The Daimyo's Gambit - Game Thread

load previous
Jun 21, 2015 11:36 pm
Boss is already down. There are still two regular goblins active next to Urki. I will assume that you hit one of them and not the knocked out body of the boss unless you correct me.
Jun 22, 2015 2:01 am
The attack goes about as well as planned. The male goblins throw themselves up against a superior force as hard as they can. Only one goblin remains and as he watches the rest of his troupe fall around him, he tries to make one last desperate attack on Urki.

His attack bounces off Urki's normal armor, not even penetrating through to his magical defenses. As you all look up you can no longer see the other goblins that ran to the north, now lost in the chaos.

themightykobold sent a note to harlandski

Rolls

Gob against Urki - (1d20+4)

(9) + 4 = 13

Gob Damage - (1d4+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Jun 22, 2015 4:47 am
themightykobold says:
Boss is already down. There are still two regular goblins active next to Urki. I will assume that you hit one of them and not the knocked out body of the boss unless you correct me.
Yes...sorry, I need to read more carefully. Pick any other goblin that is attacking Urtki
Last edited June 22, 2015 4:47 am
Jun 22, 2015 5:34 am
My mace in my right hand and my left hand free, I throw my mace to my offhand and grab my dagger.

I aim at the goblin's neck, hoping to dispatch it quickly and let it feel the least pain in it's final moments.

Rolls

Dagger attack - (1d20+6)

(18) + 6 = 24

Dagger damage - (1d4+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Jun 22, 2015 12:19 pm
Last goblin is still standing.
Jun 22, 2015 1:07 pm
Thinking I'd lost track of the initiative order, I scrolled up and realized we didn't roll for initiative at all. So I'm jumping in here and dealing with the final goblin.

Fēng thrusts his spear point forward and swats the remaining goblin once on each side of the head "whap! whap!" and finishes with a straight jab to the throat: The Bear Crushes the Beehive.

Rolls

Spear strike 1 - (1d20+7)

(4) + 7 = 11

Spear strike 1 - (1d20+7)

(7) + 7 = 14

Unarmed strike - (1d20+7)

(14) + 7 = 21

Spear strike 1 damage (non-lethal) - (1d8+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

Spear strike 2 damage (non-lethal) - (1d8+4)

(6) + 4 = 10

Talon strike damage (non-lethal) - (1d6+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Jun 22, 2015 4:22 pm
Cassandra moves to the south side of a tree on the road's edge, and gestures for her comrades to do the same, against trees near to her. When everyone is in position she says in a loud whisper, "Those other green-skinned f-ers have gone and dug themselves in, about 20 fathoms north of the path, hiding under leaves. I say we ring 'em in and find out what they're up to. They've no stomach for a fight, but I want to know what the f they're up to."
Jun 22, 2015 5:23 pm
Fēng replies by quoting Master Shen, "Those skilled in war bring the enemy to the field of battle and are not brought there by the enemy."

"If we seek information we need only rouse these prisoners." he says, lifting the boss goblin by the pack straps. "Perhaps our large & frightening friend can persuade this one to talk." he gestures to Ai Shan.
Jun 23, 2015 2:03 am
Ai Shan taken the goblin leader by the scruff of the neck and shakes him vigorously.

"Wake up you little snotnose. What the bloody hell are you lot up to? Talk or I get to cutting throats."

Rolls

Intimidate (assuming the goblin wakes up) - (1d20+3)

(20) + 3 = 23

Jun 23, 2015 2:47 am
The goblin boss wakes up as Ai Shan shakes him around. As he rouses to the shouting, he looks at the bodies of his comrades, one dead, the others unconscious. Taking it all in, along with the foam flecking from the barbarians mouth as he brandishes the greatsword in one hand, his eyes go wide. "Please, no hurt Blen. Blen will speak. Blen will tell you all you want to know." As you shake him, you can see crisscrossed scars along his skin. "Blen and others, we run. We farmers. My wife, she pregnant. Shimazu, he take sons and daughters. Others too, tired of his soldiers, always cruel, always laughing as they cut off hands and feet if not enough rice is made. We escape, find better life. My family, my clan, we bond together. We see you and grow afraid. I have seen your type before. Always fighting. I figure better to hide. See if you leave." He looks down to the crossbow bolt still sticking from his armor. "I see, I was not wrong. At least our women have gone and we can die good death knowing that you cannot harm them too." Even scared you can see the defiance born of abuse in his eyes and he stares at you accusingly.
Jun 23, 2015 4:46 am
"You draw blood near a shark, the shark will bite," Ai Shan snarls at the goblin. "Tell me about Shimazu's fortress. Everything. Quickly, or I go after the rest of your scampering bilge rats where they're hiding in the trees and write my name in their blood."

