General Discussion

load previous
Sep 19, 2015 6:46 pm
We're going to have to teach Crolwell elvish so he can let us in on his plans :-)
Sep 19, 2015 6:56 pm
szemely says:
We're going to have to teach Crolwell elvish so he can let us in on his plans :-)
Common would probably be the best place to start! Haha.
Sep 19, 2015 9:15 pm
He has "Acussing necromancer language down pat.
Sep 19, 2015 9:20 pm
Out until tomorrow, attending a bachelor party :) 24 hour dnd session
Sep 20, 2015 3:36 am
Nice! Enjoy.
Sep 26, 2015 5:48 pm
Sorry for not posting lately. Was out of commission with illness. I'll have something up either tonight or tomorrow.
Sep 26, 2015 5:54 pm
No problem, hope you feel better and welcome back!
Sep 26, 2015 6:01 pm
No worries!
Sep 30, 2015 6:47 pm
We do have to declare that we're using inspiration prior to our roll, correct?
Sep 30, 2015 6:48 pm
Yes. Always before the roll for that one.
Sep 30, 2015 7:31 pm
Also, for the wisdom saving throw with this creature. You only have to make it once to become immune to the effect for 24 hours. So those that save this first time don't have to try again, or be frightened.
Oct 2, 2015 2:26 am
Just waiting on initiative for Crolwell.
Oct 2, 2015 2:31 am
Hey, everyone, I've been toying with the idea of changing Initiative to be more like End of the World. I'm running a campaign of that and I like how the initiative system works a little better for play by post. Essentially at the start of an encounter between two or more factions I determine which side goes first, pretty much just a judgement call based on who should go first. Obviously in this situation your team would go first against this sea hag, since you initiated the combat.

In end of the world each of you just takes a turn. Whoever goes first goes first. You each get one turn, then the initiative changes to the other side and any monsters I had would then take their turn. It just kind of jumps back and forth from side to side like that, without such set numbers.

It seems to work more in a play by post setting because not everyone has a chance to get initiative in or take their turn right away when their initiative number comes up.

If we were to use this we would just drop initiative rolls for you and opponents, and determine which side of a conflict acted first. You guys, or your enemies.

What does everyone think about that idea?
Oct 2, 2015 2:33 am
Works for me.
Oct 2, 2015 2:46 am
Alright, I may drop that in for this combat too, so we can go ahead and start the hacking and the slashing.
Oct 2, 2015 2:50 am
That works for me
Oct 2, 2015 3:52 am
Sounds good!
Oct 3, 2015 5:03 pm
Anyone have thoughts on what path they're going to take they're character? I'm thinking I'm gonna be a valor bard when I grow up
Oct 3, 2015 5:42 pm
Initially I was thinking of keeping Ütés as a pure fighter following the Champion archetype, but I may let Xadira's display of magic influence that a bit if I can get over having a fighter with the ability to cast spells.
Oct 3, 2015 5:45 pm
We'd have three magic users then, which would be pretty awesome, although using a sword and shield eliminates the possibility of using material components. And Eldritch knights can't use a spell focus either
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.