Chapter 8: The Wormwrithings

load previous
Nov 22, 2018 1:17 am
Elayna's wounds are mostly closed now and she is breathing much easier.

Map
Nov 22, 2018 2:00 am
Mai'ngor nods his thanks to Melpomene as the healing magic washes over him.
Nov 22, 2018 4:12 am
Hunter gives a sigh of relief. "Are we good to move?" she asks, seeking a general consensus from the party and their tag-alongs. She will try to assist Elayna's movement no matter the difficulty and slow progress.
Nov 22, 2018 7:32 pm
"Yes." With Sinag held aloft, Mai'ngor leads the group onward.
Nov 23, 2018 2:50 pm
As you pass through the ropers' room, you find that the troglodyte battle has ended. There are a few dozen dead bodies on the ground and a group of nearly a dozen troglodytes stands atop the ridge that the prisoner had been held on. You can hear their voices, which sound confused, calling through the cavern.

When she hears the voices, the prisoner perks up and looks in that direction, then turns to you, speaking in a rapid voice and pointing in the direction of the calls pleadingly.

Map
Nov 23, 2018 5:25 pm
"Sinag? Can you understand what the troglodyte is saying?"
Nov 25, 2018 12:49 pm
"I think she wants to go back to her people," Melpomene suggests gently.
Nov 25, 2018 2:44 pm
"The same people that were holding her prisoner? Or are they split into tribes?"
Nov 26, 2018 5:37 pm
Naatkinson sent a note to jabes.plays.rpg
Sarith speaks up, "Looked like the same tribe to me, based on their colorings," he says, "Probably got into a fight over something. If she seems to think she's safe, I say we let her go."
Nov 27, 2018 1:55 pm
Xeliss shrugs. "Sounds fine to me."
Nov 29, 2018 6:48 am
Hunter looks to Elayna. "Might be best to let her go. Hopefully she will get them to allow us to pass without battle."
Nov 29, 2018 2:23 pm
The prisoner takes a hesitant step away. Not seeing any resistance, she turns and moves quickly to the side of the apparent leader of the group, speaking rapidly. After a brief conversation, the leader turns and raises a fabulous longsword in a sort of salute before turning and directing his people to clean up the bodies.
Nov 29, 2018 5:20 pm
Hunter raises her hand, palm open in a gesture of reply. She continues on the path toward the far tunnel.

"In a roundabout way, you have saved us from possible battle," she says to Elayna. "This experience should serve you well."
Dec 1, 2018 2:38 am
Elayna smiles brightly as the troglodyte joins those who were apparently trying to save her in the first place, and then turns to Hunter, "I'm glad it worked out in the end," she says, "I wasn't sure if I was making a mistake."
Dec 4, 2018 12:26 am
Hunter continues on, trying to keep her eyes open for additional dangers as she crosses the cavern for the exit.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(11) + 5 = 16

Dec 6, 2018 12:24 am
You slip out of the troglodyte's cavern and move further toward the Wormwrithings. Several miles later...

The remnants of a rockfall have opened up a small vaulted cavern along the passageway. Apart from the occasional glowing insect scuttling along the walls, the cavern is dark.

Suddenly, a loud voice booms out all around you: "Turn back or suffer a death so horrible you cannot imagine! You have been warned!"
Dec 6, 2018 12:51 am
Fresh from a battle with ropers and remembering their encounters with the Abyss, Hunter seems unimpressed. "I don't know, I can imagine a lot," she says, voice deadpan. She doesn't announce this as a reply, more as a side note to her companions as justification for proceeding onward. As she moves forward, she looks about for the source of the voice.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(18) + 5 = 23

Dec 10, 2018 5:08 pm
Continuing into the cavern, you see a young drow female in robes hiding behind a pile of rocks. She appears to be trying very hard not to be seen.
Dec 10, 2018 6:07 pm
Hunter looks around for others that might be lying in wait. Wary of an ambush, she decides to flush out the drow with a show of force. Opening her fingers down towards the ground, she turns her hand violently in an upraised fist.
OOC:
Casting Maximilian's Earthen Grasp.

Strength save DC 17. If she fails, is it possible to only attempt to restrain the drow and not apply bludgeoning damage?
[ +- ] Maximilian's Earthen Grasp
Last edited December 10, 2018 6:07 pm

Rolls

Wild Magic! - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Dec 11, 2018 11:23 pm
Xeliss attempts to light up the drow in green.
OOC:
Casting Faerie Fire- DEX Save 15
load next

Thread locked