Création de Personnages/Character Creation

load previous
Apr 9, 2020 4:26 pm
I'm not a super huge fan of the PC material within US, but also I'm not entirely against it. Basically, if players want to play up this aspect of US, I won't prevent them from doing so, but I also won't go out of my way to introduce non-binary, gender-fluid, fox-kin NPCs in the game, partly because I don't feel that sexuality is a relevant character trait... I just don't feel a character's sexuality is that important, unless part of the plot relies on it (ex: Maurice's wife being in a coma from a fireball thrown by a rogue Wizard, explaining his vendetta against the supernaturals of Montréal). Basically, what I'm trying to say is, who knows what Ibn's or Baron Samedi's sexuality might be right now (heck, I haven't even decided that myself!), because it has no bearing on the plot at the moment.

I also replace the whole X-Card rule, which I view as the worst way to deal with sensitive topics during play (too immature and condescending), and prefer to replace it with the Social Contract. Basically, before play begins, I inform my players that US is a mature and dark game which can explore the worst aspects of human nature, and I'm willing to be as dark and as descriptive as my players feel comfortable. So Before the next storm starts, if there is any subject that you (the plural form) feel uncomfortable exploring (you don't even need to tell me the reason why), you can tell me now, and I'll avoid going there. As I said earlier, the Social contract is a living document, and if at any point my players have a change of mind, the Social Contract will change accordingly.
Apr 10, 2020 8:20 am
Ah right. The way they wrote looked like that was the goal of the game :D
Anyway, I think we can still use both idea at some point: no working permit and unfriendly bunch within the Icelandic fellowship
Apr 10, 2020 2:42 pm
Yeah, US is really pushing a certain agenda... something I wish I had known that before purchasing the game, but no use crying over spilt milk now... Anyways, like I said, if you want to pursue or explore this facet of city life, I won't object.
Apr 11, 2020 1:34 am
I admit I completely ignored the X-Card agenda. While it seemed like it was the original motivation for US, the game itself doesn't really need any of it. Perhaps it was meant to cater a whole other segment of WW players who want to do adult VtM.
Apr 11, 2020 2:12 am
I just read into it the suggestion to play character that get you out of your confort zone.
Apr 11, 2020 3:03 am
TheVagrant says:
I just read into it the suggestion to play character that get you out of your confort zone.
That’s how I read it too- that you should play a character who is different to yourself and, probably, the types of characters you normally play. As I understand it, Urban Shadows is simply pointing out that urban fantasy lends itself very well to explorations of identity and culture and that diversity makes a story more interesting and realistic. It would be awfully boring if every character was the same, after all. 😊
Last edited April 11, 2020 10:44 am
Sep 19, 2020 10:37 pm
So apparently, this is a thing. Might explain Toby...
Sep 20, 2020 1:59 pm
:D :D especially since Toby does like older women...
Sep 21, 2020 1:47 am
BedzoneII says:
:D :D especially since Toby does like older women...
That’s certainly an… interesting assumption you’ve made hahaha XD

You do not have permission to post in this thread.