Cantina - OOC/Small Talk

load previous
Jan 29, 2016 3:23 pm
Yeah, you are level 2 - FFG - make you guy level 2 as well.
Jan 29, 2016 3:30 pm
Whops, didn't notice, sorry :p

ok, Char leveled up, money noted and ready to rock :)
Last edited January 29, 2016 3:53 pm
Jan 29, 2016 3:50 pm
Also, sorry funfungiguy, I forgot to answer your question.
Martial artist is listed as ANY 1 -I, INF 1 -V, ST 4:III, AG 4:III.
This means that Infiltrators and Tekkers can take it at first level, but only up to rank I. Frontliners can take it at first level all the way,eventually, to rank V. If you're not a frontliner, you have the possibility to take it to rank III it you have a strength or agility at least at 4.
Jan 29, 2016 4:19 pm
The way I'm reading it "INF" is Infiltrator, correct? So anyone Level 1 or higher can take it up to Tier I. INFiltrators Level 1 or higher can eventually take it up to Tier V, and if your not an INFiltrator Class you can take it up to Tier III if your St or Ag is a 4 or greater, right?
Jan 29, 2016 4:38 pm
Also, can a character wear a Shock Glove and still use his Martial Arts talent? The weapon seems to be treated like an unarmed combat even when your wear it.
Jan 29, 2016 4:48 pm
That's exactly what I've been suggesting to Saru, our resident Kong Fu expert. Hotwire (my Skal'Az tekker) has a shock glove he doesn't need (he's no good at melee) so yourPC may have it.
Jan 29, 2016 4:57 pm
It probably mixes with martial artist but it sure doesn't stack with my claws and would ashame my ancestors XD. But if you don't have the claws racial benefit, those gloves might come in "handy" :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhUkGIsKvn0
Jan 29, 2016 5:26 pm
Final question and I'm done and my character will be submitted:

I don't understand "New Talents" concept as it applies to a character being made Level 2. When you guys started out at Level 1 and became Level 2, did you get a Talent Point to apply to an already existing Talent plus a new Talent at Tier I? Am I reading that right?
Last edited January 29, 2016 5:27 pm
Jan 29, 2016 5:36 pm
I understood that too
Jan 29, 2016 6:19 pm
Yes, you can either upgrade an existing talent as much as the talent allows for your class/level/attribute score or get a new talent that is permissible for the same.
Jan 29, 2016 6:47 pm
Okay, cool. Submitting my character right now. Let me know if it needs any revising. I'll add it to the Crew Roster as well.
Jan 29, 2016 10:47 pm
Looks good. Does he have a dire beagle familiar? :P

Now we just need to drop off Chuck somewhere so he can lie low after robbing off Jorbo and pick up (find?) our latest crew member...
Jan 29, 2016 11:07 pm
Lol, StarSlayers book doesn't give you the option for pets like the DS book does, sadly, so I cropped the dire beagle out of the picture.
Feb 5, 2016 2:49 am
Are we waiting for someone?
Feb 11, 2016 3:16 pm
How much cash do we have on us again? Before we sell anything. I'm trying to put together a personal shopping list.

What sort of things & upgrades can we get for the Ronin?

Funfungiguy, your haracter can have Hotwire's shock glove.
Feb 11, 2016 3:25 pm
I plan on introducing FFG's character very soon!
Feb 12, 2016 8:30 am
Quote:
Maybe some better armor? I don't know what you wear; your character sheet in the Crew Roster thread doesn't seem to be up to date...
I've double checked and it is updated. Anyway I'm wearing the biggest armor I can to not lose the martial artist bonuses.

@Dex: are there any higher quality light armor pieces or only what is in the manual?
Feb 12, 2016 11:35 am
For now let's just stick with the book
Feb 12, 2016 3:27 pm
With Hotwire's share of the store creds (I took 52) and some of the cash he still has on hand he bought:
*Respiratory filters for helmet (25 creds)
*100m synthrope (5 creds)
*Arm & leg guards (40 creds)

I'm trying to decide whether I'm trading in Hotwire's shock glove or if I'm selling it to Tchok Brawn (at a discount, of course!) :-)
Feb 12, 2016 4:32 pm
I'd trade it now if I were you. Tchok's pretty well broke at the moment (hence looking for work) and Hotwire'd be sitting on that glove for a while.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.