5th Section Barracks

load previous
Jan 22, 2018 7:05 pm
Puntah smiles broadly, a shifting of the cottony beard that reveals wide, even teeth.

"We’ll be better than fine! Nothing gets the mind racing better than a good tussle. We gnomes may look gentle of spirit, but fear not. We can throw a good wallop when ‘tis needed."

He winks, knowingly, tapping the hand axe tucked into his belt.
Last edited January 29, 2018 1:24 am
Jan 23, 2018 6:13 am
Leothorn smiles and nods at Puntah.

"Well said Puntah!"

He turns to Kade and anyone else who is listening.

"You have no IDEA how many books about fisticuffs I've read in preparation for this mission†! But if anyone has any pointers or tips, I'd be happy to listen."
† It was 183, which included the Monster Manual for 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons, but don't tell Mardav that.
Last edited January 23, 2018 6:15 am
Jan 23, 2018 1:17 pm
Chastity shifted in his seat, barely able to suppress his snort at Devochka's barb about Charlie.

Yes Zabiyaka, Charlie did prefer my southern trips. Always said you were a little too - ah what was the word - frigid. he said with a smirk as he collected his thoughts in preparation for touching down. Though which way is south would be really good to know. Maybe if we just head where the other groups don't, we'll be good.
Jan 25, 2018 2:00 am
Ryvelli leans into Leothorn and whispers to him
HypCo sent a note to lenpelletier
He leans back and retakes his slouched position in his seat.
Jan 25, 2018 2:09 am
Puntah chuckles, a high-pitched warbling that tapers off into a fading trickle of giggles.

"My tip one would be: Don't take fisticuffs to a sword fight. Tip two is don't take a sword to a gunfight. Tip three: Well, tip three involves fire and explosives..."

He revs up into a second gale of chuckling laughter...
Last edited January 25, 2018 2:10 am
Jan 25, 2018 6:37 am
Len sent a note to HypCo
Leothorn rapidly copies down this torrent of advice in his notebook.
[ +- ] Leothorn's notes
Anyone else?
Last edited January 25, 2018 6:38 am
Jan 26, 2018 1:20 am
HypCo sent a note to lenpelletier
OOC:
I absolutely love Leothorn! He is so adorable, I just want to put him in my pocket and take him everywhere I go.

Len

Jan 26, 2018 5:43 pm
OOC:
[ +- ] Aww shucks
Also, kudos to Cruvis and his portrayal of Puntah! I worried at first I was using up all the Gnome tropes and taking the spotlight from Puntah, but Cruvis has done a great job of differentiating Puntah to be the older, wiser Gnome without losing the mischievous twinkle in his eye. It's probably a less glamorous role to play but requires a lot more skill and I wanted to mention to Cruvis at some point how awesome Puntah is.

Also, Kade has played a great setup man for Leothorn's antics, in addition to telling his own compelling story. I am getting really spoiled here.
Last edited January 26, 2018 5:45 pm
Jan 28, 2018 7:55 pm
Devochka moves her hand, pa first, towards her brother's face, ready to give him some shock therapy when Puntah sums up his tips and she turns her attention to him.
Hmm, fire and explosives, things just got interesting. What about ice and electricity? Where would you place those in your fight analysis?
OOC:
Since yesterday I really REALLY want Leothorn and Puntah to do the "two dwarves in a coat dancing scene"
from Sneeuwwitje. I really see it all happening with Leothorn moving his feet with a bit too much enthusiasm and determination while Puntah's sombrero wobbles around on his head.

And I really love the way the characters are being shown/played/made to come alive. Makes me feel bad about not being able to put more effort in to achieve the same the past few weeks. When I'm done with being in pain I'll bring back my a-game, pinky promise!
Jan 29, 2018 12:42 am
OOC:
Total crap-out here, ae_dd, but who can resist an opportunity to quote Frost?
Puntah pulls his sunhat off his woolly pate and cradles it in his lap, reaching up briefly to scratch at the reddened ring on his forehead created by the irritating hatband. His eyes gleam, as he recites something he once penned, a poem formed and memorized from the words of a revered elder, delved from long-ago memories.

"I once had the extreme priviledge to hear an elder dragon speak about his thoughts on The End Days. Master Niv-Mizzet, he was called. Right brilliant wyrm... I paraphrased it in this rhyme."

"Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice."

