Game Thread

load previous
Jun 4, 2015 2:03 am
Halál, while impressed with the theory of what he sees, isn't sure how well any of these devices would actually work. When it appears that the shopkeep has a moment for a question he'll quickly interrupt and ask, "It appears that some of these devices are damaged, what happened to them?"
Last edited June 4, 2015 2:03 am
Jun 4, 2015 3:42 am
Taachi

The residential areas are tall building meant to house a lot of families at once. Think of them as tall apartment buildings. They are usually very densely put near each other in Faladon and built up high so they can maximize residency while minimizing size. The case was closed too

You open the case easy enough with a click. Inside of the case appears to be some papers which look like they pertained to the business the man was working with. Nothing too out of the ordinary, just some finance info and order numbers. There's also a note which you assume to be written by his significant other in there. Lastly in there is a device that appears to be keeping time much like a watch but with a bit more intriciacies to it such as a countdown to the 7th day in Faladon. Each 7th day is like a sabbath day in Faladon which is cultivated by the fights in the arena It's made out of a blend of synth metal and something else from what you can tell. Two shins also drop from the case as you scrounge through it.

--------------------------------------
Arret & Halal

Well name your price yes yes. A baby like this shall not go underpaid. Hmm yes yes 12 shins ought to do it yes?

Oliver quickly turns and hmms a weird impatient tone as he hears halal asking their question.

"My babies are not damaged, more or less tinkered with. Just dont touch my babies the wrong way or call them names and my children do marvelous things. Take Ol' Bally here for example. Zaps em up real quick but if you look at him the wrong way he will zap you just as quick yes yes"

Oliver turns back to Arret now and flicks off his layers of spectacles.

"So 12 shins yes yes?"

-----------------------

Dominador

"meh" says Fay and with another snap the workers scurry away.

"I know your type. They're not good for business thats for sure. So whats a weapon such as yourself doing around town in Faladon? Im sure you havent come for the sunlight havent you?" She is very good at multitasking from what you can tell because as she is making conversation with you she is signing a form brought up by another worker and beginning to work on a pile of swords that need to be sharpened on a whetstone.
Jun 4, 2015 3:51 am
"12 shins is perfectly fine, and calling them names...accidental voice activation perhaps?"

A fine sum of money and I didn't even need to punch myself in the face to get it. :p
Last edited June 4, 2015 3:53 am
Jun 4, 2015 4:43 am
Schauer says:
The apothecary squints at you confusingly.

"You mean an azure bauble? Look around, theyre everywhere"

He points and as you look up you notice hundreds if not thousands of these baubles on the buildings and in lights around the city. The city's blue glow is attributed by them. Those baubles are considerably more bright than the one in your hand and the apothecary mustve noticed that.

"That one right theres a dead one, they only last for so long before they dim out like that. They're all over the place, dead ones. Not worth much I reckon but im a medic not a geologist"

"If you wanted to know more about them Johanaves might be able to help or you can check the hall. They got a couple of writings on them I think"
he says as he finishes tending to your wounds.

One of the guards comes up to you, he seems to be the highest ranking of the present guards.

"You said they took the badge? You realize that gets you clearance into the depths right? I wonder why they want in there so bad given the disappearances. Can you tell me anything more about them?"
As the apothecary finishes his ministrations I stand and address the guard sergeant. "3 of them. The woman was a shapechanger who lured me into the alley in the guise of an old woman who was the victim of a crime. The only one I got a good look at was the one with the piercing eyes. Gave me an odd feeling as he stared at me, might be a nano or possibly another creature in disguise. Myself and a few others are going down to the depths in a few hours to search for your missing miners, so I'll need another clearance badge. Direct me. I'll get another, then I have questions for this geologist."

I pop the azure bauble into my pouch.

After I get some direction on where to get another badge, Heiro will make his way to the geologist, with a brief stop to pick something up at the local food stand. If they have something that can be used as rations, I'll pick up a couple more days worth.
Jun 4, 2015 4:54 am
Taachi swiftly assimilates shins and device, adding them to the collection of his own possessions, takes note and reads it.
With that, he starts to whistle old lovely tune from song about how it's good to be rich, one he learned many years ago and loved so much.
Last edited June 4, 2015 7:15 am
Jun 4, 2015 6:10 pm
Introducing Thom

You stand at the desk of your guard captain Lev'an Marshall. He is going through what appears to be legal paperwork and has a bag near his desk.

"Unbelievable!" He slams his hands on the table.

"We hire this guy for a job and he cant keep himself out of pubs and out of trouble for more than hour. With one of our employees being dropped from this mission mayor Bauxtapau has required me to fill the hole with yet another guard under my command. I know you weren't my first choice Thom but this seems like its perfect for you."

