The Daimyo's Gambit - Game Thread

load previous
Jun 29, 2015 8:01 am
Hey, Shan.. I got this for ya, block the next lizard, alright? Urki casts Healing Word on Ai Shan.

Then swings his dagger at the Lizardfolk for a second time.Come 'ere you scaly Sh..

Rolls

Healing Word (mod=3, life domain=3) - (1d4+6)

(4) + 6 = 10

Dagger attack - (1d20+6)

(14) + 6 = 20

Dagger Damage - (1d4+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Jun 30, 2015 2:02 am
Ai Shan bellows with glee, feeling renewed, continues attacking his foes. He hardly notices the light from the lantern through the red haze clouding his vision.

Same as before, but: Ai Shan will finish off target 1 with his first two attacks. If target one dies from the first blow he directs his second and third attack to target 2

Rolls

attk 1 - (1d20+6)

(14) + 6 = 20

dmg 1 - (2d6+5)

(14) + 5 = 10

attk 2 - (1d20+6)

(15) + 6 = 21

dmg 2 - (2d6+5)

(22) + 5 = 9

attk 3 - (1d20+6)

(6) + 6 = 12

dmg 3 - (2d6+5)

(11) + 5 = 7

Jul 1, 2015 2:56 am
Kildrak channels his hungry energy and it is satisfied as it feeds on the life of the lizardfolk warrior. You feel strength flow back into you as the lizardfolk desicates in a matter of seconds. Cassandra works fast to light the scene in time for Fēng to whallop the held creature. Two attacks and its eyes roll back into his skull. You move to assist Urki as he calls out for Ai Shan. The barbarian is too busy cutting down the two lizards that have been on him since the beginning. One slice halves the first while a second splits the other tooth to tail.

The last lizardfolk left sensing trouble wants to run but is flanked by Urki and Fēng. He cries out a fearsome warcry and launches himself one last time at the diminutive cleric.

His last attacks are turned by armored gnome before he is set upon by the team.

Lizardfolk Shaman is unconscious.
Lizardfolk 1 is dead.
Lizardfolk 2 is dead.
Lizardfolk 3 is dead.
Lizardfolk 4 is unconscious
Lizardfolk 5 uses its Multiattack, striking at Urki with Bite and Rock Axe. It misses with both attacks.

Rolls

Lizardfolk 5 against Urki (Bite) - (1d20+4)

(9) + 4 = 13

Lizardfolk 5 Bite Damage - (1d6+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Lizardfolk 5 against Urki (Rock Axe) - (1d20+4)

(10) + 4 = 14

Lizardfolk 5 Rock Axe Damage - (1d6+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Jul 1, 2015 3:12 am
To see if I maintain Shield of Faith.

My God, why does it always have to be me!

Urki clearly annoyed looks at the final Lizardman and swings his dagger once more.

Rolls

Concentration - (1d20+1)

(14) + 1 = 15

Concentration - (1d20+1)

(5) + 1 = 6

Dagger attack (normal/first roll) - (1d20+6)

(10) + 6 = 16

Dagger attack (advantage roll if necessary) - (1d20+6)

(19) + 6 = 25

Dagger damage - (1d4+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Dagger extra damage if I have advantage - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Jul 1, 2015 4:00 am
Sure of the combined success of Urki and Feng against the last pitiful lizardman, Cassandra looks around to see if her companions need healing.

In the meantime, she draws in power from the whisper of a nearby stream, and washes away some of her own hurts.

I haven't been able to follow who got how badly wounded, so please PM me if you're in need of a healing spell or two and I'll add them to this post.
Last edited July 1, 2015 4:12 pm

Rolls

Cure wounds (1st level slot) on selfd - (1d8+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Jul 1, 2015 6:22 am
As his foes fly into pieces, Ai Shan begins breathing heavily, snarling under his breath at the fallen lizardmen.

"Don't see these in the far south. Too cold. Too stupid," he snarls, his blade stabbing the still-breathing lizardfolk shaman in the throat on his way around the perimeter. "Need a proper rest." He begins drifting back to the camp, fishing his dropped javelin out of the groundcover.

Ai Shan now has 1 level of fatigue from his Frenzy. He needs a long rest, so it may not be necessary to heal him.
Jul 1, 2015 6:50 am
Kildrak eyes the two unconscious lizardfolk and flexes his hand wreathed in dark energy. Then moves to the side of Urki finish off the last hostile creature with a roar, "Not today you scaly bastard!" When he reaches the beastial creature he reaches out again, trying to feed the magic.
Last edited July 2, 2015 1:21 am

Rolls

Vampiric Touch Attack - (1d20+6)

(18) + 6 = 24

Vampiric touch damage - (3d6)

(525) = 12

Jul 3, 2015 6:32 am
Urki looks around and the group. Feng, can you keep a look out?

Urki slumps up against a tree and pulls the hood of his black cloak over him. He takes a moment and then puts the hood down, grabs some bark off a tree and some leaves and sticks and puts them on top of himself. Then he takes some leaves and makes a pillow trying to blend in the best he can with sticks and bark and the tree.

Okay, leave me be unless something else tries to hurt us. Night.

