Out skirts of the Village

load previous
Jan 31, 2016 10:12 pm
Yaru points, somewhat aghast at Kveit, "But.. that's not the plan." he mutters, mostly to himself.
Feb 2, 2016 3:39 am
The gathered crowd turns to see Kveit. The skull faced Timmerman turns to the Seer and says, "What is that child talking about?"

A roar comes from the hulking bull helmeted Timmerman. "AAAARRRR, I told you. The Seer has betrayed us. We raised him up from the chattel and gave him privileges meant for his betters. A ask the privilege of striking him down, High Lord." Taking a piece of metal off of his back he holds it out in front of him. It unfolds into a gigantic ax.
Feb 2, 2016 4:40 am
Kveit pulls out her bow and fires an arrow at the big guy with the axe. This is meant more as a distraction than an attempt to injure or do damage. Kveit assumes she is outmatched and is trying to draw the attention of the Timmermen so that Pha can do his scan and hopefully find some useful information.

"Deal with me first you monster!"
OOC:
I'm intending to use this last as a sort of taunt, to draw the attention and aggression of the Timmermen away from the Seer and especially away from the direction of where the others are hiding. I'll append a d20 roll below. Note that I have a mutation that reduces the difficulty of any social task using my voice by one. Expending 2 intellect to reduce the difficulty once more.

Rolls

Taunt - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Feb 2, 2016 4:44 am
"I think she's going to get the Seer killed."
Feb 2, 2016 5:59 am
Galen grips Reaver and prepares to rush to his friend's aid if he needs to.
Feb 2, 2016 5:32 pm
Carrick sighed at the bold action of Kveit. He knew her heart and intentions, and they were all well and good, but he feared she may have overreached this time. He readied his crossbow and braced himself to run to her side if her feint brought too fierce a repercussion.

He looked over at Pha, "Now's your chance. Don't let her sacrifice be in vain - find out what you can, and report back if possible."
Feb 2, 2016 5:40 pm
"She's not dead yet... Pha reminds the young man a little surprised at himself since he was thinking along the same lines as a pessimist before taking off. Rushing towards the village from another direction as the focus was drawn away so he could figure things out.
OOC:
If the task for stealth is successful using Scan (Modified Extended Version) otherwise I think they'd notice what I'm doing.
EDIT:
OOC:
Since successful I'll use Scan and spent the point cost for the modded version. 2 Int (Activate cost) + 3 Int (extending power use) - 1 Int Edge
Remnant sent a note to foolsmask
Last edited February 2, 2016 5:42 pm

Rolls

Stealth Task 5 - 2 due to asset - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Feb 2, 2016 6:27 pm
Yaru stays put, but is clearly getting nervous. His hair begins to stand on end a bit and the air near him tastes a little metallic as it ionizes. The occasional brief spark, or flash, gathers about him as he prepares himself for action, convinced that soon some majorly bad stuff is going to go down.
Feb 3, 2016 6:40 am
The bull seems to sense the arrow coming at him and with a quick swipe of the ax he knocks the projectile aside. His head turns and his gaze locks on Kveit. Snorting once the hulking man charges at the small mutant girl. His weapon cuts a wide arc through the air. Just as he is about to bring it to bear against Kveit, the skull faced Timmeman raises a hand and the bull stops short.

"Hold, Lord Bull, we will hear what she has to say. She has shown the bravery and bold action previously found in Uncegilla Cove servants. We believe there is more going on than your simple mind has grasped."

Keeping his gaze locked on Kveit, he responds, "Lord Death, I know there is more here, but this girl! She is insolent! Putting her in her place will show the rest of this waste hole of an aldiea where they belong!"

The skull helmmed Timmerman, Lord Death replies, "In time you may have your chance. For now we shall see how this plays out."

The metal on Lord Death's arm shifts and coils, it breaks apart and flows into a wicked trident of black steel. Kveit's own nanites ripple momentarily, but stay in control. He levels the weapon at the Seer. "Explain yourself, Seer"

