What have you been playing lately?

load previous
May 7, 2021 10:22 pm
bowlofspinach says:
I played Divine Divinity a lot as a kid 😄 Never played any of the later games but when I restarted DD recently, it didn't age that well, I think. I might still give it another shot for nostalgia one of these days, though
I tried to get that running on my machine, but just got crashes as a reward. Kind of good to hear it wasn't an all-time classic, actually :-)
Last edited May 7, 2021 10:22 pm
May 8, 2021 2:28 am
You all talking about Divinity reminded me of the only game of this series that I actually played but no one mentioned yet: Dragon Commander! It's kinda an odd one in the series, but I liked it. :D You get to have both real-time strategy and be a big fire-breathing dragon that can join battles at the same time.
Last edited May 8, 2021 2:28 am
May 8, 2021 7:11 am
If you like Baldurs gate 3, then take a look at Solasta Crown of the Magister. It should be more faithful to the D&D 5e rules, and it goes into final release this month. I have played some of the early acces
May 8, 2021 12:40 pm
I played the demo for Solasta and enjoyed it. It's very combat-oriented, though, and I believe I read the developers saying the combat was the main focus for the game existing. I suspect the story will be an afterthought.

KCC

Jun 22, 2021 9:40 am
I’ve been having a ball with Chivalry 2. Such fun!
Jun 22, 2021 2:05 pm
I've played RDR2 since just after the Online released from Beta. EVE Online, Overwatch, ARK, No Man's Sky, Overwatch, XCom, BattleTech/RogueTech and a variety of other games. Mostly a console player but stray into PC every so often.
Jun 23, 2021 8:08 am
Recently I beat Resident Evil 8 (Village) - that was pretty fun. Felt a little closer to Resident Evil 4 to me, which was a good feeling overall.

Otherwise, I tend to play games that I can play one-handed on the PC while I'm getting my daughter to sleep. Civilization 6 is always a good go-to. Also recently played through Pathfinder: Kingmaker for the second time and have been goofing with the beta for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.
Jun 25, 2021 12:51 pm
I may have plugged this before, but Slay the Spire is a really fun, casual single-player deck-builder. It's on Xbox and Steam and was recently released on Android (not sure about iOS) and it's faithful to the PC/console versions.
Jul 4, 2021 7:43 pm
Pathfinder Kingmaker. I’m a CRPG fanatic and I’m determined to finish this fantastic game in time for Wrath of the Righteous coming out.
Jul 4, 2021 9:16 pm
Vaynol says:
Pathfinder Kingmaker. I’m a CRPG fanatic and I’m determined to finish this fantastic game in time for Wrath of the Righteous coming out.
What are your favorite CRPGs? I finished Baldurs gate 1 and 2 (eventually), and started on Pillars of Eternity, but I'm finding it strangely....meh. I was thinking of starting Planescape, or maybe Torment: Tides of Numenara.
Jul 4, 2021 10:43 pm
Baldurs Gate 1 and 2 I keep returning to over and over again even though I must have beaten them dozens of times. I agree with you about the original Pillars of Eternity, although technically it was great it was just lacking a certain something, I think it was the setting that just didn’t appeal to me. The sequel is much much better if you’ve tried that, the voice acting, atmosphere and the fact it leans hard into the pirate rpg tropes made it the game it is.

I really like Divinity Original Sin 2, even though it doesn’t really come up to Baldurs Gate standards. Although I’m really looking forward to the third game I’m so far refusing to play it as I don’t want to burn myself out on it in early access.

Planescape Torment is pretty awesome, I thoroughly recommend it to anyone.
Jul 4, 2021 10:56 pm
I've been meaning to play D:OS2. I started it with a good friend in co-op mode, but I think it's time to admit that our schedules will never match up enough to finish it. I'll add it to my list after PoE and Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

So I'll probably get to it sometime in 2025 or so.
Jul 13, 2021 1:09 am
Dungeon Warfare and Dungeon Warfare II are on sales on Steam, so I picked up both.
Sep 10, 2021 3:40 pm
In a bit of a gaming rut at the moment, stuck on crystal caves in DS:R and also stuck in Baldur's Gate :(

When it comes to more casual/handheld stuff, I've been really enjoying the Dragon Quest 7 remake and Majora's Mast 3D, both excellent, even if the former is incredibly slow.
Sep 10, 2021 4:09 pm
I haven't had a lot of free time lately, but when I get a few minutes to poke around I use them on pretty low-stress games. I started playing Spelunky 2 (high difficulty, admittedly, but low stress) and I'm giving Toku's Island Express a shot. It was free on the Epic Game Store recently, and seems interesting so far. It's what you get if you mash a metroidvania and pinball together.
Sep 10, 2021 5:00 pm
Just the other day, I started a new Stardew Valley save. I'm going to go the evil route this time.
[ +- ]
Sep 10, 2021 5:09 pm
Stardew valley has an evil route?
Sep 10, 2021 5:25 pm
[ +- ] Using spoiler tags for actual spoilers. What a novel idea!
Sep 10, 2021 5:37 pm
Interesting. I haven't played the game, but I've heard plenty. I'm listening to the audiobook version of Blood, Sweat, and Pixels, and they've got a chapter devoted to Stardew Valley's development. Fascinating stuff. That dev really took a huge risk but it paid off quite well for him.
Last edited September 10, 2021 5:37 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.