket.

"How hefty are we talking here?"
May 27, 2015 9:46 pm
"Hes offered 15 shins per person brought back alive. That means hes looking for survivors. Bauxtapau wants to relieve the townsfolk with stories of heroism and bravery rather than haunt them with a tale of death and sorrow. Bauxtapau has also ordered me to give you guys this.

The man passes out a small handbag to each person at the table. Inside of it includes 10 shins and a badge made out of a strange metal. On the front of it has a small insiginia of the Faladon Mining brand.

"Bellatrix here will also be in direct communication with us at all times. We hope to hear of only good news"

The dressed man suddenly has a reddish glow in his pocket. The humming noise is soothing for a second but quickly makes everyone in the room on edge. Even the silent twins begin to look uneasy, altered from their unphased state.

Ah yes that means its a good time for me to get going. We expect you all to be ready for the search effort at sundown"

The man dismisses himself from the room and the Captain turns to face you guys.

"Ok you guys have 8 hours until you need to be back here. Go do what you need to do and I better not have anyone late. Adonis and Selphon here know first hand how punctual I am with my deadlines. You are dismissed"

You are free to explore the town as you wish using the map ive provided in the other thread. If you are ready to proceed just return to the guard station. When everyone is ready we shall proceed
May 27, 2015 9:50 pm
Halál, just starting to doze off, is jolted awake by Taachi's loud reaction. Rubbing his eyes he looks about the room as the others continue questioning the man in the suit.

"Whatever. Any thing is better than sitting around here doing nothing", he thinks to himself as his eyes slowly start closing.
Last edited May 27, 2015 9:51 pm
May 27, 2015 10:00 pm
"Well" - said loudly Taachi - "I take what is mine" - and took one of the handbags, and tossed it right into his pants. Perhaps he had some kind of pocket there.

He stood up, and went out of the room, to breathe some air, and perhaps visit shoppes around or to go into one of the pubs to see some curvy wenches.

Taachi goes outside first, where he will stand abit and watch sky and htink for a moment, and perhaps catch conversation with someone, then he will move to visit the armorsmith, and then into the pubs. Thats the plan, at least.
Last edited May 27, 2015 10:03 pm
May 27, 2015 10:10 pm
"Don't mind if I do" says Yasin as he pockets his bags of shins. He sees Halal asleep and thinks about how easy it would be to take their shins but thinks better of it as he exits to go have some fun in a pub.
May 27, 2015 10:21 pm
Halál wakes just in time to see Yasin looking in his direction and does his best to give him a polite nod. Standing up from the table he grabs the bag directly in front of him and shuffles out the door. Shielding his eyes as he walks about the small village one of the shop signs catches his attention.

"Oliver Newton's Gizmos, eh? I never liked holding on to shins anyway..."

Hal will take a look around the shop and talk to anyone who happens to be working there.
May 27, 2015 10:52 pm
For Situations like this where we are in town and it becomes open world I will separate the scenes with a line of hyphons rather than making a separate post for each so im not chaining together 6 posts. Each scene will be titled witht he appropriate character in red at the beginning

Taachi

You step outside of the guardhouse ( The one in the top left of the map. Yellow dot) and see quite a few people walking around as it is mid day. Theres a standing group of 5 near the entrance of Faladon waiting for safe passage to the neighboring city. There is a pub thats 2 buildings to your right lit up with many glowing blue baubles. It doesn't look too busy at the moment however. There is a nearby patrol as well that consists of 3 guards that are talking to what appears to be a lady in her late 50's thats using very animated gestures towards the guards with her voice slightly rising.

---------------------------------

Yasin

You walk out at the same time as Taachi and immediately notice the same pub two buildings to your right, as well as the panicking lady. As you walk up to the pub you notice a game of chance going on at a table in the far back but other than that theres not too many people here besides your usual lot of day drinkers and a couple of patrons who are laughing at the scene unfolding with the patrol

---------------------------
Halal

Perhaps from being so sleepy you did not really pay much attention to the lady in the street with the patrol. There's always usual rabble like that happening anyway and besides, Newton's Gizmos offers more interest to you at the time being. You reach the shop and looking in you notice the windows are a bit grimey but inside you see blurs of color and noise coming from within the shop. Entering it you do not see a clerk attending the store though you do hear the sound of someone working on something in the back. As this happens you also hear some children laughing in a hushed manner but you do not see them.
May 27, 2015 10:54 pm
Arret grabs his bag and strolls on out

"Might as well wander around looking at the stores, see if I can't find something to spend my paltry shins on."

