Game Thread

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jun 21, 2015 3:57 pm
Thom overcomes his own inhibitions and says with a voice loud enough for all to hear, "Not numenera." He passes the badges to Bellatrix to examine, but as she is spooked by the whole event he stows them in his backpack again. He then moves round the chamber, examining the obvious exits for any signs or sounds of movement, human or otherwise.

Thom's concentration, coupled with the horrific sights around him, push him deeper into himself. His ears ring and his eyes are plunged into darkness. He wanders aimlessly off down a random corridor, paying no attention to his surroundings...

That's my suggestion for the result of 'snake eyes' there. GM?
Last edited June 21, 2015 4:04 pm

Rolls

Search (trained) - (1d20+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Listen (trained) - (1d20+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Jun 22, 2015 12:14 am
Arret racks his mind trying to think of anything he's read about in his studies that match the description of the creatures that attacked the previous group.

Hot damn, a 20.
Last edited June 22, 2015 12:15 am

Rolls

Recollection of Faladon Fauna - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Jun 23, 2015 3:14 pm
Trying to put all the pieces together, Dominador tries to remember an odd fact about what could have done this. He watches as Thom wanders off but doesn't move to stop him. Then he looks ove to Bellatrix. "Calm. Down. What we do not need right now is a skittish fire nano who cannot control her emotions. So calm yourself before I have to calm you myself."

Rolls

Remembering trivia (trained) - (1d20+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

Intimidation (trained) - (1d20+3)

(15) + 3 = 18

Jun 23, 2015 6:43 pm
Trying to recall some sort of odd trivia about the situation Dominador draws up a blank and cannot seem to recollect anything of importance.

Bellatrix's eyes begin to turn pure white at Dominador for his threat and with an intense brightness. Just as quickly though something seems to extinguish it. At the same moment a voice intrudes into Dominador's head.

"Hold your tongue you fool. You will not calm down anyone with threats. Her life is more valuable to Faladon than some pub guard. We must work together if we want to make it out of here and avoid the fates of these people"

Looking over you see Adonis staring into your eyes with an unwavering glance. You take a second to look at Selphus who is doing the same with Bellatrix.

Bellatrix looks over to Halal

"Nothing except for tales to make kids sleep. No, this appears to be much worse than those tales ever could have hoped to be. We need to find this power generator and get out of here so we can inform the town.

Just then Arret remembers something about the Fauna. You remember this place used to be inhabited by some sort of reptile folk. They were called Gre'Kai. You lastly remember that the Gre'Kai were hunted down hundreds of years ago and are thought to be gone from this world.

Throughout all of the commotion Thom manages to stumble into a dark area of the clearing where there is an opening about 5 feet high. Hunching over to get inside you begin to traverse into this dark corridor. As you walk along is the opening gradually begins to get wider and higher until you are able to stand and have comfortable side to side moving space. This area is completely devoid of light outside of the occasional bauble. You start to hear what appears to be some sort of whimpering. Could this be a survivor? You begin to walk a bit more faster towards the direction of the sound paying no mind to whatever you pass.

You run around a bend in the walkway when you see a woman in her young twenties sitting on the ground with her head buried in her legs and her arms wrapped around them. Her blond hair is matted with dirt and blood. She looks up at you and has a mixed reaction of shock and despair.

"Help me please" as she gets up and runs to you. "They're still here. They killed my friends and chased me into this tunnel. I dont want to die please I dont want to die." and begins to sob into your shoulder.

Just then you start hearing a peculiar noise. Its a mix between a sssssss and clicking of various pitches. The noise echoes on the walls and bounces into the clearing where the rest of the party stands. The clicking is articulate enough that you can feel it in your chest.

The girl is frightened and hides behind Thom. She attempts to make a noise but you aptly cover her mouth to keep her quiet. You listen closely and can tell by the echos that whatever is out there is definitely not alone.

Everyone please roll initiative. Thom receives a free turn before the start of battle to use as he wishes but will still be required to roll initiative. Whatever is lurking in the tunnel is still a turn away from Thom, but not necessarily going towards him at this moment. Likewise the party in the clearing will take two turns to reach Thom's location due to the nature of the corridor. There is not a ton of wiggle room once you are in there so be wise about movement.
Jun 23, 2015 8:36 pm
Taachi prepeares his crossbow and moves the illusion close to him, providing it with same illusionary crossbow. He places the illusion on loop that will show himself watching and aiming, and himself doing same, being on alert with his swift reflexes.

Taachi is trained in initiative bc of Swift descriptor.
Last edited June 23, 2015 8:37 pm

Rolls

Initiative (Trained) - (1d20+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

Jun 23, 2015 8:43 pm
Dominador hears something off in the distance and prepares for a tussle.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Jun 23, 2015 9:32 pm
Hearing the noises, Halál put his hands in his pockets and turns to face whatever may be making them

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Jun 23, 2015 10:09 pm
Hearing something out of place, Heiro snaps into a fighting crouch, his axe at ready. He advances slowly to prevent Thom being cut off.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Jun 23, 2015 10:58 pm
Arret perks up, and cracks his knuckles.
Last edited June 23, 2015 10:59 pm

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Jun 24, 2015 5:00 am
Thom draws his crossbow, and advances carefully towards the noise, keeping the girl behind him. In this way he moves towards the party, looking for a defensible position where the girl can hide and from where he can fire. The five-foot opening would be ideal, but probably a stretch as running almost certainly not a good idea by now. If something attacks the party out of the shadows, he will stay quiet so as not to betray his location to the monsters, and fire at the first aggressive target he can see. If something attacks him, he will attack, and shout to alert the party of his location.

