Takeover at Whisper Base

load previous
Feb 25, 2016 4:11 am
Moro runs into some road blocks pulling up the information on hand -- he does manage to get a birthdate and pass it along to G5 in their networked run through the system, but the droids he tries to get to move the patrol into the command center get a mixed signal and start heading to the command center -- without the stormtroopers in tow.

Several minutes later -- among assurances from Moro and G5, Kael and Moro and Brosck see a small procession of three droids wander by with a chipper "good day". They are presumably on their way from the mess hall and head down the long corridor to the command center. Two of them are pushing carts along -- one laden with drinks, the other with various flavored Imperial Protein Packs and some candles next to a covered dome -- this must be the surprise the droids have pulled together.

You're too far away to hear the exchange the droids have with the troopers at the door. There is some back and forthing-however, as the troopers gesture at the carts and the droids wave their arms around in a friendly manner. Eventually the troopers shrug and seem to give up -- opening the door and passing the droids in. You believe you can hear the sound of a party horn as the droids swing into a rendition of "Happy Birthday." One of the three troopers follows the droids in and the door shuts behind him, cutting off the sound -- and the scene.
Feb 25, 2016 4:19 am
I nod to Brosck, "Looks like that's your cue. Think you can take them out before the door opens again?"
Feb 27, 2016 9:36 pm
I hold up a hand, "Wait a moment." realizing that I'm still wearing the trooper armour, I smile and plug the helmet on my head, "Get as close as you can without being seen, I'll try and get one, maybe both of them, to head this way. If you're quick, you can ambush them, get the drop on em' before they even see you."

I turn and jog urgently around the corner and towards the guards. When I get near them I stop and start talking fast, "You gotta help. Blaster fire in the hanger. Killed a couple guards and they are bunkering down. We need to go now"
Last edited February 27, 2016 9:36 pm

Rolls

Charm (presence 4, charm 2, +racial boost)

3 Success, 5 Advantage, 2 Failure, 3 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 2 Advantage

Feb 29, 2016 12:15 am
The two troopers pause for a moment -- and seem nearly ready to stand their ground -- but after a moment's hesitation -- they start double-timing it towards Kael and down the corridor towards him, Moro and Brosck. Kael hears them report in to their colleague in the command center as they come down the corridor.
OOC:
Kael - how do you want to spend your advantage? Brosck and Moro? Can I get an average stealth roll (PP) with a boost die for the distracted nature of the troopers?
Feb 29, 2016 12:16 am
OOC:
Boost for next player's roll, pretty sure those clunky monkeys behind me need as much help hiding as they can get.
Last edited February 29, 2016 12:16 am
Feb 29, 2016 3:17 am
Excited by idea of fighting only to be teased by Kael's new plan, Brosck waits irritated and impatiently for the Stormtroopers to fall into the trap.

"How much glory is in hiding" he thinks to himself.
OOC:
well crap... I will give an advatage to boost the Calamarian and can I use an advatage they dont notice me until they are in melee distance?
Last edited February 29, 2016 3:20 am

Rolls

Stealth

1 Success, 3 Advantage, 3 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Failure, 2 Advantage

Boost from kael

1 Advantage

Total: 1 Advantage

Feb 29, 2016 3:55 am
Moro shrugs at the idea of "sneaking"; he's a scientist, not a spy! But he pulls out his blaster and attempts to creep forward.

Rolls

Sneak

2 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 1 Advantage

Mar 3, 2016 8:36 pm
OOC:
Since you were going for Stealth KJ -- using advantage to buy you that much result probably isn't a good fit for the role/situation.
As the stormtroopers head towards Kael and they begin to hut-hut-hut like good little troopers, one of them notices the large Klatooinian (with claustrophobia) trying to squeeze himself behind a wall support and look like part of the scenary. "Hey! There's one now! It looks like they got out!" Blasters come up immediately.
OOC:
Go ahead and roll initiative, please with a boost -- there's enough surprise that the troopers weren't expecting this -- and you should have enough advantage to act before they do.
Mar 3, 2016 8:46 pm
I anticipate the moment when they will see Brosck and lag back, preparing to shoot them where it counts... in the back.

