A Time to Harvest - Chapter Four

load previous
Apr 12, 2018 1:25 am
Clive wanders back over to the edge of the porch...seemingly deep in thought. Are there any more rumors of hauntings in the area. There is just so much "strangeness" to this town... (He murmurs the last sentence under his breath.
Apr 12, 2018 8:53 am
"At times late at night I seen weird lights and heard strange sounds coming from the hills I believe there’s a way into Hell up there I’ve heard growling like a mad dog, bleating like a sheep, buzzing like mosquitoes Hell, I even heard singing a few times, as if someone was at the Devil’s own church Sometimes it looks like there’s fires up there, other times it looks like one of those new electric torches, but real big and changing color"
Apr 12, 2018 1:12 pm
OOC:
Once I get to the town hall, I want to dig up death certificates for all the dead young people, looking for official causes of death and the name of the coroner.
Apr 12, 2018 1:49 pm
Knifesedgegames sent a note to Santouche
Apr 13, 2018 12:24 am
Clive raises an eyebrow and looks over at Bill. Have you heard of any of those things in your studies, Bill?
Apr 14, 2018 6:22 pm
OOC:
Have I gamemaster?

Rolls

Roll, (? history 35 , occult 60, something else maybe?) - (1d100)

(53) = 53

Apr 14, 2018 6:34 pm
OOC:
Doesn't sound like anything in particular
Apr 17, 2018 12:25 am
Thank you Ms. Bellweather for all your information. We have one more appointment to keep. Clive says starting to turn away and head toward the farm at the north of the town.

He looks at Bill. Are those lights she is talking about coming from up where the others are searching in the forest?
Apr 17, 2018 6:52 am
OOC:
The team are indeed searching the hills, on the other side of the Maple forest.
Apr 17, 2018 5:04 pm
Bill strikes his forehead with his palm. "Of course."
He steps off the porch and tips his hat to the lady.

"Shall we try the journalist?"
Apr 18, 2018 1:34 am
Journalist or the farmer up north. Which one is closer?
Apr 18, 2018 6:36 am
The journalist. The office of the newspaper is a couple of minutes away.
Apr 18, 2018 6:57 am
Leaving Mrs Bellweather the group heads back onto main street and walks north following the map toward the newspaper's office when they pass a large Civil War Memorial in the centre of town, set on a small grassy hill, encircled by four,iron park benches. A granite statue of a young man in the uniform of a Union soldier, his clothes torn and ragged, his head bandaged and his left arm in a sling, yet he still has a proud, determined look on his handsome face. Below, a plaque reads "For our brave sons who fought to keep this great nation whole but who never returned home to hear our thanks." Beneath is a list of eight names.

Next to the statue is a small and highly decorative iron cannon, just over three feet in length. A small flower garden filled with daisies and lilacs surrounded by a circle of whitewashed , fist-sized stones lies between the the cannon and soldier, giving the place a peaceful feeling. A couple of old timers are sitting on a bench, glancing your way as you read.

Then a voice behind you breaks you from the moment, "We don't get many tourists this way, you staying long?"

Turning you see a man in his mid 30's, brown hair in a suit and hat. He smiles, welcoming, "Richard Wendell. I'm the local reporter."
Apr 18, 2018 9:10 pm
Bill startles a bit. He doesn't turn around until he takes a few calming breaths. "Depends on if there is anything worth researching. We have comes a ways because of the reports of strange goings on. We are competitors of yours, just academic in nature is all. Anything worthy of writing about?"
Apr 18, 2018 9:20 pm
"Ah I heard FOC were sending more investigators round. After the debacle with the students, I'm surprised. I guess you've been warned off talking to me."
Apr 19, 2018 2:50 am
Clive raises an eyebrow at the last statement. Why should we not talk to you? Seems like you would have the scoop on anything going on around here...
Apr 19, 2018 8:16 pm
"As the only journalist in town, I'm sure I've upset everyone in Cobb's Corners at one time or another. So what is FOC's interest in the town?"
Apr 20, 2018 11:46 am
Doc looks at Jethro's death certificate and crinkles his nose. "Consumed by... pigs?" His eyes go wide. He makes some notes in his notebook, and lights up a Lucky Strike cigarette as he wheels himself over towards the Doctor's office, questions buzzing through his head.
Apr 20, 2018 7:53 pm
Knifesedgegames sent a note to Santouche
Apr 20, 2018 10:31 pm
"What did you report about the students work here and their departure? And more importantly, what do you think really happened?"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.