I've edited my post to fix my misunderstanding of the relative location of everything, but keep with the spirit of what I was trying to do. I hope in this way to be able to keep my awesome search roll! :-)
Last edited June 24, 2015 5:09 pm

Rolls

Search (trained) for good hiding place + effort - (1d20+6)

(19) + 6 = 25

Initiative - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Jun 24, 2015 7:55 am
the noise is coming from where you came from effectively putting it between you and the party. In this case backing away from the noise and moving towards the party is contradicting.

Rolls

Intiative Bellatrix - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Initiative Adonis - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Intiative Selphus - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Jun 24, 2015 11:52 pm
Adonis (NPC) and Arret pass Intiative and are free to take their turns. Everyone else may go after the enemy has made their action

Thom with great care in the sound they make finds a fresh burrow hole that is safe. With an assuring point the lady hesitates at first but realizes that this is her best bet at safety and rescue and decides to go into the hole as ordered until everything is all clear. You aim your crossbow forward but dont advance too much nor make extra sound as to not attract unwelcome attention.

Adonis unsheathes the two scimitars and begins to run forward towards the noise. He stops at the entrance of the hole before slamming the hilt of one of his scimitars into the wall to produce a loud clanging noise in order to draw out whatever is in there.

Within seconds of this the clicking noise begins to intensify in speed and volume. It seems as though he has gotten their attention.
Jun 25, 2015 12:14 am
Arret readies a Onslaught to nail the first baddie that pops into view.

Physical Onslaught, 0 int points spent with edge

Rolls

Onslaught - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Jun 25, 2015 2:56 am
With extreme haste a monster crawls out of the opening from the top of the cave. Perfectly timed though was an onslaught from Arret. The blast eminates a light blue pulse that creates a slight pop sound. The force creates such an impact on the monster that part of its rocky body crumbles off to show what appears to be rough scale and the monster is flung from the top of the corridor where it was climbing and into the side wall of the clearing about 15-20 feet away. It stumbles to get up and appears to be dazed. It lashes forward in a dazed frenzy at Adonis. Adonis swiftly skips to the side and avoids the beasts mangled claws.

A second beast comes out of the cave but is walking on two hind legs. It doesnt appear to have eyes but rather a dark purple sac on its head with flashes in it. It also seems to be commanding some sort of beetle like pestilence that crawls in and out of the scaley pores on its body.

It appears to stumble, but it holds its balance the entire time in the most odd of ways. The forward stumbler though gives it a quick burst of speed before it latches its hands out and a swarm of the beetle like pestilence makes it's way towards heiro.

Everyone else may now take their turns. The NPCs shall go after you. Heiro please also provide a speed defense roll on top of making your move

Rolls

Secret Roll

Jun 25, 2015 3:25 am
Dominador sprints toward the enemy to engage it in close combat.

One turn away from engaging foes.
Jun 25, 2015 4:37 am
Heiro barks out a warning and twists away from the swarm of pestilent insects as he hurries at best speed to his attacker, swinging his axe with the practiced speed of one born to kill

Rolls

Speed defense - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Attack when in range: Thrust (using Edge so zero cost), 8 dmg - (1d20+2)

(13) + 2 = 15

Jun 25, 2015 5:54 am
Taachi takes well aimed (with preparation from previous turn) - GM pls modify the complexity if preparation is applicable shot at dazed first creature with his Crank Crossbow.

His illusion stands not far from him and been previously set to do "aiming animation"

Rolls

C-bow attack - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Jun 25, 2015 7:15 am
Thom looks through the opening of the cave and sees the stumbling monstrosity attack Heiro. In an instant he looses his crossbow bolt at the creature.

Using Pierce (cost covered by edge), so 5 dmg on hit. I suppose Heiro and I both get +1 for cooperating, and we should also be able to get 'the high and low' (CB 101) if we both hit as I am making a ranged attack and he a melee attack.
Last edited June 25, 2015 3:38 pm

Rolls

Crossbow speed attack (trained), cooperating w Heiro - (1d20+4)

(9) + 4 = 13

Jun 25, 2015 10:32 pm
Halál stands in place an unleashes a physical onslaught on the second creature.

Rolls

Onslaught - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Jun 26, 2015 1:38 am
Heiro tries to eade the cloud of pestilence but ends up right in the middle of it while swinging his axe at the creature. The axe collides with great force in the abdominal area of the creature, and more prestilence seeps out from the wound. The bugs in the cloud began to swarm onto Heiro digging into his skin and into his mouth as well as trying to get into his eyes and other openings

Detriment to all actions until youre able to free yourself from the pestilence. You can use either a might or speed defense roll to attempt to shake the effect. You also take 1 point of damage in speed and might that ignores armor plus 1 additional damage in speed and might for each additional round you fail to shake.

Right afterwards Thoms crossbow lands with a thuck and the bolt partially exits the front of the beast with insects and what appears to be the beasts blood flying from the exit wound. The beast starts to stumble a bit from the attacks. The momentary loss of balance was all Halal needed as his onslaught connects with the creature to seal its fate as it crumples down to the ground in a lifeless heap, insects scattering from the corpse.

With the dazed beasts focus on Adonis Taachi manages to land his crank crossbow bolt into the tail of the beast. Its clicking sssss crescendos into an almost feral scream for the beast as its tail flaps around in agony.

Dominador and Selphus begin to close distance on the remaining beast as Bellatrix prepares a fire onslaught on the creature, the fireball connects with it and it makes a high pitched howl but the flame diminishes quickly as it hit a rocky portion of its body. . At the same time Adonis hacks at the monstrosity with both of his scimitars while its distracted by the pain but proved to be too slow for the beast as it jumps back a bit and rears it's head before swinging its body attempting to trip Adonis. The tail connects and sends Adonis to the ground as the rocky portions of the tail manage to connect with his knees.

All PC's may now make their next move

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.