Chapter 5: Return to the Surface

load previous
May 16, 2017 2:22 am
Elfog pulls and pulls on the chain, trying to snap the links, but nothing happens.

Naatkinson sent a note to CancerMan
May 16, 2017 6:56 am
Hunter tightens her eyes, wincing as Elfog's efforts seem to produce more pain than any other result. "Stop, already," she grits, waving her hand dismissively to get the dwarf to stop. "I'll need a wizard or a priest. Just... for now, let's just get to Gauntlgrym."
May 16, 2017 7:40 am
Is that wise? Maybe a priest now, before we set off? Maingor suggests vaguely.
May 16, 2017 3:40 pm
"And there happens to be one hiding in the bushes?" Hunter snaps. She sighs after a pause, and continues. "I'm sorry. I... this is very tiring. I should not take it out on you all."
May 18, 2017 2:18 am
I land, switching to my regular gnomish form before approaching the others. "Well? Is it done? You alright, Hunter?"
May 18, 2017 6:46 am
Hunter tries to lean back, but is restrained by Elfog's grip upon the necklace. "I am fine, for now," she answers. "I suppose there's no hiding the fact that Elayna has joined our entourage, though I hope it is only a temporary arrangement."

She pauses, and her voice lowers. "I worry what might happen if she should gather strength."
May 18, 2017 5:20 pm
OOC:
Anything else before we move on to the next scene?
May 18, 2017 10:38 pm
Elfog releases his grip on Hunter's necklace and takes a step back, taking deep breaths as he comes down from his rage.

"Hope I didn't hurt ya"
OOC:
Good here as well.
May 23, 2017 3:24 am
It isn't long before you are taken to board the ferry for your long journey down the river. The trip is blissfully uneventful and you find that Lanniver is charming and straightforward, exactly what you'd expect from someone of his order.

Once you depart the ferry, there are still a couple of weeks of travel before you actually reach the gates of Gauntlgrym. The dwarves out front are obviously expecting you, and you are led in and through several long tunnels before you reach what the dwarves call the Vault of Kings.

Large enough to enclose a small town, this high-ceilinged chamber rises above a network of bridges, stone towers, and sturdy walls carved from rock and sheathed in iron and mithral. Dozens of smaller chambers lead out from the Vault of Kings, including sprawling residential areas not yet filled by Gauntlgrym's new occupants.

You are each given a very spacious room of your own, "Here be yer rooms," one of the guards says, "Glad to have ye here. It'll be a couple more days afore the rest of the groups show up, so make yourselves at home and let anybody know if ye need a thing. Try not to wander about too much, much o' Gauntlgrym is still wild, but you should be safe visiting the Great Forge or Iron Tabernacle if ye get bored."
May 23, 2017 3:27 am
May 23, 2017 5:02 am
Hunter delights in the construction around her, marveling at the artistry behind the earth and stone. She doesn't know why specifically, but she finds herself eager to absorb every detail, exhibiting a predilection for the ground she walks upon and walks beneath.

"Have earth magic?" asks Hunter in her broken dwarvish. "Study I would like and learn. May thou hast library or Arcaneum?"

She then realizes something. "You say 'rest of groups,'" she repeats, still in Dwarvish. "Who comes?"
CancerMan sent a note to Naatkinson
May 24, 2017 5:01 am
"Uh, ye mean, like a library? Can't say that we do, but you could visit the Iron Tabernacle, lots o' magic types down there," the dwarf replies, "Eh, I'm not too sure. Probly the Harpers, and whatnot. Ye'd have to ask King Bruenor, but he won't be ready for ye til later."
May 24, 2017 5:03 am
May 24, 2017 7:08 am
Hunter will make her way to the Iron Tabernacle to either do some light research, learn some interesting tricks, or generally stick her nose into arcane business.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

Secret Roll

May 25, 2017 5:06 am
Hunter also attempts to speak dwarvish whenever possible, trying to improve on her elementary-level and broken dialect.
May 25, 2017 8:50 pm
You make your way to the Iron Tabernacle and find an absolutely massive chamber. It would easily hold an entire surface village within it. It obviously has lost some of its former glory, as some passages off of it have collapsed and many statues are partially crumbled. Nevertheless it is still a warm place where a number of priests mill about, seeing to the spiritual needs of the dwarven peoples.

You realize when you get there that you'd have no idea where to even start looking for info.
May 25, 2017 9:24 pm
Elfog, thrilled to be around fellow dwarves, greets the guard and asks about the Iron Tabernacle.

"Got to drop me friend off here" he says, motioning to Beard, "but if you could point me to the Iron Tabernacle I'll be heading off in that direction right after.".
May 26, 2017 7:43 pm
"If ye'd like company, I'll take ye there. It can get kinda confusin' around here until yer used to it," the guard offers, "Could always use a bit o' holy water anyway."

Elfog knows well that when a dwarf says "holy water" he really means strong ale.
May 26, 2017 7:48 pm
"Let's be off then!" Eflog says, giving the guard a hearty slap on the shoulder.
load next

Thread locked