Chapter 1: Stolen Goods

load previous
Jan 19, 2019 6:20 am
Seraphina gets as far as she could sling a rock before she realizes nobody's following her. She returns and pokes in her head inside.

"Hey slow pokes, let's go!"
Jan 19, 2019 7:40 am
"Yep! Just topping off this trans-action," says Krogir-Vaam, stretching the multiple syllabic words. He returns his coin pouch to its place at his belt, now significantly lighter. To the merchant, he says, "You can be sure I will reckon-mend this place to the Ebongarde. 5-star service, I will say."
Jan 30, 2019 4:53 pm
When you return to the Ebongarde tower, you find Drek sitting once more at his desk, scratching his beard. When you enter he looks up, "Fits ye much better than those old rags," he says to KV, nodding in approval, "What can I do for ye?"
Jan 30, 2019 6:30 pm
Krogir-Vaam screws his face inward in thought. "Um, what did we come here for?" he seems to ask himself. Lacking an answer, the goliath says, "The Bard's Arm-u-ary. Top notch service. Five star, be sure to tell your friends."
Jan 31, 2019 2:38 am
"And we came to tell you we finished another job!"

She recounts the details about latest mission, omitting no details (except those about her accuracy)
Jan 31, 2019 5:52 pm
Krogir-Vaam nods along.
Feb 13, 2019 7:30 pm
Drek smiles, "Excellent," he says, "What did ye do?"
Feb 14, 2019 12:35 am
Krogir-Vaam says, "Helped the Baileys. Their girl Briela was taken by goblins. Taught 'em what-for."
Feb 14, 2019 3:16 am
Indeed. KV did us all proud. Managed to rescue the Baileys and their girls without any of them succumbing to the horrors of those green skinned pests. Feldty says with a smile.
Feb 14, 2019 3:19 am
Seraphina interject whenever she can, hopping up from below the desk.

... And return fled that armor that they borrowed!

... Not to mention nipped a young slaver ring in the bud!

... Them goblins were lead by a bugbear, nasty one at that.

... Left his corpse to rot in his cave, we did!
Last edited February 14, 2019 3:20 am
Feb 15, 2019 3:12 pm
"Well, I'm glad ye were there to help," Drek says, "That bugbear I'm sure would've killed 'em all."
Feb 15, 2019 4:03 pm
"Alright! So, you gotta 'nother mission for us? We're on a roll here! "
Last edited February 15, 2019 4:04 pm
Feb 15, 2019 6:39 pm
"He kinda didn't look like a bugbear," Krogir-Vaam says to himself. "Eh, he's dead, though. So we can call him a bugbear and he can't argue."
Feb 15, 2019 7:00 pm
Seraphina thinks on that bit of wisdom. "Too bad you didn't think of that sooner KV, we could have called him a dragon and become famous!"
Feb 18, 2019 9:52 pm
Drek begins looking through some papers on his desk, "Lemme see here..." he mutters. After several moments, he pulls out a sheet of parchment and nods, "This looks about right," he says, "Been some mutilated cows out at some o' the farms to the east. I want ye to go check it out and see what's wrong."
Feb 19, 2019 1:54 am
Krogir-Vaam asks, "Didn't we already do that one? Thought it turned out the farmer was eating everything, including the farmer."
Feb 19, 2019 2:13 am
"Maybe Mr. Woodward rose from the grave?"
Feb 19, 2019 8:07 pm
"Well, fine, let me keep lookin' then if ye don't like that one!" he says, pushing that paper aside. He eventually pulls out another, "This one might be more to yer interest. Got reports of a 'two-headed' giant out near the mountains. Some hunters seen it a few weeks ago and again three days ago."
Feb 19, 2019 8:20 pm
OOC:
FYI, KV is okay with investigating the farm. He's just confused that this is a second job, since it sounds so similar to the first.
"Ooo, giant," says Krogir-Vaam. "What about it?"
Feb 19, 2019 8:25 pm
"We're on the case, Drek! Slaying a giant is just what our brand needs to make it to the next level. 'Bugbear Slayers' just doesn't sound as cool as 'Giant Slayers' you know what I mean? You do want this thing dead, right? What kinda proof you need? "
load next

Thread locked