Out skirts of the Village

load previous
Feb 6, 2016 10:24 pm
"A fire would concern the village, these people wouldn't I'm not sure as much... We don't know if the clay rats are still running around as well in there...no one likes to be surrounded by fire usually... We need to figure out a plan soon. Do we pick off the weaker ones when they head out or move in to attack them if she gets hurt?" Pha states.
Feb 8, 2016 3:22 pm
Kveit stares up at this skull faced horror. Makes me looks like a regular farmer's daughter...their made, at least partially, of nanites, like mine. Did mine come from them? Or did they find lovely little boxes in other caves somewhere? Her eyes flick to the Seer, Do we owe the Seer anything? He's one of these monsters now...but he was once one of us and is trying to help us all.

Kveit looks straight into the eyes of Death, "I wanted to prove myself in the rite. Nobody in this village has ever given a damn for me. So I killed the other participants one by one. When I got to the peak of the Spiram, the Seer was there. He told me of you Timmermen, and told me I was the only one worthy of returning with you should you come. Now you are here. I am at your mercy. Will you have me as a willing convert? I wish to know the power you posses, oh great lords.
OOC:
Kveit is lying her butt off, stalling for time and trying to convince these Timmermen that she is the only remaining survivor of the Rite. She is also fishing for information; she can sense the power in these creatures, and can feel the kinship between the nanites. What I am trying for here is the equivalent of a deception/charm check. I want them to believe what I'm saying and also to somewhat trust me. Please let me know the check/difficulty. My voice mutation is an asset in these social situations, and I may spend more intellect to reduce the difficulty.
Feb 8, 2016 11:52 pm
The head Timmerman regards the young girl for a moment. "Well that is an interesting tale, slave. I don't know what this rite you speak of is. How an abomination such as you thinks she is even remotely worthy to serve in the Great Citadel is...disturbing. And under normal circumstances, murdering your fellow slaves...in mass, it would seem...would warrant a summary execution."

"However, I believe you have been a victim of poor stewardship. We shall have a conversation with The Seer."
Death turns to look at the Seer. "Care to explain?"
OOC:
He buys your story. The fact he hasn't been here in a while makes it a lot more plausible.
Feb 9, 2016 1:55 am
"My Lord, I...have an explanation. When I was cut off from the Citadel...I searched for years to find a way back. To find out what had happened to my brothers, to you who had shown me the mysteries of the world! But I could not, the...way was shut. When no one came at the appointed time, I feared the worst had befallen you all. Or that in some way I had displeased you and been cast out."

Kveit can see because she is close, that the Seer's left hand is trembling. He is hiding it behind his back and gesturing with his right emphatically, as though to distract from the deception.

"Cut off...I lost my way. I treated the aldiea as my own plaything. You know...you should recall, in your vast wisdom Lord Death, that when last the Timmermen collected slaves, I was looking into the cause of the anomalous mutations among the chattel. In my research I...I instituted a trial by combat...to discover the depth of the mutations, to see if there were any commonalities. This is the latest victor, it would seem. Her battle prowess is remarkable. She could prove valuable if my theories about her progeny prove true. A generation or more of breeding may yield fantastic results. On the other avenue. I believe I am coming close to discovering the source of the mutations, allowing us to control them further."
OOC:
The Seer is lying out of his butt too. He had a plan on what to tell the Timmermen when they arrived but your presense and proclimaitons have seemed to throw those plans out the window. He is scrambling to recover.
Feb 9, 2016 2:38 pm
OOC:
Just wanted to throw in here: The mutation story is very plausible considering Kveit's appearance. We haven't made a big deal of it, but Kveit has greenish, leather/scaly skin, large bone spurs protruding from her knees and elbows, and a long semi-prehensile tail. In my mind she also has gaunt, vaguely skeletal facial features and a ridge of small bony spikes at her brow line. she looks like a mutant, and is a mutant.
Feb 9, 2016 6:04 pm
Galen is growing impatient, "They're going to take her unless we act soon. Aside from an all-out assault what options do we have?"
Feb 10, 2016 1:54 am
"I see. Bind him. We shall take him back to the Citadel for judgement. I'm sure the people of the Cove will enjoy the respite from his blood sport for a time. Do you keep your research back at the Spiram? Do we need to stop and pick up any samples, or notes? Pilot, note that. We will be stopping over at the Seer's domicile before returning to the Citadel."

Turning back to regard Kneit, "Seeing as how you have eliminated the other prime chattel, we will make do with a selection of the remainders. Their service will be less than adequate, but the Timmermen will have to endure."

Turning to the goat faced Timmerman, Lord Death waves a hand at the crowd of gathered villagers. "Choose thirteen. Remember, not to old as to be untrainable, not so young they have to be coddled."

