Chapter 2: The Skinsaw Murders

load previous
Oct 6, 2019 9:08 pm
My name is Gongar, My companions and I are travelling from Sandpoint, please open the gate so we can enjoy a fine ale and a warm bed tonight. He isn't very keen on giving information about their real purpose while shouting over the walls.
Oct 6, 2019 11:12 pm
Viktor raises his voice to echo the plea.My name is Viktor of Sandpoint, and my friend Gongar here tells the truth. We are but journymen looking for rest.
Last edited October 6, 2019 11:13 pm
Oct 7, 2019 6:44 am
"Urthask, son of Galazur, of the Order of the Bear." Apart from this declaration to maintain his honor, Urthask remains tight-lipped. He has never been comfortable in cities, more often camping outside them rather than entering. Sandpoint was the first large settlement he ever spent much time in, and here now is a much, much larger place with far more people.
Oct 7, 2019 10:38 am
"I am Skriz, scholar and student of the arcane arts. We also have business with the Stone of Seers. I personally know Master Leis Nivlandis and need to consult with him. Now please kindly let a citizen of this great city come in so we might carry out our business."
OOC:
Knowledge: Local to recall the proper procedures to enter the city.
[ +- ] Stone of Seers
Last edited October 7, 2019 10:49 am

Rolls

Knowledge: Local - (1d20+9)

(14) + 9 = 23

Oct 9, 2019 12:19 am
The guard looks at you over the walls and shrugs, "Seems reasonable enough to me," he says, then turns away, "Open the gate!"

With that, the gate opens slowly, revealing the magnificent city of Magnimar. Where would you like to go first?
Oct 9, 2019 1:01 pm
After several days on the road Gongar is more than excited to visit an inn for a hot meal, a tankard of ale and a hot bath. Probably not in that order but as soon as possible. Maybe the ale with the bath first then the meal...

Skriz, do you want to settle in then visit Master Leis Nivlandis? Urthask, why don't you join me at the inn and we'll grab an ale and knock the travel dust off ourselves.
Oct 10, 2019 5:45 am
The inn sounds good to me as well. While we're there, we could ask if anyone knows where the townhouse is.
Oct 10, 2019 11:25 am
"Master Nivlandis? Maybe after we've investigated Aldern Foxglove's dealings here in Magnimar. I'd rather not engage with the Stone of Seers unless we need to." Skriz pauses to look around and get his bearings in the city. "I've heard there's a fantastic inn just a few blocks from here: good food, good ale, good baths."
Oct 10, 2019 5:12 pm
Urthask lets the others lead. The city is overwhelming! The sights, sounds, and smells, the crush of people... he hopes this inn is a relatively quiet place, and that they have ample stabling for Arktos.
Oct 11, 2019 12:59 am
Excellent, sound just right for a group of foot sore travelers. Lead the way Skriz. As they proceed to the inn Skriz describes Gongar will keep an eye out for anyone that seems overly hostile to the group. I think we are a fairly odd bunch though Magnamarian's might be used to it. Hopefully they will be able to carry out their investigation unhindered by the locals.
Oct 12, 2019 3:18 am
The streets of Magnimar are quite busy. Those of you not used to large cities can't help but notice all of the diverse sounds and bright clothing all around you. It's nearly overwhelming, but your more seasoned companions are able to guide you through the throngs of people to an inn not too far from the gate.

Above the front door is an image of a dragon with a tankard of ale gripped in its claws. The sign with the inn's name on it is so faded as to be unreadable, but on the whole it seems to be well maintained.

You enter the crowded place and find that it's more like what you are used to. The boisterous crowds are similar to those you'd see in almost any tavern in a small town (if a bit more diverse in heritage). You find a table not far from the corner and soon have a chance to rest and enjoy a decent drink.
Oct 14, 2019 2:36 pm
Shadow skips along happily in the wake of her larger companions. She puts her hands deep into her pockets to prevent touching all the marvelous things she sees along the way, just hanging there, no one paying attention.
Oct 15, 2019 8:33 pm
Viktor appreciates the change of pace from small Sandpoint, even though he's lived around there most of his life. He's been in Magnimar a couple of times before but those were ages ago. I wonder if that brothel is still in business... Well I suppose it doesn't really matter, surely Mary hasn't been in the business for many, many years.
Oct 24, 2019 11:29 pm
OOC:
Where you would you like to go from here?
Oct 25, 2019 4:06 am
Perhaps a short stop at the inn and then on to the Townhouse that was mentioned in the letter? Viktor asks idly as he walks deeper in to the city.
OOC:
I think the townhouse is our priority at this point.
Oct 26, 2019 10:56 pm
You take some time at the inn to eat and rest from the road before getting directions to the townhouse that was owned by Aldern. It is a three-story home in a good part of town. Oddly, there are boards nailed over the windows on the first floor.
Oct 27, 2019 3:03 pm
That does not bod well for our investigation. Spread out around the house and see if there is anything suspicious about the way this is boarded up. Gongar makes sure his hammer is loose in its loop and then looks around the surrounding building. Trying to Identify anything that might be strange or out of place.
Oct 27, 2019 3:30 pm
Urthask nods, and then he and Arktos go to scout around the house in the opposite direction.

Rolls

Urthask's Perception - (1d20+8)

(7) + 8 = 15

Arktos' Perception - (1d20+6)

(19) + 6 = 25

Oct 28, 2019 12:11 am
Viktor goes on to investigate the front door. He also would try to see inside from any windows near the door. Be careful, everyone.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+7)

(20) + 7 = 27

Oct 29, 2019 3:23 pm
Skriz pauses a moment, murmuring a short, arcane phrase and his eyes glow faintly green as he scrutinizes the front of the building for any magic traces.
OOC:
Casting Detect Magic
Last edited October 29, 2019 3:23 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.