Création de Personnages/Character Creation

load previous
Sep 1, 2019 11:26 pm
I figured I'd put this here because this is the more relevant place. How do you feel Kalajel about my proposed method of making my let it out effect permanent? Ie adding a new spell that reads, "Clarity: Spend 1 hold to Keep your Cool as if you had rolled a 10."
Sep 1, 2019 11:55 pm
Yeah. I'm fine with that. I did told you that in an earlier post edit. Perhaps I did not made it clear or you never saw the edited post.
Sep 1, 2019 11:58 pm
I didn’t see that actually, updating my character sheet now!
Sep 10, 2019 2:21 pm
Noting Suzhen's sanctum details here (and also on my character sheet):
4 Features: a scattering of ancient relics, a mystical prison, magical wards, [one more]
2 Downsides: it contains many volatile substances, it's tough for you to access

For the 4th feature, I'm deciding between magical booby traps, or a portal to another dimension. But I have a question regarding 'a portal to another dimension', but I don't know whether it means the sanctum itself exists in another dimension, or whether the sanctum contains a portal which allows access to another dimension.
Sep 10, 2019 2:44 pm
That's up to you to decided. US is very lax on many details, allowing for the players and MC to come up with them on the fly or as they are needed.

Also, if your sanctum is difficult for you to access, I'd expect something along the line of a Let it Out or Keep your Cool to successfully access it, not just punching in a different code on the keypad... Just so you know...

Edit: some more ideas I had for a hard to access sanctum:
- Requires a very long string of numbers to be punched in, which would require time and the possibility of you being discovered by other employees of the museum/security guard you might question what you're doing here at this time.
- I simply get to decide when you can or can't access your sanctum.
- Requires a different code, but also some rare component which gets consumed while the code is entered so as to avoid other employees to accidentally access your sanctum while punching a wrong code. The downside to this security measure is that you need to seek this component each time you wish to access your sanctum...
Sep 10, 2019 3:16 pm
I also imagined hard to access as having some form of unpredictability or awkwardness ie. 'what are you doing here at this time'.
I like it because it makes for great storytelling, but given that Suzhen currently is being hunted and has no home, perhaps I shouldn't make it too difficult for her to find a place of relative safety!

Ok perhaps I'll go with portal to another dimension, and combine that with attracts otherworldly attention. They make sense together. So the sanctum itself is out of phase from our dimension (gotta punch that code, in draconic there are extra numbers in the keypad!), and as a result sometimes it is exposed to otherworldly contact, good or bad.

Thanks!
Apr 6, 2020 9:33 am
Dommage que Genisisect ne puisse pas jouer maintenant. Une sorcière serait une excellente connexion pour mon personnage :(

Too bad Genisisect can't play now. A wizard would be a great connection for my character :(
[ +- ] Modèle/Model
[ +- ] Image
Je laisse juste un point de départ ici. Je le modifierai plus tard. Je n'ai aucune idée de ce que la plupart des choses signifient, mais je fais avec :D L'idée est de jouer un oracle islandais et membre d'un mouvement néopaïen. Il a sa propre chose religieuse animiste avec les elfes, Aesi et Gaia se joignant au mélange (oh blessed translator!)

Just leaving a starting point here. I'll edit it later. I have no clue what most things mean, but I'll just go with it :D The idea is to play an icelandic oracle and member of a neo-pagan movement. He has his own animistic religious thing going with elves, Aesi and Gaia throwing into the mix
Last edited April 6, 2020 5:25 pm
Apr 6, 2020 12:32 pm
ok. Here is a quick draft
[ +- ] Intro Questions
[ +- ] Debts
Of course I only need to meet on PC now to meet all PCs but...
So, I could easily meet the wizard from being with the wiccans. Apparently there are a couple thousands of them in Quebec. That would introduce the immortal as well. It is possible I met the dragon as she crossed my ever-moving tent and decided to check on the wondering fortuneteller. The vamp may have sold me my crappy car and we got into that award situation where I'm reading his mind and getting this weird vibes from the car (that's probably why I bough it) and he is screening my emotions...

CESN sent a note to kalajel
Last edited April 7, 2020 6:44 pm
Apr 6, 2020 5:16 pm
Your character sheet looks great. You just forgot to increase one of your character's stat by 1 and one of your starting factions by 1. Other than that, everything else looks great.

Edit: Sadly, Genisisect does not feel well enough to be here and agree to your Debts, so you might have to ask if someone else is interested by them...
Apr 6, 2020 5:26 pm
Ah right... +1 to heart so I don't have negatives there and +1 to mortality because humans are cool ;)
Apr 6, 2020 5:32 pm
kalajel sent a note to CESN
Apr 7, 2020 1:03 am
CESN says:
You’ve had a dire prophecy about someone, but you don’t know how to help them...yet. You owe them a Debt.
What would be direst than seeing the immortal PC... die?
If Elijah saw Toby (my immortal PC) die in one of his visions, perhaps Elijah doesn’t yet know Toby personally but is trying to find him so that he can save him from the foreseen death? Idk, it could be a fun little plot hook or something and it means we don't have to figure out how Elijah and Toby already know each other...

