Chapter 7: To Gravenhollow

load previous
Mar 31, 2018 12:08 am
Melpomene determines much the same information as Hunter did.
Mar 31, 2018 1:56 am
"What! Can't you make it disappear? Like the other ones?"
Mar 31, 2018 2:34 am
"Not so simple," Hunter explains, setting her feet. "This is not just a demon, it's a demon lord! The others we've faced are fodder compared to this one. Still, maybe I can delay it a bit."

Picking one of the glyphs floating before her, Hunter twists her fingers in a circle around it, illuminating it brightly. She mutters, "You should be running now."
OOC:
How high is the ceiling of this cavern? And how far away are the demons and The Dark Prince?
Mar 31, 2018 3:22 am
OOC:
The ceiling here is about 20 feet high, the demons are about 40 feet away, still engaged with the soldiers, and the Prince is about 60 feet away, just beyond the line of demons and soldiers
Mar 31, 2018 6:04 am
CancerMan sent a note to Naatkinson
"Fisk!" Hunter calls out. "Tell your men to disengage and fall back!"

As her glyph continues to brighten, Hunter traces her finger along the outer circle. She says to the party, "Find us a way out of here. We'll get back on course once we've left these fiends behind."

Finally, Hunter presses the glowing symbol and the light flashes out towards the battle line, where it sinks into the ground between the demons and the soldiers. With a rumble, a Wall of Stone erupts from below, rising up to the ceiling of the cavern and stretching across to seal off the passage.
[ +- ] Hunter's Statistics
Apr 1, 2018 7:52 pm
Although relieved the others have decided that running is the best option, Elfog still spits in disgust before doing so. "We could've taking 'im" he lies, joining the others in the hasty retreat.
OOC:
Elfog's speed is 17' a round, so he'll fall behind the other pretty quickly.
Apr 3, 2018 6:49 pm
OOC:
Hunter's Wild Magic Roll!

Rolls

Wild Magic - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Apr 3, 2018 7:02 pm
Suddenly cut off from the enemy, Fisk and his men fall in behind you as you begin to move out. You can see that many of them are shaken by how close they came to Graz'zt.

From the corridor, you hear clawing and screeching as the demons try to bust their way through. Suddenly you hear an amused laugh and a tremendous crash. Hunter can feel that the wall has been breached.

From behind you, you can hear the sound of howling demons and that cold laugh coming upon you. As you push on further, you encounter a patch of rough ground that threatens to slow your progress.
OOC:
Going to do this as a chase scene!

Each player needs to roll a DC 12 Acrobatics check. If half or more of you pass, then your group manages to keep moving without slowing down. If more than half fail the check, then you are slowed down and the enemies get closer!
Apr 3, 2018 7:32 pm
Hunter tries to smooth out as much of the ground as possible with Mold Earth, though she knows the cantrip is limited and the group is too large and trying to move too fast. Still, every bit helps, right?

Even if she ends up falling behind?

Rolls

Acrobatics - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Wild Magic from Wall of Stone - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Apr 3, 2018 11:51 pm
Terrified, Melpomene dances over the rough stone.

Rolls

Acrobatics - (1d20+6)

(18) + 6 = 24

Apr 4, 2018 11:47 am
I keep on running, seemingly not noticing or being affected by the rough terrain.
OOC:
Ring of Free Action
Apr 5, 2018 12:46 am
Breathing hard, Elfog does his best to keep up with the others.

Rolls

Acrobatics - (1d20+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

Apr 5, 2018 12:58 pm
OOC:
Sarith and Mai'ngor Acrobatics

Rolls

Sarith Acrobatics - (1d20+8)

(3) + 8 = 11

Mai'ngor Acrobatics - (1d20+9)

(3) + 9 = 12

Apr 5, 2018 3:31 pm
As you pass over the uneven ground, a couple of you stumble. Through the quick reflexes of your companions, you manage to keep pace with the rest of the group and proceed get your footing back as you leave the rough patch.

Veering around a rocky outcropping as you round a corner, you hear the demons smash into it. Howls and the shattering of stone can be heard from down the corridor behind you.

Moving swiftly through the corridors, you eventually hear the demons howling behind you receding into the background and you hear screams from another creature that you haven't heard before. It seems that they came across the path of some denizens of the underdark and were distracted.

Do you want to keep running, or do you want to slow down?
Apr 5, 2018 4:34 pm
"When they finish with that poor soul, they'll come after us," gasps Hunter, trying to catch her breath. "Sarith, find us a path out of here and as far from them as possible. But mind our ultimate destination, Gravenhollow."
OOC:
My vote is to keep running
Apr 6, 2018 1:28 am
"Not sure how much more I can take of this." Elfog admits, gasping for breath. "Rather die fightin' than running!"
OOC:
Elfog will continue to run... reluctantly.
Apr 9, 2018 9:52 am
Mai'ngor flees with the others. Calling on the spirits of his ancestors for aid, he casts a spel on Elfog so the dwarf doesn't fall behind.
OOC:
Casting Longstrider on Elfog.
Apr 9, 2018 8:30 pm
Mai'ngor's spell helps Elfog keep up slightly better, though he still feels extremely exhausted.

Sarith leads you away at as quick a pace as you can follow, with him returning to sight only long enough to point out the best path forward. After what seems like hours, he appears in the tunnel before you, "I think we've gone far enough," he says, then turns to Hunter, "I'm sorry, but I couldn't focus on Gravenhollow, so I don't know if we're neared than we were or not. Plus, she has the necklace," he says, pointing to Melpomene, "We can get back on track after we've rested a bit, though, as long as we're safe.".
Apr 9, 2018 8:38 pm
"That's fine," says Hunter between breaths. "I just wanted to get out of there. Is... is everyone here?"
Apr 11, 2018 8:08 pm
After a quick headcount, you find that all of Fisk's men are accounted for and mostly unharmed, as well as all of your companions. You're all very tired after your long run, with the possible exception of Mai'ngor and Sarith, who seem to have an almost unfair amount of stamina.
load next

Thread locked