A Time to Harvest - Chapter Four

load previous
Apr 3, 2018 11:08 pm
Bidding the librarian a good day, the four men leave the building. A few hours have passed and you head to the home of Agnus Bellweather. You find her, a little gnome of a woman, dozing on the porch of her little cottage, a black cat in her lap. She opens her eyes as you approach, and looks at you over horn rimmed spectacles.
Apr 6, 2018 11:06 am
"Good day, madam. May we have some of your time please? We are looking for local legends and such, and local librarian recommended to talk to you on this."
Apr 6, 2018 1:52 pm
Kaosanddoom says:
Mathis will check around the farmhouse to see if anything seems out of the ordinary.
OOC:
Just keeping it in memory for whenever you have a chance. No rush. rolled an 8 on the spot hidden roll.
Last edited April 6, 2018 1:52 pm
Apr 6, 2018 2:05 pm
OOC:
Actually, I'm having thoughts here about these desanguinated bodies.
While the young men begin to engage with the old witch, Doc seems lost in thought. Without saying a word to the others, he "Hmmmmms" to himself, and then begins to wheel himself off down the road in the direction of the town hall. He seems to be muttering something to himself under his breath...

"They must have death certificates..."
Apr 6, 2018 6:18 pm
Knifesedgegames sent a note to Kaosanddoom
Apr 6, 2018 6:21 pm
Mathis goes to see what the doc has found out.
Apr 7, 2018 9:00 am
[ +- ] Clive, Eugene and Bill
Apr 8, 2018 2:04 pm
"Are there any native ancestors still in the area?"
Apr 8, 2018 2:49 pm
Clive looks at Angus with a perplexed look for a second. Um...Ms. Bellweather, do you have a garden around here where I could take a sample of the soil from?
Apr 8, 2018 4:09 pm
"Oh no natives around here. And I'm the oldest resident here. And no, I don't have a garden, I can't maintain one, but you can take soil from the from yard if you like."
Apr 9, 2018 12:00 am
Thank you very much... Clive digs around in his pockets for a piece of paper, forms a make-shift envelope out of the paper, and finds a less conspicuous place to get a sample of the soil from...loosening it up with a pen and scooping it into the envelope with his fingers. He then closes the newly formed envelope and places it into an interior pocket of his coat so that it will not get lost.

Hopefully we have some stuff back at the house where I can look at this..,
Apr 9, 2018 8:21 am
"I am sure Dr. Matherson can figure it out.

Madam Bellweather, do you know anything peculiar that happened here more recently? You've lived here a long time, surely there have been some memorable events."
Apr 9, 2018 9:25 am
"Not much goes on round here. There was that funny business in the summer with the students up at the Mclearan farmhouse. Drunken revelling. And they dug up the body of poor Sarah up there."
Apr 9, 2018 5:15 pm
"You said you were a midwife? Has the area experienced the same blessing in fertility and health when it comes to child bearing?"
Apr 9, 2018 7:54 pm
"I used to be, before Dr Perry arrived in Cobb's Corners. Learnt from my mother. I wouldn't know about how many children are born these days, but there seem to be lots of them about."
Apr 10, 2018 1:15 am
They dug up a body? Was there something different about Sarah or something? Clive asks looking slightly disgusted at the thought of digging up a body.
Apr 10, 2018 4:57 am
Bill wanders about the room looking for anything that pops out in the space.

Rolls

Spot - (1D100)

(71) = 71

Apr 10, 2018 6:22 pm
OOC:
You're all outside on the porch. You want to go inside?
Apr 10, 2018 6:30 pm
"It wasn't so much dug up as washed up. Seems the body was secretly buried by her husband in the flower garden at the back of the farm. Heavy rains washed the bones up, so the sherriff was called in and removed, buried properly. Poor man, it was his own sister and he had know idea she was there. There were rumours of a spirit haunting the area, Sarah's Shade, though since the bones were found, I've not heard of anyone talking about that."
Apr 11, 2018 11:02 am
OOC:
Ah, no, too invasive. I will lean and look into the window and about the house though. But, not the best roll anyways.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.