GM Mentoring Project

load previous
Sep 12, 2019 5:56 pm
Alright! Anyone who wants an invite to the forum, just say so!
Sep 13, 2019 3:21 am
I've added Melanqolia's Lancer game to the list of Ongoing GM Mentoring Games in the original post. Good luck! :-)
Last edited September 13, 2019 7:38 am
Sep 13, 2019 5:49 am
Thank you!
Sep 22, 2019 6:29 pm
I would be happy to teach new players the system and/or happy to teach people the basics and techniques of GMing. If I can be of assistance, please PM me.
Sep 22, 2019 7:24 pm
Which system/s, WhtKnt?
Sep 22, 2019 11:24 pm
Pick one. Okay, okay. I am familiar with D&D (1E, 2E, 3.5E, 5E), Pathfinder 1E, Savage Worlds, Traveller, Mutants & Masterminds 3E, d20 Modern, Dungeon Crawl Classics, Mutant Crawl Classics, Mighty Protectors/Villains & Vigilantes 3E, Villains & Vigilantes 2.1, and a vast array of older systems.
Jan 5, 2020 12:28 pm
If this is still going on, I’d love to be mentored on the following systems:

- Call of Cthulhu
- Numenera
- Star Wars FFG (Edge of the Empire)

I’ll be on the Discord channel as well. 🙂
Jan 5, 2020 9:23 pm
I can lend a hand with helping someone learn to Story Teller and/or role player regardless of the system. Although my background reads about like WhtKnt's does although they a few I have not used and I have a few they did not list. Still if you want the full extensive list just let me know -- otherwise Story Telling is about the same for every system and once you get those down (which are not the as easy as they seem I am guessing) you are pretty much golden no matter what crunchy bits you are using to tell the story with
Jan 6, 2020 1:38 am
De I would love to be mentored in Savage world's and legend of the five rings if possible. I want to gm when path of waves hits.
Jan 6, 2020 4:16 am
Okay so how does this mentoring thing work -- I mean I could just start a Thread I suppose where we could discuss your game and what you plan to do with it. I heard mention of a Discord server perhaps we do it there? So would whomever is running this shin-dig please chime in
Jan 7, 2020 7:22 pm
Essentially. You can start up a game or thread for the discussions. I personally think best method is to play either having them as a player or you play in their game giving them help as necessary.

Also Discord is good for super quick response IMO
Last edited January 7, 2020 7:22 pm
Jan 7, 2020 7:58 pm
Yes I know I have my own options that was not my question -- as I thought I read they have a Discord server already set up for this and I was just trying to determine what they might be and/or if it might be

@Jackwolfking how would you like to proceed would you like me to create a instructional thread here or would you prefer Discord -- I am leaning towards here that way others can see it as well and maybe pick up pointers
Jan 7, 2020 7:59 pm
I don't think it's ever been as formal as a special Discord server set up for this purpose.
Jan 7, 2020 8:04 pm
There's a channel in the GP server. There's no dedicated mentoring project server.
Jan 7, 2020 8:06 pm
Okay so @Jackwolfking would you be good with me starting a GM/Storyteller thread ??
Jan 8, 2020 3:09 pm
@Jackwolfking

Saw you mentioned SW did you get SWADE or Deluxe?
Jan 8, 2020 4:13 pm
@dejoker sure message me the link.

Um I'm not sure is there a difference?
Jan 8, 2020 4:26 pm
@Jackwolfking the expression this/that generally means synonymous meaning the subtle difference between is minor just trying to use the expression you might be more comfortable with -- Storyteller (my preference) is a GM and basically vice-versa.

Okay so I will get one started and shoot you an invite -- and post a link here as well for anyone that might be interested
Jan 8, 2020 4:43 pm
@Jackwolfking invite sent --- the Forum is Storytelling 101
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.