I already rolled a 20 for the initial intimidate check. Do I need to roll another?
Last edited June 23, 2015 4:47 am
Jun 23, 2015 12:41 pm
"Ha, you funny. Those who attack first with quaking earth blame us for first blood. You no different than Shimazu. You deserve each other. Village up ahead, maybe one more day up road. Fortress well protected. Throw rocks from on high. Use farmers as target practice when bored. Mountain has deep trench that spirals up to top. Then rope bridge to actual home. Do not know much about home besides the Widow of the Coals. That is the true reason none have the power to oppose Shimazu. She watches over family. All said about her is whispers. None know truth. But me know she is reason they take the newborns. There is way around mountain if you no take road. Go through forest. High ground may let you approach to rock throwers without being seen. Have heard that you can climb up mountain to get to mansion but very dangerous. Would need four arms to defend self and hold rocks. This is all I know. Now let go or show your true nature. I have seen the face of Shimazu in yours. Lords of war all same."
Jun 23, 2015 1:03 pm
Fēng touches Ai Shan's arm and gently frees the goblin from the big man''s grasp. "This was a mistake, Blen. We regret our part in it. Shimazu is a blight on this land that has afflicted all." The monk helps the goblin up. "You and yours have nothing to fear from us any longer. Go in peace. Leave it to us to war on the warmonger."
Jun 23, 2015 4:23 pm
"Before we let you miserable grobi go, tell me this abou' the Witch o'Coals...Does she reside wit'in the fortress itself? Or does she keep herself away?"
Jun 23, 2015 5:20 pm
Cassandra puts her shield on her back, puts one hand on her wounded side and closes her eyes for a fraction of a second, reaching out her senses to hear the nearest stream or underground water source. Healing energies flow through her body.

She glances over her companions for wounds - healing, anybody? - and goes over the unconscious and bleeding out goblins, stabilizing those she can.
Last edited June 23, 2015 5:22 pm

Rolls

Cure wounds (1st level slot) on self - (1d8+4)

(6) + 4 = 10

Wisdom (Medicine) on Goblins - (1d20+7)

(6) + 7 = 13

Jun 23, 2015 5:48 pm
Fēng helps Cassandra tend to the wounded, party members and goblins alike. Afterwards he brings out his war-fan and spends a half hour in meditative forms to regather his ki.

OOC:
Like this
Last edited June 23, 2015 8:52 pm
Jun 23, 2015 6:25 pm
Urki watches the team patch up goblins and chat with the leader. It's like they have never seen a horde of battle hardened goblins before.

Urki looks at his side and sees he was cut by a dull blade. "It hurts" he thinks to himself. He should do something about that.

Urki leaves everyone else and especially the goblins to their own devices. Goblins don't believe in Olladra and they can't be trusted he doesn't feel the need to mingle with them but will keep an ear out for information.

Rolls

Cure Wounds (Life Domain) - (1d8+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Jun 23, 2015 8:36 pm
"Ah, not witch. The Widow. She scary monster that hide under goblin children's beds. My mother say, 'be good or Widow will find you.' Hobgoblins have order of warriors. Believe in honor. All women. All married to blade and fire and no man. When one dies, she is given new armor and is buried as Widow of the Coals. My mother say, when I was young, this Widow not stay buried. Had been there since before she was child. Others say I lie but I know, Shimazu he take our children, he take our children to her. Some he let stay. Never know when he will come. But I know it is soon. My wife, my child, will not be taken." He begins to help his goblin comrades to their feet. He looks at the one hit by the eldritch blast (can't nonlethal with ranged), "This Grin. Always smiling. No longer. Come," he motions to some of his goblins, "we bury before we leave." The goblins use their makeshift clubs and shields to dig a shallow grave and place Grin in it before covering him with dirt and leaves, doing their best to leave little sign of the grave. Blen finds his wakizashi and bows his head to Fēng, Cassandra, and Kildrak while avoiding eye contact with Ai Shan and Urki. They ready themselves to keep moving.
Jun 23, 2015 9:58 pm
"We can'na know if that grobi is tell in' the whole of the truth, but tha' bit about this 'Widow' was a good bit'o info. Could just be a wives tale, but more likely it is an undead creture. Many types o'dem feed on the flesh. Saved us a nasty surprise 'e did. Almost makes me feel bad 'or offin' 'is man...heh almost. They're not like to find much better down the 'ill. But I guess they got'a try."

With that Kildrak re-slings his axe and pockets his crystal and makes his way back to the cart and goats.
Jun 24, 2015 3:23 am
Ai Shan smirks and sheathes his sword, walking over to pick up the javelin he dropped at the start of the fighting. He twirls it idly between his fingers and watches the goblins retreat with a wary eye.

"Should have killed them. Many a wanderer has been stabbed in the dark after leaving those wretches at their back." He pauses a second and glances briefly at the others. "Still, that is good information, if it is even half true. Scaling the walls is a good idea if such an ascent exists, and a fair warning about walking dead. We should enter the forest and get off the road as soon as we can. If they're refugees, they are probably not the only ones, and desperate people are trouble."
Last edited June 24, 2015 3:24 am
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.