Rolls

Stealth (disadvantage) - (1d20+9)

(5) + 9 = 14

Stealth (disadvantage) - (1d20+9)

(4) + 9 = 13

Jul 3, 2015 7:37 am
Fēng recalls Master Qin's words again, "The rising of birds in their flight is the sign of an ambuscade."

"I will take up the watch. Perhaps we should light a fire this time. Who knows if more of these lizardmen lie in wait for us in the darkness? And what of Cassandra's horse and Kildrak's goats? Are they alright, I wonder?"

Fēng flies the camp perimeter.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(10) + 3 = 13

Jul 3, 2015 9:33 pm
As the last lizard folk is desiccated by Kildrak's touch, the team remains on alert for more lizardfolk warriors. Fend takes to the sky while Urki takes to the comfort offered by sleep. Feng can see that the animals, though upset by the skirmish, have remained unmolested. As he finished his loop, Cassandra uses her torch to start a small fire in camp. Ai Shan liners back to camp and starts to sleep now that his watch is over. Feng's patrol does not turn up any more lizardfolk hiding in the bushes. As he takes watch, the others start to nod off to sleep.

Feng's perception roll is good for his watch. Kildrak and Cassandra still have watches.
Jul 3, 2015 11:51 pm
[b]"I'm awake NOW, might as well take m'watch." He spares a fleeting glance at Ai Shan, hoping the man with the large sword doesn't actually notice. Then he begins to circle around the others.

Rolls

Perception check for watch - (1d20+1)

(14) + 1 = 15

Jul 4, 2015 2:14 am
As dawn approaches, Cassandra takes her watch. She still finds it weird how the dry land doesn't move, but she keeps her eyes open for anything moving across it.

Assuming the night goes without further problems, I've prepared a new spell list for today, which I've put in the Character Thread.
Last edited July 5, 2015 3:00 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+7)

(13) + 7 = 20

Jul 5, 2015 3:16 pm
The morning breaks during Cassadra's watch. The rest of the night went without incident and as she rouses you from slumber, you look at the carnage from the night before. Your campsite is littered with the bodies of the fallen. As you rifle through their belongings, which are not much, you find a few objects of value. There are seventy crudely made gold pieces along with a small well carved flute that you could probably get appraised by someone in Agartha. As the party gets their things together, a murder of crows descend on their small clearing and begin to pick at the lizardfolk remains.
Jul 5, 2015 8:19 pm
Alright crew let's get moving. Sun's up and I'm itching to get out of this clearing.

Urki puts his armor on and kisses his dragon tooth for luck.

Who wants to lead? I'll hang back and try to keep a look out behind us. Also, do we want to scale the wall like that goblin wretch mentioned?

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(16) + 3 = 19

Jul 6, 2015 12:20 am
"Let Air Shan show us th'way, maybe 'e can prove his worth today. O' th'mermaid might do it better. An' yeah. O'er the wall makes th'most sense. 't'was good advise from some'ne familiar with the area. I can fly a rope up right quick if'n we need it."
Last edited July 6, 2015 12:20 am
Jul 6, 2015 5:33 am
"Right. Let's be off," says Ai Shan, bright eyed after his rest. "We'll investigate this way up and over and see if that runt was telling us right. The less we're seen on the road to this fortress the better." He sniffs at the lizardfolk he slew last night and looks them over for valuables or other interesting baubles. "They don't look any prettier in the light. Or more appetizing."
Jul 6, 2015 7:42 am
"Obviously, walls don't present a problem for me. As for getting a rope up there for you all to climb, that will hardly take me a moment. Blen did speak of defenses on the wall though. Rock throwers, or other defenses besides. Even if we were to take the defenders by force they would alert the entire fortress. We will have to resort to stealth. We can plan better when we've seen the place but I imagine the best way would be to infiltrate the place under cover of darkness. You could all risk the climb or I could fly you in one by one, set you atop the wall. We would only need to overcome what opposition there is at the top. As quietly as possible. It is said: 'Why destroy when you can win by stealth and cunning?'"
Last edited July 6, 2015 7:53 am
Jul 6, 2015 10:11 am
Cassandra looks from Ai Shan to Feng. They both speak like leaders, but at present they are not in conflict.

"So through the forest we go, me hearties! Can't stand another minute of this stinking f-ing lizards, anyway. I can help with the wall climbing when we get there," she says, waving her glass-tipped staff around significantly.

As she goes, Cassandra relies on her excellent senses, though she has some foreboding about the castle on the rock.

Relying on passive perception. I take it we're going to move at normal speed?
Last edited July 6, 2015 10:12 am
Jul 6, 2015 11:38 pm
You leave the stinking corpses and crows to their meal. The path through the forest that Blen indicated begins to climb at a steep rate as you make your way through the thick maple forest. The maple begins to give way to tall shoots of bamboo that is just as thick if not thicker. There is little noise other than the sounds of your march as you make your way up the mountainside. As you near where the bamboo begins to thin you can here a odd set of noises. A voice in Goblin calls out. Then loud creeking followed by a dull thunk. Then the sounds of harsh laughter. The laughter peters out and is replaced by the sound of heaving and gears creaking. Then the whole set repeats. You aren't sure what lies ahead but you still have the cover of the bamboo if you want to creep up to the scene which is probably a good 100ft away. The bamboo cover ends in about 50ft.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.