Cantina - OOC/Small Talk

load previous
Feb 12, 2016 10:52 pm
Thanks for the heads up. Then again this place doesn't trade in weapons.
Feb 13, 2016 12:15 am
There are weapons dealers in the market....
Feb 13, 2016 12:19 am
Ah. That's the next stop then.
Feb 13, 2016 12:23 am
I thought this place didn't trade in weapons... Oh well, it's not like I need weapons, I'm more of the party's medic and hacker, so...
Feb 13, 2016 12:28 am
Hotwire is the party's weapons tech but for now I'm actually more interested in selling.
Feb 13, 2016 4:03 am
kalajel says:
I thought this place didn't trade in weapons... ..
The upper, civilized area doesn't. I may have not been clear before.
Feb 13, 2016 4:26 am
Ah, ok, I see. Guess we could sell the weapons as well then...
Feb 13, 2016 1:37 pm
FFG, for Tchok's dog, if you want him to be able to take orders (guard, attack, etc) I have rules for that but he takes a cut of experience like a character. If he is not trained, I sorta run him like an NPC and he may or may not be useful all the time.
Feb 13, 2016 4:39 pm
Don,t we just all get 1 XP after each fight? If this were DS, you'd have a point, but SS uses a radically different XP progression...
Feb 13, 2016 7:35 pm
I'm cool with Soopy running as an NPC. No need to pull from other characters' XP.

I was mostly gonna have him wait on the ship so he didn't die anyway, to be honest.

It's not like I jumped through the hoops necessary to have him as a familiar or whatever like you do for DS, anyway.
Last edited February 13, 2016 7:36 pm
Feb 13, 2016 9:53 pm
How do you guys make your character your token thingy next to your posts. All mine shows is the avatar for me as a player, while yours shows your character with your player avatar up in the corner.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out.
Last edited February 13, 2016 9:54 pm
Feb 13, 2016 11:40 pm
Edit your character, somewhere in the upper right, you should see a small red line which says something along the line of "Set avatar for character" or something to that effect.
Feb 14, 2016 1:43 am
I think I got it because you can select "post as player" or "post as character". Whichever you select is what avatar show as up.
Feb 15, 2016 5:31 pm
Go ahead and work out any shopping issues before we continue on with the story. I can wait a bit.
Feb 15, 2016 5:46 pm
Hotwire is 1 cred short of being able to afford a grappling gun. If I take a 53 cred cut instead of 52 then I'm good. I'd really like some upgrades for the ship but I don't see anything in the rulebook about that.
Feb 15, 2016 6:10 pm
Can my character just give it to Hotwire?
Feb 15, 2016 6:29 pm
Well Tchok doesn't seem to trust us yet so it doesn make sense he'd give me a cred. I'm sure S'skaar would be willing to lend Hotwire the cred but I figured I'll just take a 53 cred cut from the item sales and be done with it.

Here's a complication: Saru's cut (52 creds now because Hotwire took 53) is in store credit, not cash. So we can't go spending it elsewhere, correct?
Feb 15, 2016 6:42 pm
Tchok's scruples about accepting the assault rifle was that on his planet, because of the culture's cutthroat nature and and lack of resources, offering something of such high value would definitely come with a rub of some sort. Only someone desperate or foolish would accept an offer like that. Maybe Tchok's got too much pride to accept a free rifle, because accepting things Where he's from implies your in dire straights and need to indebt yourself to someone who surely intends to make you pay dearly for their generosity later.

Offering a credit or something else on the other hand is slightly different because only Tchok knows if it's offered with strings attached (although on his planet maybe offering it would be likely to piss someone off). Granted that's unlikely as it's only one credit, but who knows what sort of debt might be incurred from a loan of one credit. Who knows what goes through his tiny ape brain...
Feb 15, 2016 6:55 pm
Great roleplaying
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.