The Goat whistles and points to two Timmerman, one with an owl face, the other a hawk. They move forward toward the gathered villagers. The adults cry out and push the children back, but the Timmermen pay them no heed. You see one of the Guild Council members step forward with a wooden pole in his hands. He tries to fend off the hawk helmed man, but the goat produces a whip made of purple energy and strikes him. He goes down in a heap, black smoke rising into the air from the wound. A few people scream and wail, but the Timmermen don't seem phased.

They reach into the crowd and grab an arm. Kylia is yanked out, Amburn is clinging to her. Begging that the young girl be left alone Amburn clings to her skirts and offers herself instead. The goat raises and hand and strikes her. She crumples to the ground as Kylia fights the hawk, despite the obvious futility of her struggle. The goat bends down to pick up Amburn and is about to hoist her upon his shoulder when a large rock strikes him in the head. The crowd parts, shock clear on their faces, They cannot fathom who would act against the Timmermen. Kveit can see Chaig standing alone in the crowd. A moment later the rest of the party can see him as he rushed forward and bodily tackles the goat. The owl moves to aid his companion. Chaig won't last long in this fight.
Feb 10, 2016 2:11 am
Galen growls as the goat strikes Amburm and mishandles Kylia. He looks at his friends, primarily Carrick and Pha in this case, and draws Reaver,"They need our help, you ready?"
Last edited February 10, 2016 2:13 am
Feb 10, 2016 12:23 pm
Pha's jaw sets and his fist clench before they relax, "Sorry Yaru... I know the plan was to pick them off for the most part when they were leaving but if a fight breaks out people are going to get hurt escpecially if they go to the Spiram, the Seer doesn't seem to be in the best of spots either... If even Chaig has a pair now I think it's better to try and take down their numbers as best we can in the chaos, they're expecting only a minor resistance, not someone coming for blood on equal terms to most of them.

We need to take down at least one of their flying machines and give the people time to escape, if we take down the Bull and most of the smaller guys quickly the leader will be pushed into fight or flight, and even if they leave they won't go empty handed."
Pha states before he haunches forward slightly. His fingers elongated, his nails thickening and darkening in color, his canines grew as well as he almost moved to all fours and he squatted. With features more feral he moved forward.

"Mayfe thed fhink we're raifers herf for food..." Pha added still hoping for the best outcome.

Activating Sculpts Flesh
Last edited February 10, 2016 12:25 pm
Feb 10, 2016 10:08 pm
The sight of Kylia being strong-armed by the hawk-faced creature was too much for Carrick. In a blind, fearful rage, he leapt from his hiding spot and raced toward the village. After the dirty tricks Chaig had pulled earlier, he couldn't believe that he was standing up to the Timmerman, but if he was going to defend the villagers, then Carrick would fight beside him!

As he ran, he fiddled with the ring on his finger. He knew that by lining up the symbol on the ring it would somehow protect him. As soon as he pushed the two half-symbols together, a yellow sphere of shimmering light sprang up around him, and he let out a guttural roar, aiming his charge toward the monster holding his beloved.
OOC:
I'm activating my Force Shield Cypher, granting +3 to my armor for the next hour.
Feb 10, 2016 10:25 pm
Kveit curses and stoops to grab the monoblade from her boot, hoping it will be sharp enough to cut through her bonds, as she does so, he nanite arms and legs ripple weirdly...and parts of the Timmermen's bodies do the same...What? Maybe I can affect them somehow...

Friar_Tuk sent a note to foolsmask
Last edited February 10, 2016 10:25 pm
Feb 10, 2016 10:29 pm
Galen follows right along behind Carrick and presses his Force Nodule Cypher into his armor. His armor takes on a faint glow for a moment before fading, you can still see the light shining off of it oddly when you look at it from the right angle.
OOC:
Armor is now +2 for the next 28 hours. It is now at 4.
Feb 16, 2016 3:26 pm
foolsmask sent a note to Friar_Tuk
The hawk Timmerman is holding the struggling Kylia by her wrists, both wrapped in a single gauntleted hand. Her efforts seem a complete waste as the larger man bends down and wraps an arm around Amburn's waist and hefts her over his shoulder roughly. The movement brings Amburn around and she begins struggling against the hawk, but she can't seem to find a weak point in his armor. He moves steadily toward the transport vessel with the girls.

Chaig's years of fighting and bullying have paid off somewhat. He lands two or three solid hits on his two assailants before the goat manages to get his whip around Chaig's neck. There is a flash of purple light and Chaig chokes out a scream before falling unconscious. Kveit being closest can see black burn around Chaig's neck, and small wisps of black smoke rise from wound. The owl kicks the unconscious child, the goat bends over and grabs him by the wrist and drags Chaig toward the transport following the hawk.

