Chapter 1: Stolen Goods

load previous
Dec 9, 2018 5:10 pm
"Wow ... Thank you!" Seraphina fawns over the stitching, the feel of the strap in her palm, the smell of the leather cord. Most humans she knew would have pocketed that and sold it for their own personal profit. But Feldty had given it to her freely.

I guess humans are people too.

She played "betcha can't hit that" with Briela all the way back to the farm.
Dec 10, 2018 8:10 pm
"Nice sling," says Krogir-Vaam, showing his appreciation with another exploding fist-bump.
Dec 10, 2018 10:43 pm
Seraphina accompanies KV's fist bump with explosion sound effects.

"What does your ring do, KV? I've heard tales of magic rings that give their wearer all sorts of powers! Can you, like, turn invisible? Or what?"
Dec 10, 2018 10:45 pm
Krogir-Vaam shrugs. "Don't know. Feldty said something, but I stopped listening. Explody-fist bumps seem extra 'splody, though."
Dec 11, 2018 12:29 am
Seraphina considers that for a moment. The ring does look totally badass just the way it is, and she had been enjoying the 'splody fist bumps. But, she had heard tales of wildly powerful magic rings and wasn't about to give up on the hope that this was one of them.

"Feldty! Come on over here! What's this 'splody ring do again?"
Dec 11, 2018 1:29 am
Oh! Right. Well. If you think really hard, about the same.amount of time it takes you to figure out where to hit someone, the ring should keep you from being scared and may even make you feel a tiny little bit healthier than normal, at least for a little bit. he says, trying to explain what he understands of the ring.
Dec 11, 2018 3:29 pm
"So..." begins Krogir-Vaam, parsing the words, "... I hit you, and I don't get scared? And maybe I lose a tummy-ache?"
Dec 11, 2018 3:40 pm
Kind of, yeah. Even if something is using magic to try and make you afraid, it won't work. And don't think of it so much like a tummy-ache, but more like someone could stab you under your armor with a little knife once and you wouldn't even really notice it! Really it's pretty cool. You just have to think hard on it for a few seconds in order for it to work. Feldty says, trying an approach that may make more sense.
OOC:
Describing temporary hit points in non-meta terms is definitely an interesting challenge!
Dec 11, 2018 3:56 pm
Krogir-Vaam nods in understanding. "But I gotta punch you first? Seems reasonable."
Dec 11, 2018 4:07 pm
Perhaps not punching me first. Try it punching the bad people first. Feldty says, trying to imagine the image of KV gut punching him in order to make the bigger man feel healthier. It almost was enough to make him laugh out loud.
Dec 11, 2018 4:13 pm
"Well that's a waste," says the goliath, continuing on the journey to return Briela home. "I mean, it ain't like I can get the bad folk to sit still for a sec."
Dec 12, 2018 4:50 pm
Briela seems to really enjoy listening to the interplay among the party and spends a lot of time on KV's shoulder laughing hysterically. When you finally reach her home, her parents and brothers are all waiting outside. When they spot you, the all jump to their feet and rush over. Briela's father takes her from KV and holds her tight.

The whole family has tears running down their faces by the end of the reunion and you are thanked for your help over and over again.
Dec 12, 2018 5:24 pm
"You welcome, you welcome," says Krogir-Vaam in response to every gesture of gratitude. To the eldest boy, KV places a fist on the man's chest and adds, "Honor in battle. No stealin'."
Dec 13, 2018 7:20 am
"Yep, yep, no worries. Now, it's important you spread the word about this good deed. See, we're trying to move up in the ranks of the adventurer's guild, and a little publicity sure would go a long way. Feel free to recommend us to your friends and family if they get into trouble too! You can find us at old Mr. Woodward's Farm, which we should probably rename - how does Seraphina Ranch sound? - because he's dead now. Oh don't worry, we killed him on purpose! Because he was monster, silly!"
Dec 13, 2018 4:46 pm
Pssh, Seraphina Ranch just doesn't have a ring to it. I was thinking something more like Monsterfall Manor! Englefeldt says happily as the family is reunited.
Dec 13, 2018 6:21 pm
"I think we have to go to the smithy now," says Krogir-Vaam, though he seems uncertain if that's truly their next destination.
Dec 24, 2018 3:16 pm
The oldest boy, Xander, nods solemnly, eyes cloudy with tears, as he waves goodbye to your group.
OOC:
You heading back to the smithy?
Dec 24, 2018 3:51 pm
Krogir-Vaam attempts to retrace their steps back to the smithy.

Rolls

Survival - (1d20+1)

(20) + 1 = 21

Dec 26, 2018 6:19 am
Seraphina happily follows after KV, her heart still warm from the teary reunion at the Bailey's home.

"Monsterfall Manor, that's brilliant Feldty!" she says finally, her mind having been working the title over this whole time.

"Now we just need to build a manor there. The old farmhouse'll do for now I suppose. But one day, guys! It'll be the biggest house in Teley! KV, hurry up let's get going to Vard's Armory. Remember, they were going to offer us discounts!" She says the word as if it were a sacred word, with much reverence. "I'll bet it's gonna be good because we already had discounts for being Ebongarde members."

"Oh hey, we should probably stop by Ebongarde's Tower too sometime. Gotta spread the word of our good deeds. Maybe Drek's got some more work for us."
Dec 26, 2018 1:50 pm
Feldty beams as Seraphina seems to like his suggestion for their stronghold's name. More work from Drek would be a good thing. Great way to build our legacy.
load next

Thread locked