Chapter 8: The Wormwrithings

load previous
Apr 29, 2019 4:16 pm
Hunter, so focused on the wizard, momentarily forgets about the presence of the beholder. The beam of energy is a quick reminder.

Struggling against the loss of her physical self, Hunter finds the strength to joke about needing a diet. Holding her abdomen, she sends four magical missiles streaking towards the beholder.
[ +- ] [url=https://gamersplane.com/characters/dnd5/1194/
Last edited April 29, 2019 4:25 pm

Rolls

Dexterity Save - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Magic Missile, 2nd level - (1d4+1)

(3) + 1 = 4

Apr 30, 2019 6:05 am
Mai'ngor stumbles when the wizard's arcane bolts slam into him, and then he feels his flesh withering and blackening under the beholder's gaze. Mai'ngor knows he hasn't got much left. He will die here in the dark, under the earth, cut off from the sky gods.
[ +- ] Stats
Last edited April 30, 2019 6:11 am

Rolls

DC 16 CON save vs. Enervation Ray - (1d20+7)

(1) + 7 = 8

May 1, 2019 2:19 pm
Xelia blinks, feeling momentarily dazed as exhaustion threatens to take her.

Rolls

WIS save - (1d20+7)

(16) + 7 = 23

May 1, 2019 2:21 pm
Shaking off the effects of the sleep spell, Xelia suddenly feels her joints locking up.

Rolls

Dex Save - (1d20-1)

(5) - 1 = 4

May 1, 2019 2:46 pm
OOC:
Don't forget to take your actions! Xeliss, you have 2 actions to take if you'd like to catch up. Your first one can't use magic, but the second can!
May 6, 2019 1:28 pm
OOC:
Mai'ngor and Melpomene still have a turn to take!
Xeliss has two turns worth of actions to take
May 6, 2019 11:26 pm
OOC:
Can I reach Hunter with my movement?
May 7, 2019 12:00 am
marithyme says:
OOC:
Can I reach Hunter with my movement?
OOC:
sure! Just assume that you'll be able to do anything that you want to do. I'm not worried about specific distances here, honestly :-)
May 7, 2019 9:07 am
Melpomene whispers to Mai'ngor, "I'll keep everyone alive, just don't give up. Keep fighting. We can beat this...together." She gives him a gentle pat on the arm then dashes off to Hunter, careful to avoid the anti-magic zone. Reaching her, she explains again as she sends healing magic into the sorceress before hiding once more.
OOC:
Bardic Inspiration to Mai'ngor

Rolls

Cure wounds, level 4 - (4d8+5)

(5886) + 5 = 32

May 10, 2019 1:54 pm
OOC:
Bump for Mai'ngor and Xeliss
May 12, 2019 5:32 am
All out of javelins, and with both foes just out of reach, Mai'ngor picks up a rock and throws it at the beholder before running up right under it. If he can just goad it into trying to bite him! "Come down here, you coward! Never have I seen such a poor excuse for a tyrant!"

Rolls

Thrown rock (improvised weapon) - (1d20+1, 1d4+1)

1d20+1 : (14) + 1 = 15

1d4+1 : (4) + 1 = 5

May 14, 2019 4:18 am
Xeliss spends one round frustrated and cursing until she feels the arcane power flowing through her once more. "Finally!" Another flaming sphere erupts 60 feet away from her, heading towards the creatures near the ceiling.
OOC:
Is the Shield Guardian long dead? It was storing a Blight to be released if anyone went "under 10HP". Not sure if that was triggered.
[ +- ] Casting Flaming Sphere at 3rd Level

Rolls

Flaming Sphere Damage? - (3d6)

(353) = 11

May 14, 2019 1:15 pm
Hunter's magic missiles streak toward the beholder, who is preoccupied with other targets. The magical darts slam into the creature, wounding it slightly.

Melpomene moves carefully to avoid the beholder's gaze and lays hands on Hunter, healing her of most of her wounds.

Mai'ngor's thrown stone misses the target and clatters into the darkness in the distance.

Xeliss summons her flaming sphere near the ceiling, which strikes her foes on its way to the ground. The beholder's wizard minion goes up in flames and dies, still floating in the air. Karazikar is struck by the stone and growls in anger.

Sarith steps out once more and fires another bolt at Karazikar, striking it beside its central eye.

Elayna continues hiding behind a rocky outcropping.

Shedrak: DEAD
Karazikar: 43 damage taken, twenty feet above the floor, AC 18
OOC:
Shield guardian is still alive, but I must have forgotten about the blight. Well, it's going to come up soon, I'm sure!

Enemy turn coming up soon

Rolls

Hunter wild magic? - (1d20)

(16) = 16

May 14, 2019 1:23 pm
Now that his minion is dead, Karazikar begins to ascend, moving quickly out of your sight.
OOC:
The beholder is gone for a moment, what do you do?
May 14, 2019 3:37 pm
"I am utterly useless in this fight. I say we run!"
May 14, 2019 5:50 pm
"We need that eye," says Hunter. "For now, let's see if we can get back to the upper levels. Find us a way out of here while we have a chance!"
May 16, 2019 7:53 pm
You dash into a random tunnel in the chasm and find that it leads upward slowly. As it winds around, you find a small side-chamber where nearly a dozen humanoids rest, looking weary and disheartened. Among the humanoids are two dwarves, two gnomes, a couple of goblins, a gnoll, a kobold, and an ogre.
May 17, 2019 5:20 pm
"Slaves, perhaps," says Hunter, remembering the offer from the beholder. She speaks to the group in the side-chamber, "Hey! We're busting out, if you want to tag along!"
May 18, 2019 2:49 am
The assorted creatures look at you, slightly confused for a moment and then realization dawns on them. One of the gnomes stands up and gives you a quizzical look, "If we try to leave, he'll just kill us all..."
load next

Thread locked