Character Creation

load previous
Feb 15, 2019 11:56 pm
Once you have that question answered, please introduce yourselves in the game thread. Go ahead and take liberties with your intro scene
Feb 16, 2019 12:10 am
Has the young former noble turned smith's apprentice run away with his father's strange sword and old armor in the company of an older elf rogue to seek his fortune in the world?
Feb 16, 2019 3:27 am
There is safety in numbers. That's a good idea !
Feb 16, 2019 3:41 am
Solus is showing Ixion the world! And helping him get over his delusions of grandeur.
I'm seriously thinking of dropping the Guild Artisan angle and going with straight Noble from a fallen house.
Feb 16, 2019 7:15 pm
Sounds like you have a connection. Feel free to jump in at the current scene in the common room!
Feb 19, 2019 9:54 pm
I'll stick with the Guild Artisan/smith background with a minor in poor Noble. :P

Can I take Mending as a cantrip instead of Prestidigitation? Mending isn't on the Warlock list but it works perfectly with his background and skills.

I'll have Harry's full backstory done by this weekend but one rolled option was his father being killed by a mysterious monster. Could Ixion have some clue about that monster that has led him in this direction?
Feb 19, 2019 10:03 pm
annex says:
I'll stick with the Guild Artisan/smith background with a minor in poor Noble. :P

Can I take Mending as a cantrip instead of Prestidigitation? Mending isn't on the Warlock list but it works perfectly with his background and skills.

I'll have Harry's full backstory done by this weekend but one rolled option was his father being killed by a mysterious monster. Could Ixion have some clue about that monster that has led him in this direction?
1. Taking Mending is fine with me!

2. For the monster, go wild! I don't control your backstory :)
Feb 19, 2019 10:24 pm
OK, thanks. Mending acquired!

Rich family. Adventurer father. Viciously unnatural murders occurring all over town. Father vows to find and stop them, goes out one night and never returns. Noble family's funds and prospects dwindle. Young Ixion becomes a blacksmith's apprentice to help make ends meet. Years later, a mysterious client from far away wants his expert master to repair a shattered ancient sword which Ixion recognizes as his father's! At Ixion's touch, the black blade is reformed and he feels an overwhelming urge to take the sword and flee the city to find out what really happened to his father. After leaving as much money as he could with his mother and siblings, he goes takes to the open road and soon meets Solus. Through it all, the whispers and feelings from the black blade urge Ixion forward toward the truth!
May 29, 2019 6:44 pm
You've attained enough XP for level 2! On your next short or long rest, you will be able to level up!
Jun 13, 2019 4:04 pm
Itkovian is now Level 2 Forge Cleric. He goes up to 17 HP and gains 2 uses of channel divinity per rest. He has 'Artisan's Blessing' and 'Turn Undead.' He also can prepare 5 spells now, but that won't matter until after a long rest.
Jun 13, 2019 4:54 pm
Naatkinson says:
OOC:
Short rest successful! You may not advance to level 2
Wait a sec, I totally read that as "You may NOW advance..." !!!
Jun 13, 2019 4:57 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Naatkinson says:
OOC:
Short rest successful! You may not advance to level 2
Wait a sec, I totally read that as "You may NOW advance..." !!!
That is totally what it's meant to say. I've updated that post!
Jun 13, 2019 7:07 pm
I wasn't going to say anything about the typo. I just laughed heartily. :P

Ixion now has...
>17 HP
>2 Eldritch Invocations:
-Devil’s Sight: You can see normally in darkness, both magical and nonmagical, to a distance of 120 feet.
-Fiendish Vigor: You can cast false life on yourself at will as a 1st-level spell, without expending a spell slot or material components.
>2 Spell Slots, both level 2.
>3 Spell Known [He'll have to wait until a long rest to use his new spell, right?]
-Hellish Rebuke
>I'd like to cancel my earlier request for Mending, and revert to Mage Hand. Thematically appropriate, yes, but being able to manipulate tools and hot iron with Mage Hand is also appropriate.
Last edited June 13, 2019 7:09 pm
Feb 1, 2021 4:20 pm
Ixion's level 4 changes...

>Gains 9 HP for a new total of 33
>Increases CHA by 2
>Gains an extra Cantrip [Prestidigitation] and an extra spell slot [Darkness]
>Replaces Wrathful Smite with Branding Smite
---

What do you all think about Lightning Lure? It was the only thing that looked interesting apart from the old standby Prestidigitation.
Last edited February 1, 2021 4:21 pm

Rolls

HP increase - (1d8+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Feb 2, 2021 1:35 am
Solus
Rogue (Scout) Lv.4

24 hp -> 31 hp

elven accuracy feat: Increase your DEX, INT, WIS, or CHA score by 1. Whenever you have advantage on an attack roll using one of those modifiers, you can reroll one of the dice once.
17 dex -> 18 dex

Len

Feb 2, 2021 9:15 am
Itkovian 4.0:
[ +- ] [url=https://gamersplane.com/characters/dnd5/8783/
Last edited February 2, 2021 9:16 am
Jun 26, 2021 8:33 pm
At 4th level Harry gains War Caster, 7 additional HP, and one 1st-level spell (haven't decided).
Last edited June 26, 2021 8:45 pm

Rolls

HP increase - (1d10+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Nov 19, 2021 12:57 am
Ixion's level 5 changes...

>Gain 4 HP. 37 HP total. Should have taken the average. :(
>Proficiency bonus = 3 :)
>Spell slots = Level 3 :)
>One more spell known = Spirit Shroud :)
>One more Invocation = Thirsting Blade (attack twice!) ^_^
Last edited November 19, 2021 1:17 am

Rolls

HP - (1d8+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Nov 19, 2021 1:45 am
Esme took the average HP increase and is now at 37. Gained access to 3rd level spells and picked "Dispel Magic."

From Tasha's, there's Magical Guidance, in which Esme can spend 1 sorcery point to reroll a failed ability check.
Nov 20, 2021 4:46 pm
Level 5!

Rolls

HP increase - (1d10+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.