foolsmask sent a note to Remnant
Feb 3, 2016 7:40 pm
Carrick breathed a sigh of relief when the strange bull-man pulled short of striking Kveit. He looked around for Pha but didn't see him anywhere. He hoped the distraction was enough for him to gather his information. He narrowed his eyes toward the village, trying to see more clearly; the Timmermen seemed to be having some sort of argument. He gave a small smile as he considered that division in Timmermen's ranks could potentially serve their own efforts. He just wished he could hear was was going on.
Feb 3, 2016 7:42 pm
When the bull-man rushed Kveit Galen almost launched himself from his concealment. Luckily he didn't need to and he breathes a sigh of relief.
Feb 4, 2016 3:02 pm
With an exhale Pha makes his way back to the others to tell them the good and bad news.
Feb 5, 2016 3:17 pm
"Girl, you will kneel before your masters and await judgment!" Lord Bull reaches out to grab Kveit by the arm. Another Timmerman, wearing a goat shaped helmet produces a chain like item. It is approximately 6 feet long, at one end is a large open ring. Just shy of half way down the length of chain are two more smaller open rings. The device splits at the other end into two chains that each end in smaller open rings. At each ring connection point is a small node with several flashing lights and buttons.
OOC:
Like this but more Sci-Fi
OK, GM intrusion time again. 1XP to Friar_Tuk and one for another player of his choice. The end result is Kveit will be bound by these futuristic manacles. Refusal costs you an XP and you will need a Level 4(12) Speed Defense roll to keep Lord Bull from grabbing Kveit.
Feb 5, 2016 3:35 pm
OOC:
Pha does not like bullies...
Last edited February 23, 2016 6:25 pm
Feb 5, 2016 4:38 pm
foolsmask says:
"Girl, you will kneel before your masters and await judgment!" Lord Bull reaches out to grab Kveit by the arm. Another Timmerman, wearing a goat shaped helmet produces a chain like item. It is approximately 6 feet long, at one end is a large open ring. Just shy of half way down the length of chain are two more smaller open rings. The device splits at the other end into two chains that each end in smaller open rings. At each ring connection point is a small node with several flashing lights and buttons.
OOC:
Like this but more Sci-Fi
OK, GM intrusion time again. 1XP to Friar_Tuk and one for another player of his choice. The end result is Kveit will be bound by these futuristic manacles. Refusal costs you an XP and you will need a Level 4(12) Speed Defense roll to keep Lord Bull from grabbing Kveit.
Kveit kneels slowly, but stares Bull in the eyes the entire time. Accepting that her body is being bound, but making it known with her eyes that she is not broken.
OOC:
I accept the intrusion and XP. 1 XP goes to Pha for going with Kveit's crazy jack move :)
Feb 6, 2016 2:11 am
At the sight of Kveit kneeling before the Bull, Carrick groaned, "No, no, no, no.....Kveit, what are you doing?" He faced the others, "We can't let her be captured by herself. I'm of a mind to go down there after her - if they were to take her and leave us behind....no! I don't want to think about it!" He shook his head then looked at Pha, "What did you find out?"
Feb 6, 2016 2:39 am
"She said she was the only one to pass the rite and was worth anything. The one with the Bull Head seems to be a bit stronger than most of the rest and wanted to kill her to feel superior so she attacked him since her coming out in the open and saying what she did put the Seer at odds, the Bull head one wants to have him killed I think and replaced, the one in charge is in charge for a reason and stopped him since he's about twice as strong as most of them and just about as strong as the Bull one plus half again if measuring his strength. The rest were probably as strong as Chaig.

If you want to run in without a real plan now to save her realize you'll put her and the whole village at risk of being harmed if a fight breaks out before we get there possibly, the Bull head one seems to not trust the Seer already and prone to violence first thinking later. While I don't like bullies or the idea of the distraction to this degree she went down and did what she did. So did you have something in mind or are we charging down to try and get flying men to come down and fight and get people in the village hurt in the process?"
Pha stated his story blunt. If the majority wanted to just charge and fight it out they'd have to leave no survivor that would run away if they started an attack. To figure out an actual plan that would give the villagers time to get away... would be better, "We're in a bad way regardless of what we do even if we just all hide. I'm not going to try and stop you from helping your friend and doing what you think is right... but I will say think before you act... our choices hold not our lives in the balance but that of the entire village...I know first hand the villagers will likely hesitate to help her versus just letting them take her unless some of us step in they care about... Calm yourself and think." They were in for it regardless.
Last edited February 6, 2016 2:40 am
Feb 6, 2016 2:41 am
Yaru shakes his head, "No. No. If more of us show up, the Seer is dead for sure -- and he's the one ally the village has from these creatures. We will need to think about how to rescue Kveit separately -- if we blunder in, it'll all just be worse."
Feb 6, 2016 2:50 pm
"I understand, and I'm not going to rush down there like Kveit did, but I just feel so helpless!"

His eyes brightened for a moment, "What if we set a section of the forest on fire? It might get the others out of the village and away from the Timmermen, and might be distracting enough for us to rescue Kveit or to sneak aboard their ship. The forest is far enough away from the village I don't think there's much risk of it causing damage, and that storm would likely help quench it and keep it from spreading too." He looked to each of the others, "And be honest, do you think something like that would work, or am I being blinded by my desire to help my friend?
Feb 6, 2016 5:44 pm
Kveit is pushed forward by Lord bull, the Goat masked Timmerman kicks at her knees making her land hard before the stage and Lord Death. The skull faced figure regards the young girl silently for a moment. The dead, black eyes of his mask reveal nothing of his thoughts. He then turns to take in the Seer. In a voice that rumbles with dark power, Lord Death addresses Kveit, "Explain yourself girl. And know that your words may steer the fates of others should you displease us."

Note to to Kveit

[note="Friar_Tuk"]Now that Kveit is so close to the Timmerman, she can sense that he posses nanites similar to her own. She can't be sure why, but she knows that while he has more control over his nanites, he does not communicate with them the way Kveit does. Basically this means that Lord Death doesn't yet know Kveit is part machine. It may provide a asset in the future if you can think of a good reason.
OOC:
Basically, I'm thinking the nanites can communicate with each other like two devices on a network, but with active security protocols. You will have limited access to their system. You can't shut them down, but maybe distract them so they don't respond to Lord Death the way he might want them to.
load next

Thread locked