Rolls

Cool (pr) + Boost

4 Success, 3 Advantage

Total: 4 Success, 3 Advantage

Mar 3, 2016 8:48 pm
OOC:
Initiative

Rolls

Vigilance (Initiative)

2 Advantage

Total: 2 Advantage

Initiative Boost

1 Advantage

Total: 1 Advantage

Mar 3, 2016 8:49 pm
Stormtroopers Aknot and Wot bring their blaster rifles to bear.
OOC:
don't forget your boost, Keleth

Rolls

Vigilance

1 Success, 4 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 4 Advantage

Mar 4, 2016 1:03 am
Brosck is leaning into his hiding spot only to notice the Stormtroopers looking at him

"Well i didnt wana hide anyways. LET'S DO THIS!!!"

Rolls

Vigilance

1 Success, 1 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 1 Advantage

Mar 7, 2016 3:52 pm
G5 gurgles and beeps as his well planned distraction might go to the wayside....

Rolls

Cool Check - Initiative

2 Advantage

Total: 2 Advantage

Mar 8, 2016 4:19 am
OOC:
Initiative order will be: Player, Player, Stormies, Player, Player - I should have asked for first action with initiative, apologies -- what's the plan, gents?
Mar 8, 2016 4:25 am
OOC:
I'll go after the troopers.
Mar 11, 2016 11:57 pm
As the troopers call out my companions, I raise my blaster and fire two bolts at their backs.
OOC:
I anticipated it's 2 difficulty.

Rolls

Ranged (Light)

1 Success, 2 Advantage, 2 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Failure

Mar 12, 2016 3:37 am
Brosck watches as the blaster fire whizzes by the troopers and smiles.

"I am glad he missed you" he ignites his knuckles and moves toward the troopers. "THAT LEAVES MORE FOR BROSCK TO CONQUER!!
OOC:

He will be attacking The closest trooper.
knuckles melee +1 dam crit 2 engaged pierce 1 vicious

Feral attack +1 damage
Last edited March 12, 2016 3:39 am

Rolls

Its clobbering time!

4 Success, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 1 Threat

Mar 19, 2016 2:44 pm
Kael's shot goes wide and hits one of the support pillars not far from Brosck, allowing him to maintain the ruse of a stormtrooper (especially with the attendant aim) quite successfully. Brosck closes into engage one off the troops and begins to pummel him with his fists. Surprisingly, they are quite effective despite the pristine white armor that the trooper wears -- and while Brosck works him over, he somehow manages to remain standing for a few moments be for Brosck's final back-handed slap careens him into the wall where he stops moving. The last bit of finesse takes a little more effort than Brosck is used to, and he takes 1 strain as a result.
OOC:
I read that Brosck lands a hit for 9 damage (4 brawn + 3 success + 1 Feral attack + 1 knuckles) with 1 rank of pierce for an effective 10 damage total against full soak.
The remaining trooper turns and fires at Brosck at short range and lands a hit.
OOC:
Brosck takes 10 damage from the hit. Minus his soak of 6 that means 4 wounds.
There's the slight smell of burnt Brosck in the air as Moro and G5 are able to act...

Rolls

Trooper fires.

1 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Success

Mar 20, 2016 3:15 pm
Moro takes aim with his blaster and takes a shot.
OOC:
Aim then shoot

Rolls

Light Blaster

2 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 2 Advantage

Mar 21, 2016 3:08 pm
Watching the ensuing fight over the monitors, G5 keeps tabs on the inhabitants of the Imperial Base and those in Command and Control. The droid activates some music sound tracks and pipes them in to Command and Control. Hopefully the Imperials will join in and sing along....

OOC
To mask the sound of combat in the hallway from Command and Control
- play happy birthday and party music loud in Command and Control
- with the door closed and the music playing with staff singing, should be adequate to mask the noise.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.