Chapter 7: To Gravenhollow

load previous
May 25, 2018 4:23 pm
"My former mentor warned me about control. I still struggle with it," Hunter says, sighing with a mixture of melancholy and frustration. "At least we have an idea of how it all started. Now, how do we stop it?"

She pinches her thumbnail into her fingertips as she mulls over her own thoughts. "Strange that you heard a woman. Perhaps this drow wizard's matron? Finding pleasure with the release of demons tells me that she has manipulated the man into doing so, or otherwise stands to benefit from his action. I wish I knew why."

Hunter holds her hand out for the crystal. "Let me try again. Perhaps with the specific question in mind, I will have a better focus." She begins to think about drow matrons and their ties to the Abyss as part of her attempts at attunement.[/b]
CancerMan sent a note to Naatkinson
May 25, 2018 11:53 pm
Melpomene passes the crystal over without a word, hopeful that her companion will learn more of the secrets it holds.
May 30, 2018 2:02 am
As Hunter begins to focus on the gem once again, she can feel a soft pounding in her skull. Trying to push past the mental block, she forces her mind to go further and further back into the past, trying to draw it forth to view.

Suddenly, there's a loud ripping noise and a bright flash of light. You can all suddenly smell the scent of the sea mixed with flowers, fresh fruit, and baked bread. When your vision clears, you see that someone new is in the room with you; a young attractive woman of maybe eighteen sits, confused, on the ground in front of Hunter, long brunette hair cascading down her shoulders is luxurious curls.

More shocking, however, is the fact that she's totally naked. None of you save Hunter recognize the girl immediately, though it hits those of you who saw Hunter's transformation before: Elayna

Wha... what happened? Where am I?" she stammers out, looking confused and scared.
May 30, 2018 4:53 am
Hunter drops the crystal and grabs the side of her head, probing the mass of her hair into unkempt tangles as she wildly checks whether or not she has a hole in her skull.

"You," she declares, staring wide-eyed at Elayna. Carefully, Hunter reaches out to point a finger at the sitting girl and leans gingerly forward until she can touch Elayna's skin.
May 30, 2018 8:44 am
"What...what sorcery or trickery is this?!" Mai'ngor looks about wildly for one of the stone or giant keepers of this place.
Last edited May 30, 2018 8:45 am
May 30, 2018 9:18 am
Melpomene takes off her cloak and swirls it about the naked woman. She looks to Hunter with wordless questioning.
May 31, 2018 12:52 pm
The young woman gratefully takes the cloak without looking at Melpomene. Her eyes are instead locked on Hunter, "Hunter? Is that you?" she asks, sounding confused and unsure.

Hunter's head feels clear for the first time in months, and the weight around her neck from the amulet no longer seems to be so heavy. And, thankfully, she doesn't have any new holes in her head.

Looking around, Mai'ngor doesn't see anyone nearby except for his companions.
May 31, 2018 4:04 pm
Hunter pokes Elayna's shoulder, wondering if this is merely an apparition. She then offers her hand to pull the young woman to her feet. "Nice to meet you... again."
CancerMan sent a note to Naatkinson
May 31, 2018 4:07 pm
Elayne reaches out and grasps Hunter's hand solidly, allowing the sorceress to help her to her feet. Suddenly overwhelmed by the situation, she throws herself forward, gripping Hunter tightly about the waist and sobbing uncontrollably.

Naatkinson sent a note to CancerMan
May 31, 2018 4:28 pm
"Oh-kay, we're doing this," says Hunter, momentarily taken by surprise. She returns the embrace, nestles Elayna against her shoulder, and rubs her back. She whispers comfort, letting the other woman take her time in getting settled.

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20+5)

(7) + 5 = 12

Jun 4, 2018 5:10 pm
Hunter holds the younger woman, her mind spinning. Try as she might, she can't figure out what may have caused the sudden appearance of Elayna in the flesh.
Jun 8, 2018 7:18 pm
A few moments later, a large stone creature the same type as Hourm enters, "Is everything alright in here?" it asks, looking around for danger, "We felt a new life force enter the room here."
Jun 12, 2018 3:58 am
Xeliss stares down the girl, expecting a betrayal at any moment.

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Jun 15, 2018 7:06 pm
Xeliss keeps an eye on Elayna, expecting some sort of trouble. She doesn't sense any sort of malicious intent from the girl, though.

After a few minutes, the girls releases Hunter and gives her a grateful smile, "I'm not quite sure what's going on here," she says to the stone creature, "I just kind of... showed up, I guess."

The creature looks around at you to see if you agree with her story.
Jun 15, 2018 7:16 pm
"Everyone, this is Elayna," says Hunter. "She and I met quite a while ago, though I am as surprised as all of you at meeting again."

Hunter turns to the other woman. "Are you all right?"
Jun 15, 2018 11:33 pm
Melpomene nods at the creature, "She appeared while we were using the crystal."
Jun 16, 2018 12:12 am
"The girl from the necklace," Mai'ngor murmurs. "But how?"
Jun 19, 2018 3:30 am
Elayna nods to Hunter, "Just overwhelmed is all," she says with a tremulous smile.

The stone creature gives a somewhat puzzled look, "But you are not in danger?" it asks, then shakes its head, "This is very strange..."

After a moment, it shrugs - an oddly mortal gesture - and speaks again, "Perhaps I could take her to the Keepers? They may know what happened that brought her here"
Jun 19, 2018 5:11 pm
Hunter hands the crystal over to whomever wishes it next, or back to Melpomene. "I think that is a good idea," she says. "I will accompany her, if that is all right?"
load next

Thread locked