His aquamarine eyes twinkle with gratitude for the young tiefling. For what gnome would not be completely tickled to have the opportunity to share his idle musings?
OOC:
Thanks all! No effort in role-playing can go anywhere without a solid group of creative writers who create a canvas and palette to tell a story. ae_dd, do not be hard on yourself. We will all experience missed opportunities to create our best examples. Life is just like that. Puntah's character will surely wax and wane throughout this adventure, depending upon where I am in real life any given moment. Cheers!
Last edited January 29, 2018 1:30 am
Jan 29, 2018 6:22 pm
Kade sits in his seat shifting nervously ready to have landed already. Upon hearing Puntah's words he smiles though
Yo, ho, haul together, hoist the colors high.
Yo, ho thieves and beggers, never shall we die.

He sits back in his seat clearly beginning to relax and be at ease hearing his own words and slowly closes his eyes humming.
Jan 30, 2018 2:52 am
The sound of music, even drowned through the torrent of rushing of wind, makes Puntah's eyes sparkle with a rare opportunity, never to be passed up.

"Ye haven't met Dulcinea yet, friends!"

Reaching into a shoulder bag, the tiny gnome wrestles out a silvery, thin-framed, steel, lute-type instrument. In addition to the expected fret-board and strings, this exotic instrument displays an array of white ivory keys, a brassy fly-wheel, and multiple alloy drone strings. A crank at the base of the body fits neatly into the gnome's tiny right hand. He begins spinning the crank in undulating rhythms, creating a synchopated beat, as he accompanies the seaman's simple chanty. His fingers dance and clatter, deftly across the array of rectangular buttons, typing out a bright and lively jig.

He whoops and yelps appreciatively, all the while allowing the sailor to relive a musical moment from his glorious travels at sea.
OOC:
The 'jig' is up! This Priest of Gond is a Divine Bard. ;)
Last edited January 30, 2018 3:00 am
Jan 30, 2018 9:42 pm
Made remains still in his seat. Those listening close enough to his him pick up the soft sound of waves in the distance before he sings another verse.

Now some have died
and some are alive
and others sail on sea
with the keys to the cage
and the Devil to pay
we lay to Fiddler's Green.

His voice sounds as you might expect a pirates to but as he sings his words rise and fall as if they were waves crashing into a shear cliff.
Jan 31, 2018 3:23 pm
Chastity taps his toes as the singing picks up. Far too much water talk for my tastes, I run a bit - hotter - than that. But nice song there Kade! Always helps to keep singing. Just keep singing mate!
Jan 31, 2018 10:40 pm
Devochka smiles at the poetry, but her attention is quickly grabbed by Kade's singing. She shifts a bit in her seat, a predatory hunger burning deep in her eyes. She quirks a corner of her mouth before purring in a smooth and luscious voice, her eyes fixated on Kade. Oh I like to think adding some water to my hotness can only make things - steamy....
Feb 1, 2018 3:44 pm
Leothorn taps his foot to the beat of his comrades' songs, smiling in delight as he realizes this mission is turning into a musical!
Feb 1, 2018 11:55 pm
At Devochka's words, his cheeks start to slowly turn from blue to a darker blue-green color. Are we there yet? Nervousness in his voice.
Feb 3, 2018 8:46 pm
Oh! I know how we can pass the time!"

Leothorn embiggens the Engineer Case that contains the team's supplies. As the Thopter careens dangerously to one side, he pulls out a pair of boxes with blinking lights and four wired helmets apiece. He places one of the cubes in the middle of the cabin and shrinks the case, just in time to allow the Thopter to recover.

As everyone watches, he places one of the four helmets on his head. The box suddenly creates a lovely illusion of Leothorn floating above it, rendered in luminous shades of blue. He is standing in a plain circular room with a diameter of 50 feet.

"It's a training simulator! Anyone want to take on Team Bravo?! Two versus two!" Leothorn nudges a helmet toward Kade to join his 'team'

The second cube is powered down but could easily be picked up by another 4 contestants.
OOC:
Mardav, when you return, feel free to put an end to this mini game and move on with the story.
Feb 3, 2018 9:35 pm
Devochka lunges for one of the other helmets the second Leothorn is done talking. I'm sorry little man but you're going down! Come on Momo, let's show them how it's done!

She puts on her helmet, joining Leothorn in the circular room. Wicked.... So everything I can do in real life I can do here to? How does that work?! Or, you know, I don't think I want to know... Just tell me if I need to do something special!
Feb 4, 2018 1:08 am
You just need to believe, Devochka! Once you do, the magic will discover your abilities and you can use them within the illusory world without depleting your energy in real life.

Just remember, if you die in the game, you die in real life too! Oh wait, it looks like they patched that bug. Nevermind! :D
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.