Game Thread

load previous
Jun 10, 2015 6:54 pm
Taachi concentrates and catches momentum, preparing his body for impact. His nimble and flexible body, and his swift mind reacts in time. He smiles to himself and notes "Reaction and Presence. Swiftness. Precision. Serenity. Well done, Taachi", and starts to whistle that catchy tune again.
Last edited June 10, 2015 10:44 pm

Rolls

Might Defence - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Jun 10, 2015 9:54 pm
I watch as the three jump up and down and think this will not end well. As the chains and supports snap at the top, I try to slow the fall of the great elevator.

Rolls

Might Defense - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Jun 10, 2015 10:43 pm
"What the hell are those morons doi..... whoooaaaaa....."

Rolls

Might Defense - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Jun 10, 2015 10:56 pm
Arret stares blankly at the three trying to kill everyone before he starts plummeting with the elevator.
Last edited June 10, 2015 10:57 pm

Rolls

Might Defense - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Jun 11, 2015 2:34 am
"Look out!" I shout, holding on to Thom for extra support, bracing for impact.

Thom should get +1 to his roll for cooperating in Might action with Heiro due to Thom's Explores Dark Places bonus :)

Rolls

Might Defense (proficient in & +1 for cooperative action with Thom) - (1d20+1)

(10) + 1 = 11

Jun 11, 2015 2:51 am
The lift smashes into the ground with a mighty crash. And while it may not have been the biggest of falls (50 Feet) the impact and the cluttering of people on the lift makes it a dangerous fall. As it slams into the ground a heap of dust kicks up and some cries of pain are heard. Dominador tried to slow the fall but his efforts proved in vain and when the lift slammed into the ground he was knocked inadvertently out of the lift and onto the ground infront of them. Adonis and Selphon were both out of sync after the jumping that caused the break in the ropes to begin with and when it collided witht he ground the twins both were thrown into each other. Arret loses focus by staring at the twins and bellatrix and fails to brace for the landing properly sending him crumbling to the ground and the whiplash hurting his head a bit on the ground.

Dominador, Arret, Adonis, and Selphon all take 5 points of damage, reduced by armor

The dust settles a bit and you are left with a relatively dark passageway that leads forward. Bellatrix is the first to admit fault in her plan

"Great, I just got us trapped in here. Alright the first thing we need to do is get this power running. If I remember there is another lift somewhere in here but its automatic and not manual. Perhaps we can use that to make our escape"

Adonis and Selphon brush off their injuries and begin to regain there footing.

Ahead of you lays the dark path. Some Azure baubles that are nearing the end of their life cycle are dimly lighting the area but not enough for much benefit. Visibility is about 15-20 feet ahead of you. If you listen closely you dont hear much besides the sound of dust falling from the lift crash.
Jun 11, 2015 3:20 am
First I look around to take in my immediate surroundings and then close my eyes trying to hear anything that might be in the darkness around us.

Rolls

Perception to notice small details - (1d20+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Jun 11, 2015 5:25 am
Dusting myself off I look sidelong and shake my head at the three stooges who caused this little 'accident' muttering "Idiots."

I unhitch my axe and feel the weight, ready to proceed ahead
Jun 11, 2015 6:27 am
Taachi clicks with his fingers and in the distance of one meter from the group, in dim light of dying azure bauble, three heads appear. they appeared for a moment and looked like heads of Bellatrix, Adonis and Selphon. And then, with fake low tone voice of Captain Marshall, they said in chorus : "Please excuse us for making dumb things and hurting your asses, lads. We won't do that again".
Then the heads disappeared and Taachi nodded, continuing to whistle that damn catchy tune.
Taachi uses Minor Illusion.
Last edited June 11, 2015 5:35 pm
Jun 11, 2015 2:37 pm
While rubbing his aching head Arret decides to scan the three jumpers really quick to see if their heads are full of rocks.

Yadda yadda, 1 int point spent, can't wait to have 2 edge so I can do this for free.
Jun 11, 2015 4:48 pm
Thom moves out of the lift, and trains his eyes and ears on the darkness, to see if there really is nothing more than falling dust. If so, he takes a minor glowglobe out of his pack and activates it, shedding light up to about 50 feet (15m) to see what else this reveals about the surroundings.

Minor glowglobe gives light for an hour.

Rolls

Search (trained) - (1d20+3)

(20) + 3 = 23

Listen (trained) - (1d20+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

Jun 12, 2015 12:03 am
Halál sighs as he brushes himself off a bit. "I was really hoping we wouldn't die so soon into the job" he murmurs under his breath.
Jun 12, 2015 7:43 pm
As the illusions disappear the twins look a bit ticked but Bellatrix is the cooler of the three. "Yeah yeah we get it. we messed up. Only thing to do now is fix this and get out of here"

A quick scan shoes that their heads are normal though it doesnt seem to describe their lapse of better judgement. As Thom lights the globe your visibility improves quite a bit. But the path still leads forward for the time being.

"Come on" says Bellatrix. "No point in standing around here any longer than we have to"

Dominador searches around to see if their is anything worth the glimspe of the eye but nothing out of the oordinary sticks out to him as you move along the tunnel.

After about 5-10 minutes of walking forward you reach a medium sized clearing. Along woith azure baubles there is a pair of acadius baubles about 15 feet high up on the right side of the clearing. The glowglobe shines into the area and illuminates 3 paths that break off from this room other than the one you came from. There are two near eac other on the left and one on the right.

"Looks like we are at a fork here" mentions Bellatrix. "How do you guys want to proceed? We can either split up or just hunt down the generator together."
Jun 12, 2015 10:46 pm
"Yes, all those horror stories always end well when the group splits up."
Jun 12, 2015 11:52 pm
"Arret is right. We stick together. We will need all of our wits about us if there are any more... accidents."
Jun 13, 2015 11:00 am
Thom looks from Arret to Hiero. His eyes narrow and he nods. "Together. Me first." is his terse response.

He examines the openings of the three different ways carefully, trying to see if anything suggests the way to a power supply (wires in the darkness etc).
Last edited June 13, 2015 11:12 am

Rolls

Search (trained) - (1d20+3)

(19) + 3 = 22

Jun 14, 2015 2:22 pm
Taachi wields his Crank Crossbow and follows the glaives of the groups, going behind them. He continues to whistle his tune and he seems to be very calm and in quite good mood.
Last edited June 14, 2015 2:24 pm
Jun 14, 2015 3:51 pm
Hal shrugs and puts his hands into his pockets. "I'll stick towards the rear, keep an eye on those morons that just about killed us", he thinks to himself as he falls in with the rest of the group.
Last edited June 14, 2015 3:52 pm
Jun 14, 2015 7:59 pm
As Thom begins to lead the group he starts to search the area for any signs. There appears to be wires coming from all 3 of the openings. It seems as though the 2 tunnels on the left have the most foot traffic by how smooth the ground is near them, the one on the right being a bit more rugged.

"Then lets choose one and go, the faster we get this done the faster we can get out of here. I don't like the feeling of this place" says Bellatrix. The area has an uneasy feeling to it. An area that used to be bustling with workers now left barren and almost completely silent with your voices bouncing off the barren earth
Jun 14, 2015 8:47 pm
"I recommend the leftmost path to start. Arret says
Last edited June 14, 2015 8:47 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.