Arret will follow Halal down to Oliver Newton's Gizmos, mostly windowshopping, maybe doing some trade.
May 28, 2015 1:27 am
Heiro looks at those in attendance during the exchange and says nothing. He picks up the bag of Shins and examines the strange metal badge. "Is this something I've seen before?" He thinks to himself. He empties the Shins into his own money pouch and pockets the bag. He gives the room another long look and stalks out. Without getting too close, he tries to overhear what the old lady is yelling at the local constabulary about. If it's nothing interesting or relevant, he looks for the nearest food stall for a pre-spelunking snack. "Hopefully not all rat meat here..."
May 28, 2015 1:35 am
Yasin takes a look at the lady in public. "that crazy old hag probably doesnt even know what shes doing. No wonder the patrons are laughing at her" and approaches the bartender for some conversation

"This pub is looking dried up, where is everybody? Heck the entertainment right now is some crazy old hag thats rambling in the street. You guys should really do something about that if you want more people in here"
May 28, 2015 1:51 am
As the others take their money and file out, Dominador peers deeply at those left behind. He has always been one to look first and ask questions later. The twins and Bellatrix are especially interesting to him as they are new. The others he would trust with his life but these three are odd.

He looks over to the uninterested Bellatrix and asks "Where should we meet up with you to go down into the mine?

Do you want to denote trained skills in the roll with a +3?

Rolls

Notice any details about well dressed man (trained) - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Notice any details about Bellatrix and Twins (trained) - (1d20)

(14) = 14

May 28, 2015 3:31 am
Arret

You follow after Halal knowing he had went to Oliver Newtons Gizmos. You notice the lady bickering in the street as well but being more keen on catching up to Halal you decide to ignore it. After all it could just be trivial town nonsense. Your about 10-20 seconds behind him but you eventually reach the bright colors shining out of the grimy windows of Oliver Newtons Gizmos. You see Halal at the door looking into the shop. You do not however hear the sound of the childrens laughter nor the work being done in there because of how far back you are and the sounds of the city making it hard for you to hear anything not within immediate distance.

--------------------------------------------------

Heiro

Its hard to tell because you are not close by but you pick out the words stolen and man. The way her mannerism is suggests she may have been robbed. The guards don't seem to be taking it as seriously as they would otherwise as they appear to be loafing around while hearing her out. You can hear the audible laughter coming from the patrons at the twisted barrel which is the name of the pub around here. In the distance you see a mom and pa stand where they are selling dried meat and bread. Its got a coupleof people browsing their goods but not too many buyers.

-------------------------------------
Yasin

The bartender looks visibly annoyed as she starts cleaning the glasses with a bit more gusto. You know, arent you one of the guys they hired to solve that mess in the mines? Its ruining my business. Since the disappearances began no one but the drunkards come anymore and they order so much they forget they dont have the coin to pay me. That or Hallatus over there cons them for all they got. Why dont you come back when youve done your job instead of wasting time around here costing me money"

She motions for him to go out and a couple of bouncers are watching from the distance at Yasin.

--------------------------------------
Dominador

You dont notice too much about the man other than his odd calm demeanor. It might be just how he is though.

You notice that Adonis clenched his fists a little when the Captain mentioned being punctual where as Selphon closed his eyes. Bellatrix remains uninterested but it seemed as though Taachi's outbursts and demeanor made her flame a little larger.

Bellatrix doesn't acknowledge you for a little bit. A pause of atleast 10 seconds occurs before she speaks up.

"The Captain wants us back here in 8 hours. I myself might get some food from this place near the Dragons Breath. It always fills me up proper before little adventures like this"

She gets up and readjusts her belt which causes her stomach to bulge around. She clearly has her fill from whatever place she is mentioning. Her cold uninterested demeanor is lost though as she reminisces about the stand where she eats from. She exits which leaves you in here with Adonis and Selphon

Yes denote all assets and effort in the roll please
May 28, 2015 5:13 am
Taachi ignores that old woman, he have no interest in old women. He goes to visit Armor shoope. He have some shins to spend, after all.

He need to do it quick, because there young women could be waiting for him in one of those pubs. After all, he have some shins to spend.

He cheerfully smiles to himself, and enters Armorsmith shoppe.
Last edited May 28, 2015 5:18 am
May 28, 2015 5:16 am
I look at the twins. I'm not good at all this talking stuff but as I reach out and count the shins into my hand and take the badge, I look over at Adonis.

"What about you two? You work with the guard right? Have you been with this nano long? Is she good in a fight?"

Rolls

Gather information (Social Roll) - (1d20-3)

(18) - 3 = 15

May 28, 2015 5:28 am
Arret enters the shop and uses his Scan Esotery to see whats what with the items for sale and the store itself.

Due to my intellect edge I only spend 1 point from my int stat pool
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.