What have you been playing lately?

load previous
Sep 10, 2021 6:06 pm
It's really a great game. I played through it two times (playing through meaning I got to a point where I had a large, basically self-sustaining farm). But I never played the Joja route before
Sep 10, 2021 7:32 pm
That entire genre of games has kind of missed me. I've never played Harvest Moon, Stardew, or any other type of farming sim-esque game. I can't help but wonder if I'd love it, but I doubt I'll try it when I have a glut of free time
Sep 10, 2021 7:49 pm
I love playing the types of games that you only need to pay half attention to or can play while listening to a podcast or something. And Stardew Valley fits that perfectly. Plus, you can date people. What else do you need?
Sep 11, 2021 9:35 am
I liked pathfinder Kingmaker up to a certain point, but this one I like a lot better right of the bat
https://images.gog-statics.com/265a62a633c1233775f6bcfa52d4ee528ccbff69a071cc711451209de01523b7.jpg
Sep 13, 2021 3:08 am
I'd really like to play the new Pathfinder game. It'll have to wait because I have some other stuff to get to first. Currently, I'm kind of dividing my time between Orcs Must Die! 3 and Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince
Sep 19, 2021 10:00 pm
A few months back, I started re-playing the first Red Dead Redemption and Far Cry 4.
Sep 19, 2021 11:28 pm
kalajel says:
A few months back, I started re-playing the first Red Dead Redemption and Far Cry 4.
RDR 1 & RDR 2 are really great games. After finishing the story mode on 2 I just had to take a bit to process the ending... I play Red Dead Online these days. I'm just not ready to leave that world yet and the views are simply stunning.
Sep 20, 2021 10:00 pm
I've been playing Humankind for the last month. I think the Civilization franchise finally has competition in the 4X history sim business.
Sep 20, 2021 10:08 pm
Competition is always important. It's no good for consumers or customers if it's a one horse town

I started up Arkham Knight today. I really enjoyed Arkham Asylum and City, I'm hoping this one keeps that level of quality.
Sep 22, 2021 7:32 pm
I recently came back to No Man's Sky with the latest update and to complete the Community Expedition. It's fun to pick up for like a week every couple months
Sep 23, 2021 8:12 am
skeptical_stun says:
Competition is always important. It's no good for consumers or customers if it's a one horse town

I started up Arkham Knight today. I really enjoyed Arkham Asylum and City, I'm hoping this one keeps that level of quality.
Arkham Knight was solid. Imo it definitely held up in quality.
Sep 24, 2021 12:20 pm
WarDomo says:
I recently came back to No Man's Sky with the latest update and to complete the Community Expedition. It's fun to pick up for like a week every couple months
It always takes me a week to figure out the controls after being away
Sep 26, 2021 10:51 am
Knifesedgegames says:
WarDomo says:
It always takes me a week to figure out the controls after being away
Has anyone had the opportunity to play NMS in VR? Maaan, that is a fun trip.
Sep 27, 2021 2:50 pm
No, but I'd love to.... I don't have a beefy enough desktop to run oculus link
Sep 30, 2021 5:11 pm
If it runs on your PC normally, you can probably stream it via Remote Desktop if you get access to a Quest 2. I've ran it that way and via the link cable and the wireless remote desktop method is actually really great.

It's really cool, but it's one of the only VR games that gets me nauseous.
Last edited September 30, 2021 5:12 pm
Oct 2, 2021 3:51 pm
Anyone here played Wildermyth? :D It's a tactical RPG (X-Com style, but with magic and swords) with partially procedural story and nice legacy mechanics. You have a party of characters who grow old between campaigns, form relationships, become legends, occassionally mutate into animal hybrids, and all that fun stuff! Kinda has vibes of a group of adventures going on a journey, like in tabletop RPGs. XD

And I really love how they did magic, using objects of environment for spells. Making chairs erupt splinters, possessing fire lamps, or making sheets wrap around the opponents...
Oct 3, 2021 1:49 am
I want to play it, and it's got great reviews, but I'm going to wait for a sale. I'm one of those patient-gamer types that rarely buys games at full price.
Oct 4, 2021 9:02 am
FlyingSucculent says:
Anyone here played Wildermyth? :D It's a tactical RPG (X-Com style, but with magic and swords) with partially procedural story and nice legacy mechanics. You have a party of characters who grow old between campaigns, form relationships, become legends, occassionally mutate into animal hybrids, and all that fun stuff! Kinda has vibes of a group of adventures going on a journey, like in tabletop RPGs. XD

And I really love how they did magic, using objects of environment for spells. Making chairs erupt splinters, possessing fire lamps, or making sheets wrap around the opponents...
I played it for a while. But I felt detached from the procedural created story. I stopped playing it
Oct 4, 2021 11:39 am
I've jumped into a neat little mix of video games lately, including: For the King (co-op with the GF), Little Nightmares 2, Fortnite (with the kiddos), and Civilization 6.

I really wish. . .that they would make another Divinity game. Divinity 3!!! Come on. Loved the second one.
Oct 4, 2021 2:31 pm
FlyingSucculent says:

I love Wildermyth. I've been playing it since early access and really enjoy it.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.