Game Thread

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
May 28, 2015 7:30 pm
"Darling it sounds like you're trying to vent your anger onto me. You cannot possibly think that those disappearances have lost you your business. I mean look at this place its a dump. A man tries to buy some mead and ends up getting a sour mood from the person thats supposed to be serving him. Talk about awful patronage"

Yasin glances back at the bouncers and winks at them. He knows he can work himself around this if it tends to get ugly. Yasin liked getting on the nerves of people and testing their limits and this bartender is providing him with a lot of fun for the itme being
May 28, 2015 9:47 pm
Hal, hearing the noise from the back of the shop, taps on the counter, trying to get someone's attention.
May 29, 2015 3:10 am
Heiro moves within short range of the woman who may have been robbed, pretending to examine an area on the cavern roof high above.

"Maybe related, maybe not. Maybe worth doing something about, maybe not. Can't hurt." he thinks. "Need to remember to get a few more days rations, too. Is it me that smells like that? That's just awful. I hope it's just the tavern..."
Last edited May 29, 2015 3:27 am
May 29, 2015 4:01 am
Taachi

You enter the armor shop and are immediately greeted at the door by a full set of armor that is set up. The steel is well tempered and features some of the insignia the local guard uses on it. There are various pieces of armor set up around the store in different fashions and weights. Most of them make use of the materials from the mines from what you can tell. A man at the back looks up at you while hammering on a piece of armor. He has short brown hair and a scar across his cheek and is well built probably due to his craft.

"What can I get for the likes of you" he says as he puts down the hammer he was using to work on the armor and starts walking towards you.

----------------------------------

Dominador

You feel an intrusion into your mind which causes you to wince a bit. The noise that it creates is like a soft buzzing in your head before words begin to sound in your head.

"We have worked with the guard for a couple of years. We arent your run of the lot guardsmen however"

a second voice beckons in your head

"Yes we are called in for more sensitive matters within town such as now with the disappearances of the townsfolk in the mines."

Both of them are looking at you with calm eyes almost as if they werent talking to you to begin with.

The first voice begins to beckon again.

"You can trust Bellatrix. The lady might not seem like it but she brings a lot to the group and shes more than capable of fighting thats for sure"

--------------------------------------

Arret and Halal

As Halal begins to tap on the counter the noises in the back stop.

"Hmnngngh!?!?!? What in the world is someone doing here? It better not be you rascals again"

Just then two children rush out from a part of the holding a few things and laughing.

Arret reaches the door at the same time as they make a break for it and begins to use Scan where he is alerted of the prescence of synth metals, strings, gasses, and liquids within the 10 foot cube around him. He is also alerted of Halal and the two children presence. The children attempt to slide by Arret in order to escape the store

If you wish you may make a roll in an attempt to block the kids from leaving Arret or you may freely let them pass

-----------------------------

Yasin

The bartender slams down the mug she was cleaning and stares him dead in the eyes.

"You and your insults are not welcome here any longer. Beldrus! Zarmain! Get this rock fodder out of my pub."

The patrons are all looking at the scene that is unfolding. The guards that were helping the lady have looked over and noticed the aggressive nature of the bartender by now as well

---------------------------------

Heiro

The lady starts to tell about how some man had stolen her shins as she made her way to the bazaar. She is incoherently blabbing about the details of the robber but you hear her mentioning a red stripe along the back of their top and the guards have soon lost their attention with her and begin noticing the scene unfolding at the bar. The lady is tearing up a bit that the guards are not giving her any attention and that her cries for help are being heard in vain.
May 29, 2015 4:59 am
My eyes become slits behind the slits in my mask. I am not comfortable with this intrusion into my mind. I slam my hand onto the table, cracking it just a little, before regaining my composure.

"I apologize. I am not accustomed to my mind being beset with voices. At least, not yours. I am glad to have allies that seem so capable. I do not mean to beleaguer your company. I will meet you here at the guard station later unless you wish to accompany me to the Dragon's Breath."

I stand up from the table, muscles flexing incidentally as I stretch to get the cobwebs out. I make to leave and look to see if they are coming. If not, I continue out the door to head to my employer. They need to know I may not be at work for a few days.
May 29, 2015 5:11 am
Likes of me desire some really good armor that will protect their guts from unwanted intrusions" - answered Taachi with wide smile.
"Wanna something special. Up to Medium. And name your price. And discount, too. I must have some shins for the lasses, you can't deny me to have that."
Last edited May 29, 2015 5:11 am
May 29, 2015 6:14 am
"Halt villains!" Arret shouts as he lunges for their collars

Edit: reposting as my character, I rolled a 9
Last edited May 29, 2015 6:15 am

Rolls

1d20

(9) = 9

May 29, 2015 6:22 pm
Hal, hearing Arret's command to the children, quickly turns around. "Kind of tiny for villains", he thinks to himself as he tries to assist Arret in corralling the little ones.

