General Discussion

load previous
Jun 23, 2016 2:42 pm
Wait, Nix can't actually read minds. She can initiate a telepathic conversation (she sends something, and can permit a reply) but not the other way around. ;-)

Also, I meant for Nix's question to be a bit more verbose but got called away from the computer haha! Will try to improve my pst in a little bit.
Last edited June 23, 2016 2:44 pm
Jun 23, 2016 2:46 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Wait, Nix can't actually read minds. She can initiate a telepathic conversation (she sends something, and can permit a reply) but not the other way around. ;-)

Also, I meant for Nix's question to be a bit more verbose but got called away from the computer haha! Will try to improve my pst in a little bit.
Ah, didn't realize that. Phina probably doesn't either. She probably doesn't understand much about your powers yet.
Jun 24, 2016 4:28 pm
I think the addition of Phina to the train is going to be great. A gnome tinker who has spent her life creating things that Firn will see as an abomination of nature.
Jul 1, 2016 6:02 pm
So, I'm sure I will need to know a few things about this bird, Xadira. Does it have a name? I believe you had mentioned it before, but I didn't write it down. I think last time it was around it had it's head eaten by an orc. Also what does it look like when you summon it?
Jul 1, 2016 6:04 pm
And let me know if there is any specific knowledge you want to look up about the city of Salar, or it's houses.
Jul 1, 2016 6:24 pm
Fawkes the fey hawk steps out of a little inter-dimensional portal when I summon him.
Last edited July 1, 2016 6:27 pm
Jul 20, 2016 7:18 pm
To all my players, and my GMs. As some of you know I'm doing demoing at GenCon this year for FFG. That on top of family stuff has caused my posts to slow like crazy. I can't guarantee much over the next two weeks up to GenCon and then for that week I'll pretty much just not post at all. After that I can pick up my posting schedule again.

So just a heads up this will cool for a bit until then. Thanks, and I'll see everyone on the other side. Hopefully without ConCrud.
Jul 20, 2016 7:36 pm
What I hear: "RP like crazy while I'm running around like a headless chicken."

Got it!
Jul 20, 2016 9:45 pm
PhantomNimbus says:
To all my players, and my GMs. As some of you know I'm doing demoing at GenCon this year for FFG. That on top of family stuff has caused my posts to slow like crazy. I can't guarantee much over the next two weeks up to GenCon and then for that week I'll pretty much just not post at all. After that I can pick up my posting schedule again.

So just a heads up this will cool for a bit until then. Thanks, and I'll see everyone on the other side. Hopefully without ConCrud.
This message looks oddly familiar....
Jul 28, 2016 5:53 pm
I am leaving for Cedar Point tomorrow morning (Friday, July 29th) and won't get back until late Sunday night (July 31st). I'll be recuperating on Monday, so my posting may be slow until Tuesday.
Aug 10, 2016 9:09 pm
Oddly familiar to what? I am back from the dead. Hopefully everyone is still hanging around.

Count on you all to do a little RP while I'm gone. Good stuff.

I'll be spinning up all my games in the next few days so keep eyes peeled for a post. Utes still has a prince to rescue. And you all have a villain to take down.

:)
Aug 22, 2016 3:07 pm
So, I'm upset about something that happened in a different game and I'm wondering if I'm just being crazy. Someone recruited for a game and had us all create characters and detailed backgrounds. A day and a half into the RP, he stated her had some health issues that did not allow him the time to GM. That's totally understandable and happens to the best of us. But then he said that he'd be GMing a new, private game with just a handful of people, which included half the people from our game but not me. I'm seriously wondering if someone was somehow put off by my game play and instead of telling me so directly, decided to exclude me instead. Has anyone else experienced something like this? Am I being paranoid/overreacting? I'm so bummed. Just needed a place to vent. :(
Aug 22, 2016 3:27 pm
I've played with, and GMed for, you in several games, and I'd be happy to have you in more. I can't see any problem with the way you play. There could be any number of reasons for what he did, so I wouldn't take it personally.
Aug 22, 2016 3:39 pm
Thanks, Naat. I just feel as if that game was an interview that we weren't aware of and I didn't make the cut. But you're right, there could be a number of reasons why he had to stop our game in particular.
Aug 22, 2016 9:11 pm
Their loss.
Aug 23, 2016 4:21 pm
As a DM of many games you are in, you are a gift and a treasure. Don't stop being you, Moofs.

If someone was to do that, you don't want to be in that person's game anyway. :)
Aug 23, 2016 4:36 pm
I think you're right to feel that way. Perhaps there was a legit reason to close the game and start a new one with half the group, or maybe the DM just wanted a smaller group and tried to make some kind of excuse without coming out and saying so. Whatever the case, it definitely shows a distinct lack of communication, and perhaps a lack of maturity, which to me does not make for a healthy gaming environment.

So no, I don't think you're paranoid or overreacting. It was the DM's decisions and actions that left you feeling excluded (even if it was by accident), so to be perfectly frank I think the blame's on them.
Sep 13, 2016 5:37 pm
Quote:
Nix continues in her workshop to tinker
You mean Phina, right? Did the explosion occur in the engine car or in Phina's lab?
Sep 14, 2016 5:43 pm
Gah, you are right, Phina. The sound and smoke seemed to have come from in front of the soldier car.
Oct 7, 2016 2:15 pm
For reference, the thing Phina is in looks slightly like this...

http://img09.deviantart.net/7409/i/2015/021/9/6/steampunk_robot_warrior___groxx_by_arm01-d8esv2n.jpg

Only instead of a head the top part is more rounded off and has a well cut into it where the seat and controls are that Phina is using. Surrounding this well is a set of iron bars that form a roll-cage over the top of it.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.