(Really cool character concept/backstory btw! :D)
Apr 7, 2020 3:09 am
I don't mind taking on the debt relationship about the dreams and visions. Dragons potentially have memories of all their past lives, so perhaps those dreams and visions draw from some of the knowledge Suzhen possesses.
Apr 7, 2020 7:46 am
oopsylon says:
If Elijah saw Tobydie in one of his visions, perhaps Elijah doesn’t yet know Toby personally but is trying to find him so that he can save him from the foreseen death?
Sounds good to me :D Maybe that is one of the reason I came to Montréal as preventing your death is obviously important for ... the balance? (you wouldn't be a PC otherwise ;) )
oopsylon says:
(Really cool character concept/backstory btw! :D)
Thanks! I still need to put it in french for the practice 😅Surely it will sound much cooler :D
BedzoneII says:
I don't mind taking on the debt relationship about the dreams and visions. Dragons potentially have memories of all their past lives, so perhaps those dreams and visions draw from some of the knowledge Suzhen possesses.
That is perfect, you have the scrolls and the memories. My visions and nightmares don't have to be just about the future, or they may need knowledge of some obscure past events to interpret. Should we go with the idea that we met when you decided to check on the wandering fortuneteller? Maybe the reputation I was building convinced you I could help fighting your husband/mate-to-be?

CESN sent a note to kalajel
This means I'm missing the debt: You are helping someone realise their true potential through your visions. They owe you a Debt
Which could be for Édouard. Not sure what would be the vamp's potential to unlock here... What do you think about the meeting idea:
* Édouard may have sold me a crappy car and we got into that award situation where I'm reading his mind and getting this weird vibes from the car and he is screening my emotions...
* Alternatively, Édouard may have been re-born (or done something) with or within the car, and when I bought it I had visions of him.
Last edited April 7, 2020 7:55 am
Apr 7, 2020 9:26 am
Nice, yes Suzhen would've resorted to all means to find the missing husband, including looking up the fortuneteller, and for that matter, even oracles. It could be a good working relationship or friendship thereafter, consulting dragon scrolls and other ancient artifacts Suzhen would've access to.
Apr 7, 2020 4:11 pm
@ Elijah:

The Wiccan get up that you have (the cape, the viking runes) are they ancient heirlooms or are they modern reproductions? How did you obtain them?

How did your family react to your prophetic gifts?

How about your wiccan friends? Were you part of a wiccan group back in Iceland? How about your wiccan contacts here in Montréal, how many of them are there? How good or strained is you relationship with them?
Apr 7, 2020 6:07 pm
kalajel says:
The Wiccan get up that you have (the cape, the viking runes) are they ancient heirlooms or are they modern reproductions? How did you obtain them?
The cape is a modern but the runes are ancient runes found after the first vision (like the ruins of the temple of Þór)
If asked, I’ll say they were a gift from Úlfljótr himself during the first Alþingi (playing a bit on the "time wizard" concept ;)
kalajel says:
How did your family react to your prophetic gifts?
They thought it was some teenager fantasy sort of game. Being apparently harmless they did not oppose and since paganism is officially recognised, they are still a bit unsure, but supportive
kalajel says:
How about your wiccan friends? Were you part of a wiccan group back in Iceland? How about your wiccan contacts here in Montréal, how many of them are there? How good or strained is you relationship with them?
The Ásatrúarfélagið is an Icelandic religious organisation of heathenry which includes anything really. Wiccans may be part of these fellowship, but it is broader than that. Wiki says there are about 700 Wiccans in Québec, most of which in Montréal, so I thought that would be a nice connection. A nice community, but not too many they'd be everywhere.

I guess the relationship with some of them is good, since they sheltered me but, like with everything, it would be interesting if I was to be unwelcome by some of the local Wiccan witches and sorcerers. Maybe they just feel threatened by my powers, maybe they think I’m a fake, maybe there is a feeling I will disturbe their order... or maybe there is something deeper at play
Last edited April 7, 2020 6:32 pm
Apr 8, 2020 5:16 pm
reading through the factions of Montréal at the moment and...
kalajel says:
Power is governed by an administrative council... Harold Silverman (Oracle/Outremont)
I probably met with this council (or will meet soon), with the possibility that Harold saw it coming ;)
Apr 9, 2020 9:32 am
So I started to skim through the manual now and in the introduction it is suggested that players explore different norms hidden urban/modern stuff...

* Since 89% of the population is ethnically Icelandic + 6% Eastern europeans... there isn't much to choose there. White European he is.
* However Icelanders will need an e-Visa type thing to be in Canada and likely a work or residency visa. So let's say Elijah can visit Canada, as he has the travel/visit visa, but he can't legally work in Canada, so posing as a wandering fortuneteller selling advice could lead to some trouble :D
* In addition, I found there is some tension within the Ásatrú we can play. On one hand the diversity and gender fluidity of some Norse deities makes it open to the LGBTQ, on the other hand, reviving the old tradition is a pretty much right wing endeavour... so there are certain white supremacist factions who view the Norse and Germanic beliefs as the true Caucasian-European ethnoreligious group (yeah, that's some Neo-Nazis right there!). The is probably no reason to hide homosexuality in Iceland (which boils down to Reykjavík basically)... but I can add some gender-spectrum fluidity to Elijah's pagan world view. Interestingly, I would have assumed urban Canada would be pretty much ok with this but wiki says "En 2015, 71 % des Québécois disent être témoins d'irrespect envers les LGBT dans leur vie quotidienne et plus de la moitié des jeunes LGBT font l'objet de menaces, d'intimidation ou de violence à l'école". So that's something else asking for trouble :D
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.