He gives you a confident smile before addressing the paperwork at hand.

"Basically your job is to go down into the depths with the rest of the 2nd search party and find out what's going on down there and why all of our people are going missing in there. You're going to be under the command of Faladon Mining Company for however long they may need you. The first thing it seems theyre askng for is to get the power situation down there repaired so that we can continue on since communications and most shaft systems are down."

He tosses a bag to you, in it is 10 shins and a badge.

"Youre going to need that badge and think of the shins as an advance payment. You'll get a lot more down the road if everything goes smoothly. The rest of the search party should be back here in a couple of hours so in the meantime you are dismissed"

--------------------------------
Heiro

The guard furiously writes down the information you give him. He seems to look at it for a bit and recall something hes seen before by the expression on his face but it seems as though it's a losing battle

"It doesnt match any reports we've gotten so far. Possibly a new criminal group. You said you're going down there in a couple of hours? If you see them we'd like them brought back alive if you're able to."

"As for the badge just go back up north from where you came from. Explain the situation to the captain and he will sort it out. Take it slow though, that was a nasty blow to your head"

You begin to walk away from the buildings and start to head on North hoping you might find a food stand of some sort before heading to the geologist. You cross a stand where an old man is selling bread. He looks up at you with eyes that are sunken in with age and squinty.

"My bread was made just this morning! Here try a piece! he says with a smile as he pulls off a piece of one of his open loaves and hands it to you.

-------------------------------

Taachi

With the mans goods being taken you start to read the note. The note is a bit lovey dovey in its nature but the lady, which you presume to be the wife or significant other is reminding him to pick up some bread on his way home and that she left some shins in the case for him to get some. You sit in the alley whistling to yourself for the duration of this.

From here you may choose to go back and wait until the rest of the party is finished or you may still travel around town
Jun 4, 2015 6:15 pm
"Say, Oliver, while I'm here, you need any help around the shop before me and my friend depart?"
Jun 4, 2015 9:19 pm
"Small gain, but no pain" - said Taachi to himself, rippping all the papers into small small pieces.
"Two shins, some watch thingy. Already something. It's good to know when to stop."

He left case in the valley, and went home, entered his apartment, and pulled watch out and started to examine it.

Rolls

Examination of the Watch thingy - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Jun 4, 2015 11:11 pm
Hal, still not entirely convinced that most of what he is looking it isn't just plain junk, simply smiles and nods at Oliver as Arret offers to help around the shop. "If you need something done quick, we'd be glad to help."
Jun 4, 2015 11:45 pm
"Until very recently I worked at the Dragon's Breath. Of course I hope to continue my employ there once I return but I am heading into the mines actually. I am part of a team looking for the lost party." I watch her steadily to see if she reacts to the news.

Is that a social roll or a perception roll? One I am trained in, the other I have an inabilty in. I'll roll a 20, you decide.

Rolls

Notice - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Jun 5, 2015 12:32 am
Arret & Halal

"Voice activation? no no. Think less science and more of friend. Technology is friend and if you are not friends with technology then technology hurts you very much yes yes"

Oliver makes various hums and oos as he examines the Still Field belt he had purchased from Arret. A machine rolls upfront and takes the belt from Oliver and sends it to the back room to be worked on. It seemed like a trivial piece of equipment but the intelligence of the craft to know to come out and take the device and then put it in the back for tinkering is a bit appalling to you both..

"mmph help?! no no I have no need for help. I must work with my new friend here. Much thanks for the beauty" he says as he smiles to Arret and Halal before retreating into the back room.

------------------------------------
Taachi

As you examine the device you realize that it is purely meant for keeping time. The design on it suggests it depicts the time of day by the color on the watch. Being in between afternoon and evening the clock has a deep bluish color to it. On the bottom is a rotating piece of metal that is currently on "4th day". Periodically there is a loud obnoxious click to it that suggests it may be partially broken though it seems as though that time is still being kept properly on the device.

--------------------------

Dominador

Reading social reactions, emotions, and features will be counted as a social roll. For this case it would be moot either way due to the roll

She doesnt seem to make any sort of special reaction and in your mind is acting 100% normal.

"Its a shame so many people hae been lost down there. I know when its time to call it as you see it and if you ask me them missing folk are sure as dead down there. They havent even been sending any food rations down there on the chance they are surviving. Makes me lucky I have a job like this sometimes"

There is a loud crash into the back and you can hear the sounds of swords falling. Hearing this Fay puts her hand on her face and bellows out "YOU IDIOTS DONT DAMAGE THE BLADES" and she begins storming to the back but before she goes out of sight she mentions to you "Hey by the way I know you're not going down there alone. Tell your friends to stop by if they are looking for the finest selection of weapons Faladon has to offer" before retreating to the back to scold the workers.
Jun 5, 2015 12:54 am
Arret turns to Halal and speaks.

