A Time to Harvest - Chapter Four

load previous
Mar 27, 2018 4:48 pm
Doc watches the exchange, a bit exasperated, feeling less than sure of what exactly they're looking for at the library. The story seems weird - books just disappearing?
OOC:
Psychology check to try and discern whether the librarian is holding anything back from us.

Rolls

Psychology (70) - (1d100)

(68) = 68

Mar 27, 2018 7:38 pm
Knifesedgegames sent a note to Santouche
Mar 27, 2018 7:57 pm
"Don't think so. I know a few fellows were talking to her last year about the same thing. Students from someplace or other. Say, you're not from there are you?"
Mar 27, 2018 8:12 pm
Doc laughs. "Do I look like a student to you? No, we're working on a research project independently. Funny that there were others looking for this! Wish we could talk to them, whoever they were." he chuckles again. "Are there any locals who might be interested in that sort of thing? Aside from this so-called witch?"
Mar 27, 2018 9:06 pm
She thinks for a moment, "A while ago the Doctor was looking for books about vampires. Haven't a clue why. People can get interested in strange things when living in remote areas."
Mar 27, 2018 9:18 pm
Quite. Perhaps we’ll pay him a visit later. In the meantime, do you mind if we take a look through those newspapers? I think it would help us get a real sense of this town’s flavor.
Mar 27, 2018 10:09 pm
"Please, go ahead. Last person to look through those was a young Father from that University expedition. Looking at obituaries, he was. Lovely man." She smiles to herself at the memory and goes about her business.
Mar 27, 2018 10:24 pm
Doc wheels up and leafs through the newspapers, keeping an eye out for anything in the obituaries that might have been of interest to the expedition. "Bill, Clive, unless you have something else you'd like to research while you're here, why don't you help me look through these? I figured we're most interested in any recent events, but you two may know better than I."
OOC:
Do I need to make a check?
Mar 27, 2018 10:55 pm
OOC:
No need for a check
Looking through the back issues of the local paper, Doc Crenshaw, Bill and Clive do notice an uncommonly high death rate among the obituaries among the youth of Cobb's Corners. Of particular note, in 1909, the 4 young men and 2 young women, all aged 17-18 died that summer though seemingly not at the same time. Words like accidental death and unusual or unknown circumstances, are cited for these.
Mar 27, 2018 11:06 pm
"Strange. Were you around when these deaths occurred, Mrs. Carruthers? Any idea what sort of 'unusual circumstances' they might be talking about?"
Mar 27, 2018 11:16 pm
Lived here since I was born in 1878. I heard about odd deaths, something about being drained of blood I remember. Or perhaps that was that film. My memory is not what it used to be.
Mar 28, 2018 8:19 pm
looking to get lucky

Rolls

Luck 51 - (1D100)

(89) = 89

Spot 31 - (1D100)

(32) = 32

Mar 28, 2018 8:40 pm
Must be why the Doctor was looking for information about vampires... Clive mumbles to Bill. He then looks up to the librarian. Could you tell us how to get in touch with Ms. Bellweather and the farmer?
Mar 28, 2018 8:44 pm
OOC:
ill spend a point to get the spot success
Mar 28, 2018 10:57 pm
metagamegate says:
OOC:
Save it. You needed both to work.
Mar 29, 2018 8:43 am
Knifesedgegames says:
metagamegate says:
OOC:
Save it. You needed both to work.
OOC:
ill save it. Happy to move on from the library when y’all are. Take the lead while I’m on vacation
Mar 29, 2018 9:07 am
OOC:
I’ll be away for the next few days anyway.
Apr 2, 2018 9:49 pm
Mr Carruthers shows Clive the locations of Mrs Bellweather's house and the farm to the north of town.
Apr 3, 2018 2:28 am
Thank you very much Mrs. Carruthers. Clive looks at Doc and Bill. I say we make our way to Mrs. Bellweather's house first.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.