Chapter 2: The Skinsaw Murders

load previous
Jul 15, 2019 4:53 pm
OOC:
Sorry, was visiting my in-laws and thought i would have internet. Unfortunately Montana had other plans for my online endevours.

Relevant effects:
Challenge: +2 to attack.
Bardic Performance: +2 competence bonus to attack & damage Rolls
Haste: +1 to attack
Dual wield: -4 to attack
Gongar feeling the wave of speed invigorate his hands he swings his hammers at Aldern as fast and as hard as he can.

Rolls

Main Attack (frost hammer) - (1d20+11, 1d8+8, 1d6)

1d20+11 : (12) + 11 = 23

1d8+8 : (1) + 8 = 9

1d6 : (5) = 5

Off-hand Attack (cold Iron hammer) - (1d20+11, 1d8+6)

1d20+11 : (7) + 11 = 18

1d8+6 : (6) + 6 = 12

Haste Attack (frost hammer) - (1d20+11, 1d8+8, 1d6)

1d20+11 : (4) + 11 = 15

1d8+8 : (1) + 8 = 9

1d6 : (5) = 5

Jul 16, 2019 2:15 pm
OOC:
Haste grants +1 bonus to attack rolls? I missed that. Ah, Pathfinder. So many things to track.
Jul 16, 2019 2:38 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
OOC:
Haste grants +1 bonus to attack rolls? I missed that. Ah, Pathfinder. So many things to track.
OOC:
That's no joke with how many buffs this group give each other I feel like I'm slacking over here just swinging my hammers ;-)
Jul 16, 2019 2:59 pm
JoHoover says:
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
OOC:
OOC:
That's no joke with how many buffs this group give each other I feel like I'm slacking over here just swinging my hammers ;-)
OOC:
+1 to hit, +1 dodge bonus to AC, +30 feet of movement (whatever that movement style is) up to a maximum of twice your normal speed, and an extra attack on a full attack action at your highest attack bonus (to include that +1 to hit). It's my favorite buff spell in the 3rd level spell slot.

Also a fitting spell for a twitchy rat man
Last edited July 16, 2019 3:01 pm
Jul 18, 2019 2:52 am
OOC:
Crit for Urthask?

Rolls

Crit confirm - (1d20+11)

(17) + 11 = 28

Urthask crit damage - (1d10+17)

(4) + 17 = 21

Jul 18, 2019 2:55 am
Viktor swings his flail again, but misses his foe.

Hetris casts a spell of healing on Urthask, closing up some of the warrior's wounds.

Skriz' spell grants his companions unnatural speed, making them harder to hit and to avoid.

Shadow takes a shot at Aldern and strikes him in the side. He grunts at the impact but shows little other reaction.

Urthask swings his blade twice. His first attack misses, but his second takes a large chunk out of the ghoul-ified Aldern.

Arktos lands a bite and a claw, wounding Aldern badly.

Gongar steps up and strikes Aldern in the side of the head with his hammer, crushing his skull. He falls down motionless and the room is silent aside from your heavy breathing.

Iesha: 8 damage taken
Aldern: DEAD

Ongoing Effects: Bardic Performance (Hetris) - Allies that can hear me get +2 morale on saving throws against fear and charm, and a +2 competence bonus on attack and damage rolls.
Jul 18, 2019 5:03 am
Flail swinging in a lazy circle, Viktor circles Iesha, keeping his shield half way up. Is it on our side? Are you on our side? He demands.
Jul 18, 2019 12:32 pm
Skriz watches Iesha intentently. He is both fascinated to be near such a being and wary of her at the same time, knowing what he knows of necromancy and his theory about what she might be given the nature of the house.
Jul 18, 2019 4:23 pm
Having struck the killing blow, Gongar realizes maybe to late, that Iesha might not be to fond of the person that 'stole' her kill. Lowering his hammer but no less ready to strike he looks to the women questioningly but does not speak.
OOC:
I'm going to ready an action: If she tries to attack any of us I will try and hit here with the frost hammer.
Last edited July 18, 2019 4:25 pm

Rolls

Sense Motive (is she going to attack) - (1d20+2)

(9) + 2 = 11

Jul 18, 2019 11:41 pm
Iesha looks stunned for a moment as Aldern falls and then a true smile appears and she turns to you, "He's dead? He's finally paid for his sins?" she says in shock.
Jul 19, 2019 5:52 am
I believe he has now paid for them with his soul, Viktor says warily. Could... Could you tell us what he did? Viktor realizes he might be pushing it, but he has to know.
Jul 19, 2019 12:35 pm
Feeling that the imminent danger has passed, Skriz curiously starts looking over the body of Aldern, occasionally taking notes in his grimoire.
OOC:
Searching and studying Aldern. Partly to see what he has on him, but also for research sake as Skriz is a scholar of not only Thassilonian studies, but of Necromancy as well. He'll also be casting Detect Magic.

Rolls

Perception check - (1d20+2)

(11) + 2 = 13

Knowledge: Arcana - (1d20+13)

(11) + 13 = 24

Spellcraft - (1d20+13)

(6) + 13 = 19

Jul 19, 2019 2:25 pm
Urthask's guard is still up. Iesha may or may not be a threat, but she is still undead. "How did Aldern know about me, and why was he framing me for those ghoul killings?"
Jul 20, 2019 3:13 pm
Her expression turns sad, "When we first got married, he was a kind and gentle man. As time went on however, he seemed to grow more agitated and sometimes became violent. One day... he took it too far and ended my life before locking my body in that room and fleeing our home."
Jul 20, 2019 3:36 pm
The small hairs on the back of Hetris's neck stand up at the story, feeling the flames of anger building inside her.

I am glad we were able to end his miserable existence then. Any idea what made him become violent?
Jul 23, 2019 5:03 am
Viktor looks around in the furnished cave, still wary of Iesha. What about this place and the hateful manor up top? He points at the vaguely man-shaped patch of fungus next to the puzzle box, not daring to look at it. What about that?
Jul 23, 2019 11:25 am
Viktor's question pricked at Skriz's ears, making them visibly twitch. "That is a good question..." he replies as he gets up and approaches the the fungus to study it further.
OOC:
As Skriz gets closer to the fungus, he'll use detect magic (all three rounds) to see if he can glean any more insight to this horrible place.
Jul 23, 2019 1:06 pm
Be careful, little one, Viktor offers as he follows the rat mage.
Jul 24, 2019 1:35 am
Skriz moves closer to the fungus and realizes that the humanoid shape within somehow matches himself exactly...
OOC:
Make me a DC 14 Will save!
Iesha shakes her head, suddenly looking weak, "I don't know what drove him to it, but this house is... wrong somehow. I wish I knew how to destroy it..." Lost in thought, she seems to have missed your question about the fungus.

As you peer around the room, you find a letter on the table.
[ +- ] Letter
Jul 24, 2019 11:16 am
OOC:
Skriz will continue to study the fungus with the intention of 1) figuring out if the fungus itself has anything to do with what's going on; 2) taking some research notes; 3) and how to destroy it so it doesn't do whatever it just tried to do to Skriz to anyone else.
Last edited July 24, 2019 11:18 am

Rolls

Will save - (1d20+6)

(10) + 6 = 16

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.