What have you been playing lately?

load previous
Feb 5, 2021 7:17 pm
Two-Point Hospital. :) haha
Feb 6, 2021 12:11 pm
Been re-playing the 2003 Temple of Elemental Evil game again (because I do reviews for a videogame website and convinced them to get it for me so I can write about it).

Also, I've been on a major Glorantha kick after reading the RuneQuest books lately, so I grabbed King of Dragon Pass and played quite a bit of it. It's discounted to like $3 on GOG.com right now, for anyone interested.
Feb 6, 2021 10:26 pm
I've mostly been playing Cyberpunk 2077 and Stardew Valley lol
Feb 15, 2021 6:07 pm
I recently played through Immortal Fenyx, an Assassin’s Creed meets Breath of the Wild game. Loved it. I’ve been playing an obscene amount of CoD Zombies lately.
Mar 1, 2021 7:38 pm
Anybody playing the Outriders demo?
Mar 17, 2021 3:56 pm
Most recent video game I've played was League of Legends, I had a lot of fun although it's not really one of my favorite games (more like a game I've spent thousands of hours, really addictive!). In LoL it's just "one more match" that last about 30 minutes. Other than LoL, I've playtested some games in development, for like about an hour each (my laptop couldn't handle those games really).
May 6, 2021 11:15 pm
Just finished the New Pokemon Snap. I may be biased but I loved it. So much potential for DLC.
May 7, 2021 12:06 am
Replaying System Shock 2 at the moment. It's one of those games I find I never really get tired of, and find it oddly cathartic to just run through :D
May 7, 2021 12:22 am
Ooh, SS2! Have you ever played Prey? It shares a lot of similarities if you're looking for a modern experience. Y'know what, I think it's time for another playthrough.
May 7, 2021 12:32 am
Block Quest Maker. I've also restarted playing the first Red Dead Redemption.
May 7, 2021 12:46 am
KoTOR 1 and Dungeon Siege both were enjoyable
May 7, 2021 1:31 am
Queni says:
Ooh, SS2! Have you ever played Prey? It shares a lot of similarities if you're looking for a modern experience. Y'know what, I think it's time for another playthrough.
Yes! I love Prey, haha! I just recently finished a No Neuromods run, and it makes the game incredibly tense when you're so unimpressively normal. Great fun, and really drives home that sense of vulnerability.
May 7, 2021 3:02 am
Rizzoxiii says:
KoTOR 1 and Dungeon Siege both were enjoyable
You have good taste.
WonderWaffle says:
I just recently finished a No Neuromods run and it makes the game incredibly tense when you're so unimpressively normal. Great fun, and really drives home that sense of vulnerability.
That sounds like it would be super hard but fun! This time around, I'll be restricting myself to non-human neuromods as I did a human only run last time. The wrench and modded shotgun were my go-to.
May 7, 2021 3:43 pm
Man, Dungeon Siege takes me back. I only ever played the first one. KOTOR was great, I need to get around to playing the sequel.

I'm playing Enter the Gungeon when I find a few minutes, and Pillars of Eternity when I have a bit longer. It's frustrating, I really want to like Pillars, but it's not grabbing me, at least not after 15 hours or so.
May 7, 2021 6:04 pm
skeptical_stun says:
I'm playing Enter the Gungeon when I find a few minutes, and Pillars of Eternity when I have a bit longer. It's frustrating, I really want to like Pillars, but it's not grabbing me, at least not after 15 hours or so.
Then I tried to play the first Pillars of Eternity I was hit with the ever-growing wall of texts. It was too much. I have clocked 24 hours of playtime, but I haven't really gotten into it.
I picked up the sequel, with the pirates and ships. played a few hours last year, but haven't picked it up again.
May 7, 2021 7:17 pm
I finished Baldurs Gate 1 and 2, and I really don't mind the walls of text. If anything, I find myself seeking out more of them, it's like a more complicated book. My problem is that the system of mechanics and combat is annoying, and just doesn't gel with me. I'm hoping it'll get better eventually.

I'm hoping to play through Planescape after this. Maybe after that one's finished, Baldurs Gate 3 will be out, and I can simulate a certain group of weirdos to wander around Baldurs Gate :P
May 7, 2021 9:04 pm
check out the Divinity games. I am a big fan of Divinity 2

link to steam
May 7, 2021 9:31 pm
I played the first one. I started the second, but my schedule changed and I can't co-op with that friend anymore. I'm hoping one day the stars will align and we can finish it.
May 7, 2021 9:33 pm
runekyndig says:
skeptical_stun says:
Then I tried to play the first Pillars of Eternity I was hit with the ever-growing wall of texts. It was too much. I have clocked 24 hours of playtime, but I haven't really gotten into it.
I picked up the sequel, with the pirates and ships. played a few hours last year, but haven't picked it up again.
Yeah Pillars is really a lot to read but I really enjoyed both of them. You really must like to read if you want to get into the game though. Especially in the beginning a lot of world building is done by explanations.
I liked it the way Mass Effect did it, where you could read up on topics if they interested you but you didn't had to.
runekyndig says:
check out the Divinity games. I am a big fan of Divinity 2

link to steam
Oh Divinity is really, really cool and hard. I played both of them on one of the harder difficulties and yeah hard really means haaaaard.
But I too can really recommend Divinity.

The last RPG I played was Baldur's Gate 3.
I really liked the beginning and that it really stays close to the DnD5e rules. But it's definitly different than the last two Baldur's Gates. I stopped playing because I encountered a lot of crashes but I'm looking forward to play again when it's finished
May 7, 2021 9:39 pm
I played Divine Divinity a lot as a kid 😄 Never played any of the later games but when I restarted DD recently, it didn't age that well, I think. I might still give it another shot for nostalgia one of these days, though
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.