OOC: Basically if Arret is able to cut them off or slow them down, Hal, will try and help out.
May 30, 2015 12:30 am
Yasin sees that she is beginning to slam things like mugs while talking to him and as she slams down a mug he punches himself in the face stealthily and begins howling in pain. Blood starts to run down his nose

"Help me! This wretched lady is assaulting me for no reason! GUARDS!

Yasin begins to try to feign that it was her mug that hit him instead of his own fist

Rolls

Trickery Roll (Specialized) - (1d20)

(11) = 11

May 30, 2015 1:22 am
I approach the woman, since the guards don't seem interested and will likely be knocking heads elsewhere soon.

"Sshhhh be calm, good woman, be calm... if you tell me what happened maybe I can help while I'm out and about town today. I also have business with the local guard, so perhaps I can mention your trouble. Can you tell me anything more specific about the man," I say, smiling and friendly. "And perhaps your trouble and my current business here intersect," I think.

Rolls

Calm Crazy Person - (1d20)

(10) = 10

May 30, 2015 4:39 am
Dominador

You begin to head towards the Dragons Breath and on your way you notice Heiro talking to a lady and Yasin holding his face covered in blood with guards and the bouncers from the Twisted Barrel rushing over to the scene. You decide that work is more important and you shouldn't be helping a competing pub.

Upon reaching the Dragons Breath you are greated with the usual odor of blood and spirits. The bartender in the back, a bald man with a glass eye in one of his sockets named Gregor calls for you with a smile.

"Aye Gregor it is nice to see you. Tell me, what did those fancy pants guard people want with you. I hope you did not say anything bad about the pub. It would be bad for business" he says in a half nervous chuckle.

---------------------------
Taachi

"We all want our time with the ladies" he says with a crooked smile that shows missing teeth.

"Unfortunately for you, I run an esteemed and established business here in Falador and my work here is revered in the arena. You must forgive me if my prices may seem a bit unfair..

He begins to look you up and down before smiling.

"Yes, I know your type. Ive got some beastskin and baubles that I could work with to make you a nice piece of armor. Im going to have to coin you 15 shins for the job though" he says with his smile still shining at your face.

--------------------------------

Arriet & Halal

Halal looks back and tries to jump and help catch the Youngsters but he is not needed as before they could even step foot out of the store Arriet catches them by the collar of their clothes and picks them up.

They begin pleading to be let go as a quirky man appears from the back of the shop with a weird ball contraption in his hand

"You kids are nothing but trouble. Yes yes lucky these guys got ahold of you before I had to let old ballly loose again yes yes"

"Begone you muts before I zap you into ashes!"

On this command Arriet drops them where they are. The kids then drop the goods they tried to steal and run away as fast as possible.

"Fanatics, Fantasmics, Comics, and Warriors. All their tastes and desires I can provide yes yes. What can Oliver get for you fine people" he says as his hands fidget and his head randomly twitching at various times. The ball is still whgirling in his hand with some static electricity firing out of it from time to time without phasing Oliver.

--------------------------

Yasin

One of the bouncers picks you up and rears up a punch before the guard yells "HAULT"

"What seems to be the problem here?"

"This punk punched himself in the face after I kicked him out of the bar and now hes trying to frame me" yells the bartender, who is completely furious at the moment. Had the guards not been here she would have been the one punching him.

The guard looks at Yasin dead in the eyes

"Is this true, lying is punishable here." he says as he tends to believe the bartender at the moment.

"We saw him do it too, this punks trying to ruin our business" announces one of the bouncers.

"Let the man speak you buffoon"

Everyone stares at you and you begin to have a mixture of sweat and blood pool on your face.

You also take 2 points in damage from the punch.

------------------

Heiro

Most of her talk is gibberish and as you try to calm here down she attempts to make things simpler.

"Big man..... red stripe down back.. He take my shins....... and ran that way. Please help I need those shins" she starts pleading with tears going down her eyes. She points to a district thats about 1000 feet away from you near the cluster of faladon mining company buildings. She begins to walk towards that way as well and motions for you to follow while repeating what she had said.
May 30, 2015 4:51 am
Quote:
"Big man..... red stripe down back.. He take my shins....... and ran that way. Please help I need those shins" she starts pleading with tears going down her eyes. She points to a district thats about 1000 feet away from you near the cluster of faladon mining company buildings. She begins to walk towards that way as well and motions for you to follow while repeating what she had said.
I momentarily stop and consider a moment, looking at the mining company buildings in the distance.

"Hmmmm... oh what the hell," I say with a shrug, and stalk after the woman. "How big could he be?"
Last edited May 30, 2015 6:41 am
May 30, 2015 6:14 am
I nod to greet him. I catch the eye he has left and hold his gaze. In other places, people grow uncomfortable under it but here, in a place of warriors and blood, none shy from my steady scrutiny.

