Chapter 1.1 - The Alamo Remembers

load previous
Sep 4, 2015 3:21 pm
A natural 1 provokes a GM intrusion without the xp award. In this case, Diego's gun misfires and will require an action to free the failed bullet from the weapon before it can be fired again.
Sep 5, 2015 3:10 am
Time to finish these varmints off...

Rolls

Handgun 4pts +1 pierce - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Speed defense if needed - with cover - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Sep 9, 2015 6:14 pm
The wolf-man standing rushes forward, takes a slug from Eli, and then falls to the ground unconscious after passing through the invisible wall. The second wolf-man, who had been gunned down, lies where he fell and twitches on the ground. There is no one currently threatening you.

You think that all three creatures are still alive. Three of them are in wolf-monster form, the other is still human. Lastly, one of the wolf-men, the one that was gunned down, was not rendered unconscious by Eli's cypher, and his wounds are healing.

As to the effect of Eli's cypher, you cannot see it. (Eli can remember where he set it, if he shares that info.)
As an aside: I'm not sure if any of you were using silver rounds, so I have assumed not.
Sep 10, 2015 12:14 pm
OOC: Actually I had assumed my default WAS using silver rounds, since we had acquired a large number of rounds earlier. But that's fine, I'll be explicit next time.

IC: Eli puts down the healing wolf-man with a silver bullet to the head. He looks to his companions, motions ahead of him and says, "Here is the invisible barrier I made to knock out these three. Be careful not to cross it yourself. Now, these beasts have never been ones to reason with, and are filled with bloodlust. I have no problem putting each to their death with a silver bullet, but I don't want to deny you the pleasure of getting into the action." (OOC: He will put down one other, and leave the other two for his companions).
Sep 13, 2015 2:31 pm
Diego curses his luck and tried to clear the jam out of his revolver.

OOC: Sorry for the delay, losing track of where we're at as far as actions our concerned.

Rolls

Clear Jam - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Sep 13, 2015 2:40 pm
Diego clears his jam easily.

As you approach Eli's invisible wall, you can hear a faint crying noise coming from the chapel, which is off to your right. You're near the garrison doors (the garrison is mostly to your left) that these 'soldiers' exited from. The soldiers are wearing uniforms that don't fit very well, and you can see that their weapons are well cared for but not exceptional. One thing that does draw the eye is that one of the male soldiers is wearing a necklace that looks like a snowflake.
Sep 16, 2015 1:41 am
Preferring to work with his blade, Diego approaches one of the wounded 'soldiers' and slowly works his knife through its neck. "Little more messy, but I feel much better detaching this things head from its body!"

Walking up to the edge of the wall, Diego eyes the solder with necklace. "What you think it means, Amigo?"
Sep 17, 2015 3:33 am
I look over to Diego slightly disgusted. "I guess that's what we have to do." I take out my knife and decapitate another "soldier".
Sep 19, 2015 3:08 am
After a brief series of very messy coup-de-gras you find some odd trinkets on the soldiers, but before you get too far into their pockets, you hear the sounds of heavy boots on planks. The sound comes from inside the garrison.

Carefully pushing past the door, you find a long mess hall and to the right, stairs going down. The mess hall is empty, with only a couple of plates set even though there is room for maybe a 100 soldiers too eat at once. From the cellar is where the heavy foot falls sound. From inside, the sound is ominous, and you envision that whoever is making those noises must be huge.

A quick peek down the stairs and you see only darkness.
Sep 19, 2015 5:38 pm
Diego will scan the dinner hall for anything that may work as a source of light.

Rolls

Search - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Sep 19, 2015 5:50 pm
Eli tries to determine the source of the footsteps, cautiously moving down the stairs, gun in hand

Rolls

Perception (trained; specialized when tracking living things) - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Sep 19, 2015 9:01 pm
Diego looks around and quickly spots a cupboard near the door and the stairs, and inside are a couple lanterns (nice and full) along with [period appropriate] matches. There is also some assorted rain ponchos, shovels, buckets and other assorted things.

[O.O a critical skill check. So with a 19, I'll give you a success on the perception, and also a minor effect.]. Eli gets the impression that there is one person downstairs moving things about. That person is really heavy, wearing sturdy leather boots, and they're in a deliberate sorta hurry, but they dont shuffle their feet. You're darn near certain they're moving furniture around carefully, tipping tables over and the like. not making much noise at that, but some.
"Any suggestions on the minor effect? We could say you get an asset on initiative (should you decide to draw down on 'em) or your next action towards them, or something similar.

I'm assuming AJ is trailing behind, maybe watching the door, just trying to keep us moving along. Jump in when you want.
Sep 19, 2015 9:22 pm
[OOC: oops! Yeah he's following. Was trying to figure out what to do when I fell asleep.]

I poke my head into the stairwell and whisper to Eli "Whaddya hear? What is that?"
Sep 19, 2015 9:55 pm
Diego will grab a couple of lanterns and some matches and walk quietly over to AJ. "These might help a bit!"
Sep 19, 2015 11:03 pm
"Someone down there is either about to do something bad, or is waiting to ambush us. We should strike now before he gets too fortified!" He leaps down the stairs and prepares to shoot if a clear hostile.

Rolls

Initiative (trained) plus minor effect asset - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Attack roll - with pierce (5 damage) - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Sep 20, 2015 9:45 pm
At the bottom of the stairs, the dirt floored passage leads to the left, past some shelves. The passage goes 3 or 4 yards to an archway, beyond which is a dirt walled and floored room the room is lit by some dim, flickering unnatural source that you can't yet see. You see two heavy, wooden tables have been overturned to form a defensive barricade, but it isn't really enough to contain the bulk of the monstrosity behind. The demon is basically man-shaped, but it's skin is covered in short bluish fur. It's head is wolf-like, and you can see its head, shoulders and about half of its chest over the table as it adjusts one of the tables. A brief estimate puts the torso on this thing about the right size for a bull. It's eyes turn toward you, and in them you see a mixture of intelligence and fury.

Eli fires from the bottom of the stairs, and his round hits the creature in the shoulder. Unfortunately, you're not sure that it noticed all that much.
Anyone else who wants to join in should probably roll initiative..
Sep 20, 2015 9:57 pm
Hearing the shot ring out Diego will forego the lamps and rush down the stairs to join his companion.

Rolls

Initiative [Trained] - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Sep 20, 2015 11:00 pm
Diego can act before the foe, but he's at the top of the stairs. Normally, you can only move an immediate distance (up to 3 yards) as part of an action, and the stairs will interfere. However, Diego has the Fast descriptor, so he can run a short distance (up to 50 feet) and still attack.

AJ has the Fleet of Foot Move, so he can run the distance with a Speed check diffculty 2. Since he is also Trained in Running, that means he will make it and still act on a 3 or higher. With a failure, AJ would make it most of the way, but wouldn't be able to act until next round.
Sep 21, 2015 6:27 am
Springing into action along with my compatriots, I run gotten the stairs. Once I see the creature, I recognize the furry in his eyes and take aim.
"[OOC: looks like I go last, easily make it down the stairs, and deal +2 (?) damage because of the 18. Right? ]
Last edited September 21, 2015 6:29 am

Rolls

Initiative (not trained) - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Speed test - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Attack (8 damage w/ free use of Pierce) - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Sep 21, 2015 1:14 pm
AJ's action will occur after the beasts, and yup, the 18 gets +2 damage.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.