Chapter 1: Stolen Goods

load previous
Nov 14, 2018 12:39 am
"No idea," says Krogir-Vaam, planting the head of his maul on the ground at rest. "You look like a Briela."
Nov 14, 2018 4:02 am
Content that the creature is dead, Seraphina drops her sword and rolls off of the Bugbear's body. She lies on the cool stone ground facing the black stone ceiling, breathing hard and dripping sweat.

She hears KV calling out to Briela, reminding her of long ago how the giant man made her feel safe, how she cried herself to sleep in his arms.

She feels the urge to cry now, but there's no sense to it. She had decided she was done crying. She rolls into her knees, picks up her sword and sling, and listens with gratitude as KV comforts Briela with his simple ways.
Last edited November 14, 2018 4:03 am
Nov 15, 2018 10:03 pm
Briela looks at KV and releases a radiant smile, "You think so? That's what my daddy always tells me!"
Nov 15, 2018 10:16 pm
"He's Pa, ain't he? Looks like a Pa," Krogir-Vaam continues. "Anyway, I think we was supposed to find you?"

The goliath thinks about it. "Do we tag you now, or later?"
Nov 23, 2018 4:26 pm
"You saw my pa?" Briela asks, eyes wide, "Where's he at? Is everyone ok?"
Nov 25, 2018 3:07 pm
OOC:
What's the temperature like in here? Does Briela look dirty? I'd like to use Prestidigitation to make her feel better in some fashion, just need to know what it is. :)
Nov 26, 2018 7:35 pm
OOC:
The temperature isn't too cold, though it is slightly chilly, but she looks absolutely filthy and she isn't wearing any shoes.
After a few quick spells, Briela is cleaned up and looks much better, "Hey, thanks mister!" she says, before turning back, "Is my daddy ok?"
Nov 27, 2018 4:00 am
"Yeah, your Daddy's okay kid. Him and your brothers were out searching for you. He helped us find you. You want to go back to your home now?"
Nov 29, 2018 2:34 am
Briela nods her head, "Yes, please."
Nov 29, 2018 3:32 am
Seraphina gives the kid a smile as they exit the cave.

"You want KV to give you a ride? The world looks different from way up there. Safer."
OOC:
Let's head back and get this girl back to her family!
Nov 29, 2018 7:05 am
Krogir-Vaam grunts as the child finds purchase upon his shoulders (assuming Briela accepts the offer). While the heavy armor slows his pace, the additional weight is not an inconvenience for the goliath's large build.
Nov 30, 2018 2:07 am
Briela is more than happy to climb onto Krogir-Vaam's shoulder, "Thanks, mister!" she says as you begin the trek back to town.

It is late evening by the time you get back into town and Briela is in much better spirits, spending her time chatting away in KV's ear as only a young girl can.
OOC:
You can advance to level 2!
Nov 30, 2018 4:51 am
OOC:
Did anybody search the bugbear's room?
Krogir-Vaam responds appropriately to Briela's stories, pausing on occasion to ask a clarifying question such as, "But how does Elmer do his chores if he spends all day behind the shed? Don' make sense."
Nov 30, 2018 7:07 am
OOC:
We have INTs of 7 and 8 respectively, so I'm not surprised we failed to search! Maybe Feldty will remember to search before we leave :)

Leveled Seraphina up to 2. +1 DEX brings her to 14, +6 HP, archery fighting style, cure wounds and hunter's mark plus 2 spell slots.
Nov 30, 2018 1:46 pm
OOC:
It's fair to say that Feldty would have investigated a bit. Never know when special fun magic words will show up!
Dec 6, 2018 1:52 am
OOC:
Searching the cave, you found:

A +1 sling with the name "David" on the outside of it
A potion of Fire Breath
A signet ring
[ +- ] Signet Ring
Dec 6, 2018 1:53 am
"Elmer never does his chores!" Briela says with a laugh, "At least not until pa finds him and hits him with the belt!"
Dec 7, 2018 1:23 am
Krogir-Vaam continues to be a riding horse, carrying Briela all the way home.
Dec 7, 2018 2:55 am
So we found some interesting things on that lot. Feldty says as they head towards the farm. Seraphina, this sling seems like it may be really really good. Just look at the stitching on it! Simply beautiful. he intones as he hands the +1 sling to the small face of their group. And KV, I think this ring would look really good on you. Something about the strong fist just doesn't seem my kind of attire, you know? But this potion I wanna study some more. See if I can figure out exactly how it was made.
Dec 7, 2018 3:27 am
"Ooo, explody-fist," says Krogir-Vaam, trying on the ring. To test it out, he gives both Seraphina and Briela the cool fist-bumps with the exploding fingers.
load next

Thread locked