The Daimyo's Gambit - Game Thread

load previous
Nov 22, 2016 5:17 am
Trip attack save

Rolls

Strength Save - (1d20+7)

(12) + 7 = 19

Nov 22, 2016 5:31 am
Tonton surprises the Widow with his trick and she watches as he heals his master enough for the Samurai to stand against her once more. Utamuro strikes without fail but the Widow is too strong to fall. As the other attacks come in, she raises her arm, absorbing the third hit that would have otherwise have landed squarely on the nape of her neck. However, Utamuro can feel his blade scrape bone, and as she retracts her blocking arm, the party can clearly see a trail of black blood streaming from her wound. Just when the onslaught is finished, Feng flies out of the burning house, trails of smoke and embers streaming behind him as he shouts to Utamuro and launches his talons into the Widow. Three more quick hits drive into her and she falls to one knee, trying to block the hits but failing.

Utamuro strikes for 30hp worth of damage and Feng follows up with 26hp worth. You all have done 132 points of damage to the widow.
Nov 22, 2016 5:37 am
But...it is just barely not enough.

The Widow, kneeling, begins to make a hoarse sound, almost as if her lungs have collapse and she is trying to heave one of them up in a coughing fit. It takes you all just a moment too long to realize that she is laughing, aided in that deduction by the smile that creeps on to her face. You glimpse it as she turns her head askance and brings her eyes up to the three adventurers. Strike me down, but I will rise. I will hunt you and I will hunt your children. I will hunt your generations backwards and forwards until you are not even a memory in the pages of history! With the last threat, she jumps up with her sword and strikes at Utamuro and Feng hoping to bring them both low for their combined savagery.

The Widow renegerates 10hp and then strikes out with her Flame Brand.

Rolls

Attack 1 vs Utamuro - (1d20+7)

(19) + 7 = 26

Sword damage 1 - (1d8)

(5) = 5

Fire Brand + Vengeance 1 - (6d6)

(255455) = 26

Attack 2 vs Feng - (1d20+7)

(10) + 7 = 17

Sword damage 2 - (1d8)

(4) = 4

Fire Brand + Vengeance 2 - (6d6)

(624641) = 23

Nov 22, 2016 5:44 am
The Widow's fiery sword cuts through the defenses of her foes. A freshly cauterized wound strikes Utamuro across the chest. Tonton watches as his master falls for a second time. The collapse of his master is followed by that of the monk as the Widow flicks her blade into his gut, turning her body to catch him full in the stomach. Tonton watches as the light begins to fade from his eyes. The Widow turns to the Ninja, her face locked in a maniacal grin as the laughter continues to wrench itself out of her body in phlegmy waves.
Nov 22, 2016 5:45 am
Heroes turn. The Widow is barely clinging to life . . . and perhaps her sanity.
Nov 22, 2016 6:50 am
Lacking any other recourse, Tonton picks up the blade thrown by Fēng and readies it. "Seichō shimasu," he intones, and lashes out with the sword. Fearing retaliation, he reacts to dodge the Widow's counterattack.
OOC:
Does the command word make it into a greatsword? If so, I am not proficient in it.

If the Widow retaliates, I'm using Uncanny Dodge.

Rolls

Widow's sword vs Widow, Damage - (1d20-1, 2d6-1)

1d20-1 : (12) - 1 = 11

2d6-1 : (54) - 1 = 8

Nov 22, 2016 1:11 pm
OOC:
Death save!

Rolls

Death Save - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Nov 22, 2016 2:10 pm
OOC:
Death save 1. Yikes!
Last edited November 22, 2016 2:11 pm

Rolls

Death save 1 - (1d20)

(3) = 3

You do not have permission to post in this thread.