LMoP game thread

load previous
Jul 17, 2015 3:06 pm
Medve walks back towards the cart where he sees Travok working on Shane. "Hope you're feeling better, friend. If you're in need of any more healing please ask."
Last edited July 19, 2015 4:01 pm
Jul 17, 2015 5:57 pm
Salix checks the goblins for valuables and the looks at the trail.
"If we hide the wagon, it should be well enough for us to investigate. It seems these goblins have chosen this area as their robbing ground. We should see what other treasure they've taken. "
Jul 18, 2015 12:19 am
Shane thanks Travok for the care and Medve for the kind words.

"That's a great idea Salix! I bet they had some useful gear... or coin!"

Shane will search the dead and incapacitated goblins.
Last edited July 18, 2015 12:23 am

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+2)

(9) + 2 = 11

Jul 18, 2015 7:04 am
Here is what you find loosely strung about their bodies and torn clothing:
3 tatty, old but useful goblin scimitars
2 grubby shortbows, perhaps stolen
33cp
19 black feathered arrows, not badly made
Some pages ripped out of an accounting journal of 'Lionshield Coster'

You conceal the wagon in the wooded section and have a good feeling about the path away from the ambush site. Perhaps you will save the captives in time.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Jul 18, 2015 10:16 pm
"Some of this probably belonged to Gundren. Let's stash it in the cart for now, there is little time to waste!"

While searching the goblins, Shane attempts to pocket the pages out of the 'Lionshield Coster' accounting journal. Gundren seemed like a good enough fellow. But Shane knows that all those who journey have secrets, and he would hate to think that this attack was a setup.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Jul 19, 2015 12:26 pm
You watch Shane pocket the already dog-eared papers, trying to conceal his action but hampered by the rosy, bright weather. They might be useful to the group later.
Jul 19, 2015 4:05 pm
Medve doesn't find any of items turned up in the search of any interest and will leave the others take whatever they may want. Looking up he notices Shane's feeble attempt to stash some pages from what appears to be a book but doesn't act on it in any way.
Jul 20, 2015 2:05 pm
"Well comrades, shall we venture forth? What of this goblin fiend?" Travok gestures to the bound goblin. "Does anyone speak the beast's vile tongue wish to question it before it faces Torm's justice?"
Jul 20, 2015 4:42 pm
With the cart stashed away safely, Temerity jumped from the seat and moved to stand alongside Travok. "He's a goblin. I've yet to meet one that wouldnt stab you in the back the moment you turn away. I say end him here so he wouldnt be able to harm others again." He wasn't planning to be the one to kill the goblin though, as he turned away to see Shane very poorly attempting to pocket some papers. "I do hope you will at least share the information tht is contained on those, friend." A smile came from the tiefling for a moment. "We should hurry, for every moment spent standing here talking is another moment that could bring the end to our mutual friend Gundren."
Jul 20, 2015 5:37 pm
The path is clear to you as you set off, carved recklessly through the woodland, and becomes sparse past the ambush site. Grasslands and loose, gentle hills conceal the path from a distance but it is easy enough to follow, for the goblins seem to have been busy on this path of late.

Please specify marching order
Jul 20, 2015 10:12 pm
"I can either take the lead or guard from behind as is desired. This is my kind of terrain!" Meddle offers to the others.
Jul 20, 2015 11:28 pm
"I shall lead us. Stay close Medve, I would benefit from your keen druidic eyes."

Travok winces slightly from the arrow wound he took in the previous battle, but marches forward, boldly towards whatever enemy may await.
Jul 20, 2015 11:49 pm
Shane addresses Temerity:

"Well of course I would never withhold information that could be beneficial to the group! I... was just tucking these away to look over later. There's no time to waste reading them now!"

Shane marches behind Travok, but out to the side by a few feet so he can still keep watch of the surroundings.
Jul 21, 2015 1:52 am
"As you wish, Travok". Noticing the slight wince from his companion he ask, "If you're in need of healing I might be of some assistance."
Jul 21, 2015 1:58 am
"The cowards did but sting me, and I must save Torm's blessings in case further battle finds us this day. That being said," Travok will barely crack a slight grin, "we might travel faster were this wound already knitted."

OOC:If you've the magics to spare Medve, Travok will accept, saving his last Cure in case we need it later in the day
Last edited July 21, 2015 1:59 am
Jul 21, 2015 2:11 am
Taking the hint Medve quietly recites a few druidic works and places his hand on the back of Travok's shoulder.

Rolls

Cure Wounds - (1d8+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Jul 21, 2015 1:17 pm
You walk for some 10 minutes down the goblin trail. Travok notices a snare trap set up between an overhanging branch and the ground. It was not particularly well hidden, but could have been a severe set-back for a lone wanderer, who could have spent some time hanging upside down before the goblin scouts found them. Your group, however, can now simply walk around it.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Jul 21, 2015 1:27 pm
Salix takes one of the bows and a quiver of arrows, "Just in case." He falls into place behind the others as they follow the trail into the forest.
Jul 21, 2015 5:56 pm
"Torm bless you Medve, your powers of nature have rejuvenated me for whatever challenges lie ahead." Travok stretches out, testing the wound. "Aye, it feels good."
Jul 23, 2015 9:24 am
10 more minutes of walking pass. Perhaps the freedom from injury let Travok forget that this was a dangerous path. The ground beneath starts to give way, and Shane watches Travok drop rapidly into a 6ft wide pit trap!

Travok is able to avert the fall quite easily now he is healed, avoiding the sheer 10ft drop by ducking low and grabbing support on the dirt ground, his legs dangling in the pit. The walls are not steep, so climbing out should be easy.

It seems the goblins were expecting someone to find this path and follow it.

Rolls

Travok Dex save - (1d20+1)

(16) + 1 = 17

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.