Chapter 7: To Gravenhollow

load previous
Apr 11, 2018 11:03 pm
Leaning over, his hands on his knees, Elfog takes a long breath. "Needing a rest!" he says, slowly standing straight, looking over the surroundings.

"Everyone good with settling down here for a bit?"
Apr 12, 2018 3:28 am
"Yeah yeah, get some sleep." I lean against the nearest rock wall, finding comfort in its solid, jagged form as I contemplate how to keep my friends alive for the next battle, and any battles after that. Clearing my mind of the day's activities and stresses, the sound of distant chittering and a cold, welcome breeze finally lull me to sleep.

Moofsalot sent a note to Naatkinson
Last edited April 13, 2018 2:24 am
Apr 12, 2018 6:16 am
Hunter tries to straighten her posture. "Let's set up camp, then. Elfog, you need to sleep through; I'll take your watch."
Apr 12, 2018 9:26 am
Tail still twitching with anxiety, Melpomene offers to take the first watch.
Apr 12, 2018 10:32 pm
"I can pull me own..." Elfog starts to protest as he falls into a deep sleep.
Apr 13, 2018 8:49 pm
The "night", though very tense, passes without incident and you wake up slightly more refreshed that before.
Apr 13, 2018 8:56 pm
Moofsalot sent a note to Naatkinson
Apr 15, 2018 9:09 pm
Waking up hard after a bit of rest, Elfog rolls to his side and grumbles under his breath. Sitting up he leans back on his hands. "My turn for watch?" he asks, hoping the answer is "no".
[ +- ] Elfog's Status
Last edited April 15, 2018 9:10 pm
Apr 15, 2018 9:34 pm
Hunter waves her hands across her robes, cleansing them magically of dust and dirt. "Aye," she answers, running her hands through her hair to set things the way she intends. "Watch your step as we walk."
Apr 15, 2018 11:19 pm
Naatkinson sent a note to Moofsalot
Apr 16, 2018 3:35 am
I mutter under my breath, rubbing a fine dust in my palms as I walk with purpose past Elfog. Turning abruptly, I grab him by the shoulder and shake him. "Pick up your feet. You keep moving and you’ll be fine."
[ +- ] Casting Greater Restoration
Apr 16, 2018 8:03 am
Mai'ngor nods wordlessly to Elfog. The tikbalang is ready to move.
Apr 16, 2018 9:15 am
Melpomene holds the pendant and concentrates, looking for the way forward once more. She hopes that no-one notices how much her hands shake as she does so.
Apr 17, 2018 1:34 am
The shot of energy that flows through him instantly lifts both Elfog's spirit and stamina. "That did the trick now. Ya have ma thanks!"

Making sure Tolvihar is securely hooked to his back, he nods back to Mai'ngor, and is ready to move.
Apr 17, 2018 7:18 pm
With Elfog feeling much better, you begin moving again, following the path shown to you by the amulet.

For the next 45 days, you travel through the lightless corridors of the Underdark, occasionally encountering monsters, but thankfully no more demons.

"There's something ahead, be cautious, I will be watching," Sarith reports one day as you are following the amulet's guidance.

As you round a corner, you see a many-legged reptile stretch out as if it has been sitting for a long while, avoiding your eyes as it looks to the rocky floor at your feet. "About time you lot arrived! Come! The library bid me guide you to the gates, and I've waited too long for you already."
OOC:
Anyone can roll an Arcana check to see if they know what the creature is!
Apr 17, 2018 7:21 pm
I look at the creature curiously.

Rolls

Arcana check - (1d20+5)

(17) + 5 = 22

Apr 17, 2018 7:31 pm
"I apologize for our lateness," Hunter says, giving a curtsy from her saddle before urging her lizard mount forward, "and thank you for your continued patience."

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20+5)

(20) + 5 = 25

Apr 18, 2018 4:47 pm
Hunter and Xeliss both recognize this as a basilisk, a creature that can turn a man to stone with merely a look. That explains why it keeps staring at the ground rather than at you.
Apr 18, 2018 9:34 pm
I stop looking at the creature.
Apr 18, 2018 10:17 pm
Hunter follows the many-legged creature silently, though her excitement at having finally reached their destination is evident on her face.
load next

Thread locked