The owl Timmerman is still empty handed, but without anyone actively fighting him he is able to quickly choose someone to take. He approaches the seamstress Aileen Verigar. She is hiding three of the town's orphans children behind her. The owl approaches her and points at her wards. The matron of the orphanage steps forward but the sudden appearance of a three foot blade in the owl Timmerman's hand keeps her back. They exchange words, to quietly to be heard at a distance, but by the woman's gestures, you can guess she is offering herself as well. For some reason the owl considers this acceptable. One of the children is passed to a nearby villager, then Aileen and the other two walk in front of the owl as he prods them toward the transport.
Feb 17, 2016 2:35 am
OOC:
As I said in the OOC thread, at this point if you wish to move into close/melee range with anyone in the town square, a Speed test with a Difficulty of 2(6) is sufficient. If you wish to stay at range, no test needed.
Feb 17, 2016 1:41 pm
Galen moves as quickly as he can to intercept the hawk and free the girls. As he closes the distance he swings Reaver at the Hawk, hoping to make him release the girls
OOC:
Expending 2 points of speed to decrease the difficulty of the speed task to 1

Matching the number means I got it, correct?

10 damage if that's a hit!
Last edited February 17, 2016 1:44 pm

Rolls

Speed task to close the distance - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Attack (Thrust - 8 damage if it hits) - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Feb 18, 2016 10:00 pm
Carrick was running full out, terror clawing at his heart as the hawk-headed Timmerman carried the women toward the craft. He cried out to Kylia that he was coming.
OOC:
rolling to get within range for melee
With a roar, he threw himself at the Timmerman, trying to tackle him to the ground.
Last edited February 18, 2016 10:02 pm

Rolls

Speed Check (using 3pts to spend Effort) - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Tackle attack (hoping that Carrick's momentum will provide an asset) - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Feb 19, 2016 10:32 pm
OOC:
njohn858 - My apologies for not responding to Naatkinson before you acted. I came down with a cold that sapped all my energy. You can change your action if you want based on the success of Galen's attack, as tackling a dead man might not be the best course of action when he has someone on his shoulder. Keep the speed roll though if you want to get there...which I imagine you do, although your speed Edge of 1 means you only needed to spend 2 points, not 3. So slight refund there.
OOC:
Naatkinson - Yes, a roll equal to the Difficulty is a success. Your Effort was well spent in this case. And, yes that attack hits for a massive 10 damage because of the 18.
Galen's skill with the blade is proven. With one quick lunge he skewers the hawk headed Timmerman by finding the weak point under his arm. Reaver's point exits the enemy's back inches below Amburn's face. The young woman lets out a shriek of surprise when the blood splatters on her face. The watching townsfolk scream in horror and shock. The other Timmermen are have unreadable facial expressions, but confusion is what you would guess is their primary reaction.

The hawk face turns and regards Galen for a moment. This close you can see the human eyes inside the helmet. They are obscured by the tinted material of the visor, but the unmistakable light that was his life can be seen to fade as Reaver drinks deeply of his blood as it pours from the wound. An eternity stretches out between Galen and the Timmerman, then suddenly reality comes back. Galen no longer looks at the face of an enemy, but holds the weight of a corpse and a young woman up with his blade.
Feb 19, 2016 10:43 pm
OOC:
Sounds good. I'll just change it so that Carrick runs to Kylia to comfort her and make sure she's ok. Also, I'll be offline for the next two days. Just FYI.
Feb 19, 2016 11:24 pm
Pha makes it over the woodland terrain the best he can behind the others scanning the combatants for his target until he hears Amburn but tries not to get distracted. His feral features twist as he sees one of the larger targets as his rushes him moving to the Bullheaded one lashing into him with claws.
OOC:
I'll use an XP. Huh I guess well spent! Don't know if I get anything extra. If I hit it'll be 8 damage due to Fists of Fury & Scult Flesh.
Last edited February 19, 2016 11:29 pm

Rolls

Speed Check (Task level 2) - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Speed Check using XP - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Attacking with Light Weapon - Fist (One step down need a 9) - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Feb 20, 2016 2:12 am
The Bull doesn't even notice as Pha pounces on him. The younger man's claws find some purchase and draw blood despite the heavy armor on his opponent. The bull reels back and roars, gathering himself quickly and charging toward Pha. His huge axe cuts a wide arc as he attempts to decapitate Pha in a single blow.
OOC:
@Remnant...Pha needs to make a Dificulty 4(12) Speed Defense roll or suffer 8 Might damage.
load next

Thread locked