"I think the shopkeep will be indisposed for a while, think we should leave for now, come back later?"
Jun 5, 2015 1:28 am
Schauer says:
"My bread was made just this morning! Here try a piece! he says with a smile as he pulls off a piece of one of his open loaves and hands it to you.
I look the bread over and it looks alright, eat it and smile "Well old friend, I'll give you 3 shins for 2 days worth of bread and dried meat if you have it."
Jun 5, 2015 1:46 am
"I think you're correct, we'd best be off. I wonder if there's a place to grab a cheap meal here?"
Jun 5, 2015 9:06 am
I bring my fingers to my forehead in a half salute as I head out the door. I know that this mission will be dangerous. I want to get a sense of the people that I am trying to find. Maybe get inside their head. I know that they have a vigil for them over at the Memorum.

"Perhaps someone has left some clues to their lives there." I think to myself as I trudge through the town.
Last edited June 5, 2015 9:06 am
Jun 5, 2015 4:25 pm
Thom scribbles his name, catches the bag of shins and looks across at captain Lev'an Marshall, a smile breaking across Thom's usually dour bearded face. He looks at the captain for a few seconds, in that disconcerting way which captain Marshall is now used to - as if the glaive were looking at a point several feet behind your head, looking through you. Thom salutes and grunts appreciatively. Captain Marshall waves him away with the clipboard. Thom carefully stows his pouch in a different part of his backpack from his other shins and then goes out into the street, wincing slightly against the artificial light of the cave.

He heads across the road to the general stores (6), and without saying hello he motions up at the goods he wants, holding up fingers for the amount.

"Rations," (two fingers), "torches" (four fingers)

Are the prices as per the Corebook?

He waits patiently for the goods, and when he gets them examines them closely and silently to check the quality before paying.
Last edited June 5, 2015 4:28 pm
Jun 5, 2015 4:39 pm
Taachi puts the watch into his backpack, it could be useful in the mission he took in order to collect more shins for his aim. H checked his equipment and went to rest, in order to wake up refreshed. He might need alot of stamina in his trip. He may be will hop to general store to take some extra supplies, but that is not mandatory. The group is big, and he is nice fella and knows how to ask stuff if he needs something.
He also thought about curvy ladies. Nah, later. Perhaps the mission group will have some curvy ones.
Last edited June 5, 2015 4:58 pm
Jun 5, 2015 5:02 pm
Making a recovery roll, because, why not?

Rolls

1d6+1

(1) + 1 = 2

Jun 5, 2015 7:35 pm
Arret & Halal you are free to continue dialogue and determine what you are going to do next

Heiro

The old man smiles but holds up 4 fingers to show you his desired price for the goods. The bread has a honey-like taste to it thats actually rather delicious to you as you eat it.

"Four of them friend and the bread is yours" he says as another customer begins to purchase some bread from him. From the speed of the transaction and the smiles it looks like he has some recurring customers.

------------------------------

Thom
Most prices yes but I will change them as I see fit

As you enter the general store and give your order an employee brings up the requested goods. 4 Torches that are all made in rather the same fashion without any remarkable differences in them. The rations are brought next and are dried pieces of meat. They look well preserved and should be filling once consumed.

"That'll be 6 shins sir" says the clerk as she smiles a bit impatiently at you.

---------------------------

Dominador

As you trudge through town you begin to ask some passerby's where you could find anything out about them. You are told that there is a memorial set up for the lost near the arena. After about 20 minutes of walking you eventually find the memorial for the lost. A trio of faladus baubles is placed at the top of the memorial site and its calming hum soothes you tothe point of nearly no emotion except for calmness and happiness. From there is a couple of gifts and trinkets left by the lost people's families. Some are around grieving but the rest stop by just to offer condolence to the families or to leave a gift.

---------------------------------
Taachi

Your eyes begin to close and you manage to fall asleep, intending on being a fresh as possible for when you are needed in a couple of hours. Your dreams of curvy ladies subside as you sleep and begin to rest your eyes.

You may wait indefinitely until the rest of the group or wake up whenever you want to. The choice is yours

Tentative Ready Checklist

Arret
Halal
Dominador
Thom
Taachi ✔
Heiro
Jun 6, 2015 1:22 am
I flip the old man 4 shins for a couple more days worth of food, wave and move on down the road.

Maybe this geologist has some useful insight on what's going on around here," I think, and make my way to his shop.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.