Chapter 2: The Skinsaw Murders

load previous
Aug 26, 2019 1:42 pm
Once the group prepares to leave, Skriz starts a fire making sure to encompass the fungus as much as possible. Once he's satisfied that the fire is doing it's job, he follows Gongar.
Aug 28, 2019 9:37 am
You set small fires in strategic locations before rushing out of the building. It seems to take longer than it should to spread, but eventually the house is totally engulfed in flames as you look on. After quite some time, there is a loud groan as the structure gives in and collapses on itself. The Misgivings are finally destroyed, along with whatever evil lurks within the walls.
Aug 28, 2019 8:54 pm
Viktor is fascinated by the strange beauty of the destruction but eventually finds his way to the horses. Let's report what we found and head on to Magnimar.
Aug 28, 2019 10:14 pm
Good idea Viktor, the Sheriff should know what happened here and why we are absent.
Aug 29, 2019 6:50 pm
You make it back to the sheriff just a few hours later and he looks exhausted, "Ah good, you're back! I trust everything went well?"
Aug 30, 2019 10:04 am
Viktor greets Hemlock like an old friend. Might as well say it like it is. I'm afraid we had to burn down the house. It was infested with evil spirits and the walking dead. He lays an eye on his comrades, expecting backup on his story.
Aug 30, 2019 2:21 pm
Nodding to Viktor, Gongar caries on the story, Unfortunately, Belor, the Manor house had been turned into a pit of evil. Aldern along with his wife had turned into undead. She harbored a deep hatred of her husband for killing her and help us dispatch him, then decided to go to her final rest in the flames of the manor along with all the other spirits that resided there. We did find a new lead that will take us to Magnimar. Apparently Aldern had some contacts there that might have some information on what might be going on.

Gongar loks around to make sure he hasn't forgotten anything then asks, Do you have any idea why Aldern would have been in contact with people in Magnimar?
OOC:
I'm going to roll a local knowledge check to see if Gongar might know the answer to that question.

Rolls

Knowledge (local) - (1d20+5)

(17) + 5 = 22

Sep 5, 2019 12:59 pm
Hemlock shakes his head, "Such a tragedy... The Foxgloves have been in the area as nobles for over a hundred years..."

"Well, Aldern lived in Magnimar," Hemlock says, "So it's not a surprise that his plotting was based there."
OOC:
Gongar would already know that Aldern lived in Magnimar full time
Sep 5, 2019 2:15 pm
Viktor addresses the sheriff with a serious tone. As Gongar said, we have decided to investigate the Foxglove estate in the city. We found some... Disturbing clues while searching the manor and will be travelling there shortly. I hope things there are not as dire as they seem.
Sep 8, 2019 3:07 pm
"I feel like there is a bigger picture here that we are missing. What other evil are these villains up to, and why have they decided to frame me for it?"
Sep 13, 2019 7:32 am
Who can say about the deranged ravings of an undead mad man? The more I ponder this, the more I am convinced that we will learn dark things in Magnimar.
Last edited September 13, 2019 9:07 am
Sep 14, 2019 1:46 am
"I think that's a good course of action for now," the sheriff replies, "I'll keep an eye on things around here while you investigate in Magnimar."
Sep 17, 2019 3:11 pm
Thank you Sheriff, we will return with any information we can gather at Aldern's post and hopefully bring some closure to these murders. gongar will nod to Belor and shake his hand on the way out the door.

Once everyone is outside Well, it looks like we have some travelling on our hands. Everyone gather your things and meet at the edge of town to get a move on. As the group disperses, Gongar will head home and stow all his brewing gear and get his travel pack ready.
OOC:
How many days will it take us to get to Magnamar?
Sep 18, 2019 3:45 am
With a nod, Viktor leaves to ready his horse. The City of Monuments it is then. It must be... at least 40 years since I visited there. I was only a boy then. When he reaches Sandpoint's East gate he is clothed in a travel garb with his shield and armor stoved by the saddle. He greets anyone already there, ready to ride.
Last edited September 18, 2019 3:45 am
Sep 18, 2019 6:26 am
Always fully prepared for a journey, Urthask only makes a quick stop by Daviren Hosk's to let the man know he's headed for Magnimar before meeting the others at the east gate.
Sep 18, 2019 12:35 pm
Skriz returns to his rooms and gathers his belongings. He gets sidetracked reading a book on tribal rituals of Belkzen, which in turn sidetracks him into a treatise on migration patterns of the carrion birds of that area, which then leads him into a set of notes he wrote on a spell that allows you to sprout wings. Unfortunately, sprouting wings didn't convey the actual ability to fly. It only served to give the recipient some dazzling plumage that tending to molt all over the furniture.

After twenty minutes or so of being caught in a research spiral, Skriz snaps out of it, suddenly remembering he was to meet the others on the edge of town and quickly scurries to meet them.
Sep 19, 2019 8:58 pm
Shadow heads for home to say goodbye, then remembers how long those usually take, and instead sends a hastily-scrawled note via urchin.
Sep 23, 2019 2:24 pm
OOC:
I'm assuming we still have Hetris in the group and figured we could start on the journey.
Nodding to each member as they arrive, noting the stoic nature of the group. Hopefully this trip will lay to rest, or at least bear some light on the situation at hand. Bringing the murderer to justice should be our focus but not to the exclusion of any other clues that might help us understand why they are trying to frame Urthask for these crimes.

Gongar check to make sure he has all his gear and that it won't chafe during the journey Lets be off.
Sep 23, 2019 2:40 pm
OOC:
Sorry, yes, Hetris is still with the group. She didn't really have anything to tidy up before heading to Magnimar. :) Sorry for the absence in posting.
Yes, let's.
Oct 5, 2019 10:45 pm
The sheriff sees you off and informs you that it's roughly a 50 mile trip to Magnimar so it'll likely take a few days. You set off and make good time on your trip and arrive before dusk on the third day.

Magnimar is a sprawling city on the coast, home to some 16,000 people. The gates are currently closed and a voice calls down, "State your names and business!"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.