"They have need of warriors to search for those who have gone missing. I came to say I have need of a leave of absence. I know I only started recently but the work here is good. I'm sure you can agree that people missing will be bad for business in the long run. If you need me to work today before I go, I have some time now. If not, I have a few errands to attend to in preparation." I say in my blunt manner.

I give a quick glance around the bar just to take in the afternoon crowd.

I can't tell if my bonuses to perception give me an advantage here or not but for now, I rolled without it.

Rolls

Situational Awareness - (1d20)

(13) = 13

May 30, 2015 7:19 am
Arret dusts his hands of on his cloak before addressing Oliver

Old bally? Also...I assume from the 'again' those children are regular 'customers' of yours?

Arret then gestures to the dropped goods

"I don't suppose you would mind if I helped you clean up here?"
May 30, 2015 1:11 pm
"Tell me what it will be about, and how it will differ from ll the regular stuff i can find, and why i should pay for it so much shins. Tell me, and if i like, we got deal on 14 shins. 1 shin discount, because, you know... ladies. Thats all what i got. I need at least some shin for a drinks. Surely, for poor fella like me, you can make such small discount as token of our good attitude and understanding" - tells Taachi smiling
Last edited May 30, 2015 1:12 pm

Rolls

Diplomacy + Lies (-1 difficulty from skill) - (1d20)

(13) = 13

May 30, 2015 4:14 pm
Halál watches as they would be thieves scurry away. "Nice catch", he says to Arret as he turns to the shopkeep and asks, "What's that you've got there?"
Jun 1, 2015 12:11 am
Yasin has asked to be removed from the group. Ill try to work a fate for his character but for the time being we will focus on your characters interactions

Heiro

The lady begins to lead you on towards the buildings. Faladons mining buildings are a bit less lit from the rest of the town but patrols and still regular around here as well as the rest of the towns flow. As you make your way into this sector the lady begins to stop dead in her tracks and looks right. Almost bumping into her as you were paying more attention to your thoughts than her you notice she is looking at something. As you turn right you notice a man standing in the back looking into something. He dons a maroon stripe across the back of his Jerkin. The way the lady is reacting is making you think its him. Before you are given a chance to investigate she begins yelling again and starts walking down the alley towards the man with the stripe.

-------------------------------------

Dominador

The man looks around in the bar. He also notices the lack of business and while he could use his bouncers service hed lose even more money by working him today.

"Bloody bars going into the ground real soon if that situation isnt solved. Ive lost a couple of fighters to the depths. Paying customers dont want to see their champions go missing like some lost child. Go do what you need to do"

He flicks a finger to motion for you to leave before he starts wiping down the bar area once more.

------------------------

Taachi

" Im the best armorsmith you can find in town. Sure you might find some mere peasant selling some cheap leather jerkin for less than me but my armors meant to last and not get you killed. Deaths bad for business."

Suddenly a light goes off in his head and his eyes grow wide with the thinking of a plot.

I'll tell you what though, I'll get you that armor piece for 12 shins. However when you go into those mines I want you to get me some of those Azure Baubles. My stocks been running short and without any of those miners going down I cant get any. We got a deal?
says Albus as he extends an oily grimey hand out to shake for a deal.

----------------

Arriet & Halal

Oliver begins to look around as if hes trying to find something then sees the ball in his hand.

"OH! You mean ol' bally here? Pal of mines been around since me first few days here. yes yes. He goes zap zap to anyone he doesnt like. Ol bally dont like no thieves like those rotten imps thats for sure yes yes.

Oliver notices the way Arriet was about to pick up the products before screaming.

"NO! NO! Dont you dare touch her like that. Samantha is a very delicate contraption. She will make you go night night if you dont touch her in the right places yes yes."

Oliver begins to cautiously go over and pick up the weird synth cube before putting it on a nearby shelf.

"Come to buy some of my children yes yes??"
Jun 1, 2015 1:24 am
Well, sound goods , as long as the armor you will make for me will be the proof of your statement - of you being the best armoursmith here.
See? Me, young fella knows that I need to protect my ass well in order to be able to return to those curved lasses, and that would be your responsibility as well. I am making investment. As I say often, save your ass first, ask questions later!
Deal. We have it. Please make it really worthy one.
Should I wait here or when I should hop back in order to have it? You'll get your baubles. As I will get free maintenance and upgrade if I find a lot of shinies.
Last edited June 1, 2015 2:14 pm
Jun 1, 2015 3:35 am
Well, it won't do to let her get killed or to be slaying this thug the street. Since she's walking, I'll run past her at the man. If there's anything in the alley I can use as a blunt instrument to incapacitate him if need be, I'll grab it as I go.
Jun 1, 2015 5:04 am
Arret nods slowly

"I was thinking more along the lines of doing a trade instead, maybe selling off a interesting cypher or two in my possession, if you're the sort willing to barter, at any rate, what do you have that you're willing to part with?"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.