Topic "Hors Personnage"/OOC Thread

Sep 29, 2018 6:30 pm
Ce topic sert aux discussion dites "hors personnages".

This thread is for Out of character discussions.
Oct 12, 2018 3:27 am
Due to a family emergency, I won't be available until probably Monday night.
Oct 12, 2018 2:39 pm
Hope things get better and/or are not too bad.
Oct 16, 2018 3:19 am
Thanks, Kalajel. I'm back now.
Nov 28, 2018 4:38 am
I have some bad news. Seems we lost Phil for a while. Not sure when and if he'll be able to get back. We'll have to continue without him for now.
Dec 29, 2018 1:04 am
Sorry bout the absence, back surgery and Christmas kept me occupied. I’ll try to do a post soon!
Dec 29, 2018 1:45 am
No problem. I purposefully slowed down the game because I assume people would be busy during the holidays period.

Come back to us healthy and full of energy! :D
Feb 5, 2019 1:12 am
Hi, what is happening with the game?
Feb 5, 2019 2:02 am
Oops. Désolé, il semble que je n'ai pas vus le post de Grouse.

Fixé.
Feb 23, 2019 4:36 am
Hello, how should I go about rejoining this game?
Feb 23, 2019 4:50 am
Is your character done? Have all your debts been attributed?
Feb 24, 2019 2:35 am
I had thought so previously, but honestly its been a couple months and I don't recall. Would you be willing to take a quick look and see if it was where it needs to be, and if not we can finish it up? Otherwise, if the game is too far advanced, I can sit this out. Your call. My leaving was the inconvenient part.
Feb 24, 2019 6:58 am
Looking at the debts and the Debt Tracking thread, you only seem to be missing "someone told you their secret and you haven't told anyone".

You can assign it to an NPC and you'd be good to go, I'll try and enter you in the storm.

Edit: Oh, seems like I was wrong... I guess Édouard just forgot to note it in the Debt Tracking thread...
Feb 24, 2019 11:51 pm
I've noticed that some players are taking initiative when it comes to rolling their moves. Normally, in a PbtA type game, the players state what they wish to accomplish, and then the MC tells them which move to roll for. But I don't mind this initiative you guys are taking, it might help speed gameplay up a little bit.

However, please note that I will still reserve myself the right to ignore the result of a move you rolled if I felt the move in question did not fit the situation, and suggest you reroll with a different, more appropriate move.

I'm sure everyone will find such a solution reasonable. Without further ado, we can continue play as normal.
Feb 25, 2019 12:47 am
I didn't really see anything in the US rules that implies it's the MCs job to point out when moves have been triggered, simply that moves happen after they are triggered in the narrative. Although it is certainly within the MC's right to say that a move hasn't been triggered.
Feb 25, 2019 1:10 am
Hmm, true. But the exemples in the book do seem to imply that. Perhaps I misinterpreted things.
Feb 25, 2019 1:13 am
I think the way we are doing it works well for PbP with us calling out when we think we have triggered a move and then you working with it from there, as I don’t think it makes sense to slow the game down with extra posts to resolve actions.
Feb 25, 2019 2:49 am
I agree that for PbP, it will help speed things along if we go ahead and roll if we feel it makes sense to, and I also agree that since US is so narrative-driven and making rolls are so up to interpretation, it is totally fair for the MC to say that the roll was unnecessary or disregard it for some other reason.

In my most recent post, I considered asking if I needed to make a roll, but I knew that could possibly slow things up and for telling a lie, the rules seemed pretty clear. I opted to explain what I was rolling and why, though, just so it was really clear on the post. I'll probably keep doing it like that, if I feel like I need to make a roll.
Feb 25, 2019 3:30 am
kalajel says:
Looking at the debts and the Debt Tracking thread, you only seem to be missing "someone told you their secret and you haven't told anyone".

You can assign it to an NPC and you'd be good to go, I'll try and enter you in the storm.

Edit: Oh, seems like I was wrong... I guess Édouard just forgot to note it in the Debt Tracking thread...
Am I good to go then? Just let me know when it would be a good time to jump in. Also, if it is at all disruptive to the game at this point for me to come back in, please tell me. I'm not offended at all. This is for the players and MC.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.